Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
How INCLOOSIVE of them.

Screenshots-png.jpg

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Given what tablet trash Civ6 is, I'm more than willing to give this one a try. I think it's actually very smart of them to release a Civ competitor. Firaxis went to shit since Beyond Earth so the crows are here for the pickings. AoW Planetfall goes straight for the SMAC crowd, so it's no wonder others are going after people disappointed with Civ6. I just hope it turns out better than At The Gates.

Beowulf

Arcane
Well, their 4x games always had good artistic values and slick UI, but the AI was lacking.
I don't have high hopes that it'll be better in this title.

Citizen

I never liked the pseudohistoric theme of civilization games, so it's kinda sad that they are abandoning their great scifi+fantasy mashup of EL for this

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Create your leader. Share it with the world.

In Humankind, you will play as an avatar that you create, customize and lead to make the largest mark on history.

As you progress through Amplitude's brand new historical 4X strategy game, you'll combine cultures through six different eras to build a unique civilization as you are. The journey matters more than the destination, and no great deed will go unnoticed.

How far will you push Humankind?

flyingjohn

Arcane

Create your leader. Share it with the world.

In Humankind, you will play as an avatar that you create, customize and lead to make the largest mark on history.

As you progress through Amplitude's brand new historical 4X strategy game, you'll combine cultures through six different eras to build a unique civilization as you are. The journey matters more than the destination, and no great deed will go unnoticed.

How far will you push Humankind?

It looks like a low budget civ clone.
Wtf happened to their art and music,those were one of the great things amplitude got right over firaxis.
Oh and blue hair,are you kidding me?

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Oh boy, they sure are trying hard to make it look exactly like nu-civ. I can almost hear the sounds of the creativity they've shown with Endless games dying a slow, choking death.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Combat looks like in civ 5 :decline:
Which means they only need to make an AI that can find its path and play semi competently at the tactical level to bury it (just try Strategic Command: WW2, Warlock or Gladius to see 1UPT done right). That is a good move!

Edit: But yes, it looks like standard Endless Legend indeed.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, I will be extremely surprised if this isn't significantly better than nu-civ out of the box, so there's a positive side to it. On the other hand, I'd definitely be way more happy with Endless Legend 2 or, heck, even Dungeon of the Endless 2 and I was never that big on civ anyway.

Market wise it makes perfect sense though. Nu-civ is really riding the coattails of the good installments with obvious lack of talent and effort all around so it's high time someone took them on. Also, feck firaxis for actively injecting strategy market with cancer all the time.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I always wanted the option to make an avatar in these games, I even believe Xcom could benefit from this.

Gerrard

Arcane
Which means they only need to make an AI that can find its path and play semi competently at the tactical level to bury it (just try Strategic Command: WW2, Warlock or Gladius to see 1UPT done right). That is a good move!

You can't be fucking serious, the AI in Warlock was abysmal.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You can't be fucking serious, the AI in Warlock was abysmal.
The AI in Warlock was totally unable to buff its own units, or debuf yours [edit: ad was also unable to build useful troops], but it was able to use 1UPT convincingly.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane

Focusing on diversity is disgusting.
Btw,you can forget about any other endless game if this sells.It will be multicultural history sequel after sequel since firaxis is fucking incompetent.

Actually,when i look back on amplitude,their biggest strengths have always been the aaa side of things,the music and art.
The gameplay minus civ ideas has always been lacking.And the ai is at the same level or even worse then nu civ.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I can't tell whether that dude talking about multiculturalism looks really uncomfortable or not.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
If they don't fuck it up too much then they've struck a motherlode. Of course the game won't do anything close to civ numbers due to lack of recognition and marketing, but the civ market is huuuge and the number of people fed up with nu-firaxis inanity growing.

flyingjohn

Arcane
If they don't fuck it up too much then they've struck a motherlode. Of course the game won't do anything close to civ numbers due to lack of recognition and marketing, but the civ market is huuuge and the number of people fed up with nu-firaxis inanity growing.
Actually firaxis has almost no marketing whatsoever for nu civ. This is a company that spends months in silence and just makes a small youtube video talking about patch notes.Most strategy game devs have monthly reports and news,especially creative assembly.
All amplitude needs to do is monthly dlc/updates with big news happening every half a year and they can easily make the big bucks considering how much civ fans want new content.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom