Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress How could Itz happen to me?

So, basically you White Knighted for Rena so hard she eventually caved in and let you plunder her treasure chest?

Kipeci

Arcane
Masturbation always finds a way, of course, but all she really did was teach me to get better at music by folding tiny paper weapons instead of actually practicing with my instrument.

Rena's is the only path in which you're guaranteed to get a action upgrade if you complete it, and if you're lucky you can apparently also get some sort of event that can upgrade the sleep action.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Thank god ME3 Co-Op Free DLC is out...

0.jpg

Behold, the Omni Bow!

TOME

Cuckmaster General
People really play this game ? With some other purpose than to write a glorious lp ?
:hmmm:

I haven't played this but watching RK constantly fail gives me an urge to try this. Can't be that hard...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I haven't played this but watching RK constantly fail gives me an urge to try this. Can't be that hard...

What I've gathered from watching the videos:
1) Traits affect success rate in tasks and/or give additional dialogue options for more xp (noticing things not giving up etc)
2) Abilities govern how much skill you get from succeeding in an activity
3) Literature/Science is mental, fashion/sports is physical. Art/music is both physical and mental.
4) When you perform an activity, others increase/decay slightly. It seems like doing mental stuff drops physical and vice versa. Art seems to randomly increase/decrease all stats, but mostly increase.
5) When you rest, all skills deteriorate slightly
6) Physical/mental exhaustion is generated by failing activities. (the few times RK went a whole week with no failures, his exhaustion didn't drop
7) So getting the lucky/charmed trait which s supposed to govern success rate in activities means you can get more activities in before mandatory deterioration during rest
8) Resting seems to fill ~25% of both bars per day. so either rest uring weekend at 50% or at 75% and have an activity sat or sun
9) The girls seem to have stats they value, as the friendship/love conversations appear to be triggered when gaining ranks in classes, not just after dates
10) Suzu is probably math/science, alice is music/art, rena is probably literature etc.
11) Special activities seem to substitute a regular activity and add +popularity on top. Probably because you're doing them with people.

It should be pretty straightforward to game your way to a perfect run. but it wouldn't make for a terribly entertaining let's play. Let's be honest for a second -- we're all here to laugh when 47-chan fumbles.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd argue they're always decaying, It's just that you obviously make much bigger gains than losses.
I'd also guess the memory traits will probably augment the speeds at which they decay too, can anyone confirm?

Kipeci

Arcane
Rena is definitely not literature, I let that atrophy into extreme failure throughout the whole game and got her without a problem. Even Kiku doesn't actually care as much about literacy as her harping about your failures in it would imply, she's more for fashion. If you want to go for Rena, you should head directly for art/music and never look back. Maybe a bit of sports on the side would be helpful, too, but art/music actually trains sports a lot on its own, even the non-upgraded version.

I have noticed slightly less decay after getting the memory trait, but really, the traits are only generally decent (aside from the luck ones) for getting more options and success/skill points in conversations. The luck ones do make you succeed more often than not if you get them upgraded, so they're a pretty good bet.

Also, for fashion and popularity, I know that fashion barely strains the mind if at all, it's more of a physical thing I think. Popularity is more physical but does have a bit of mental strain... or maybe I was mixing those up. It doesn't really matter until later on, when you're sure to find out one way or the other. Those two stats are probably the most useless until you get a bit more ahead in the game, and you really should neglect them until then so that you won't get sent back for dodgy grades.

RK47

Patron
There's a pretty big hint on which girl digs what - just have a critical success during activity and they pop in during the animation.
So far noticed: Suzu in Science, Rena in Art.

Kipeci

Arcane
It's true that they do pop in some of the time, but I think you have to have a fairly decent relationship with them to begin with for that to happen.

Though, that doesn't really matter. Most of the interests that the characters have are painfully obvious. Some are less prominent than you might think they are (like how Kiku doesn't actually care all that much if you're not that great on your literature so long as you're not bungling the class) but overall it's pretty easy to work out that Hiroshi likes sports, Rena is into art, and so on.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So once RK hooks up with a girl, the Angel kills her and tells him he must date her instead? Tentative incline...

Kipeci

Arcane
'A' girl? Try all of them, and two dudes.

I'm not sure why he keeps getting sent back when he gets theoretically successful lives in those other endings, except for some nonsense about 'making other people's lives better' or something.

RK47

Patron
'A' girl? Try all of them, and two dudes.

I'm not sure why he keeps getting sent back when he gets theoretically successful lives in those other endings, except for some nonsense about 'making other people's lives better' or something.

The shadows are chasing him.
Whenever The Nameless Oniichan gets sent back, someone in Shira Oka dies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom