Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software IGN thinks Dark Souls is better than Skyrim

Shannow

Waster of Time
ricolikesrice said:
kinda funny/sad that guys who think risen has well-done combat and exploration dismiss demon souls but hey, your loss ;)
Well, Volrath seems to be the only moron in this thread who believes buying a console for one (potentially two) good game(s) is a smart thing to do. If they don't port to PC it's their loss (in sales). *shrug*

Kraszu

Prophet
ricolikesrice said:
kinda funny/sad that guys who think risen has well-done combat and exploration dismiss demon souls but hey, your loss ;)

I am not dismissing it, but I will not buy console for 1-2 games, especially when I have plenty of potentially decent PC games to play.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
my statement was more meant at those who dismiss it because its console (LOLOLOL POPAMOLE LOLOL) rather than it being console *exclusive* (not buying it because 1-2 games dont justify a new platform) - sorry if that came across the wrong way.

...that being said i actually bought a PS3 for demon souls and think it was worth it even if demon souls and dark souls were the only games i d play on it (they arent though) but of course if you have enough other great games then it doesnt make much sense spending that much money just for 1-2.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm still kind of aghast at the fact that people are actually paid good money to write this kind of crap. I'd apply for a job, but I don't have boobs or a PSP to lick.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
mindx2 said:
What has happened to the Codex lately?!!!!!! Console exclusives getting the love?!!!!

:x

What the fuck makes you (and others here) believe that the codex was ever a PC only site? It's called the rpgcodex, not the pc-rpgcodex FFS!.

Just because a small majority of codex members are PC only elitists doesn't mean we all are. I too, prefer PC gaming, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the occasional good console game - and yes there are a few - the Ninja Gaiden's, DMC's etc. As for Demon's Souls, it is vastly superior to most PC arpg's released in recent years and I have no doubt Dark Souls will be too.

I for one, am looking forward much more to DS than I am fucking Skyrim, which is all the PC has going for it in the near future.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
@topic: No wonder about that. From Software games > Bethesda games, with the possible exception of Daggerfall.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
AlaCarcuss said:
What the fuck makes you (and others here) believe that the codex was ever a PC only site? It's called the rpgcodex, not the pc-rpgcodex FFS!.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/page.php?id=about
Of course hating something because it's console-exclusive is silly.

And to everyone laughing at that skyway post, he's being facetious and paraphrasing some silly Gamespy editor I quoted in another thread. Guess you kinda had to be there.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
This is IGN's best trolling article so far (and they have plenty). 3000+ comments. :shock:

Anyway, it's entertaining seeing all the upset Skyrim fans who seemingly feel IGN has betrayed them. :)

Mangoose said:
MetalCraze said:
I've been PC gamer since before PCs were called PCs and I don't understand the difference between one shitty console action and another shitty console action
Shut up, you understand and like Devil May Cry.

final-fantasy-advent-children-3.jpg

Dunno, I think it looks pretty swe-

wait, shit

wrong game

dmc4.jpg

there we go

Xi

Arcane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_cl1MItkI

This guy has the japanese version, which was released already, and shows quite a bit of what to expect. From software made the King's Field games, which I personally thought were pretty good, and broke the console mold. They were about epic dungeon crawling, puzzles, mazes, and difficult monster encounters.

Basically, if you want a good dungeon crawler, with modern paint, then Dark Souls is probably the only thing that comes close.

It's a day one for me, can't wait.

---

Choices and consequences. The NPC he kills drops a ring, however, if you equip the ring and then unequip it later, the ring breaks. :smug:

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAQhHpUC ... re=related

Some epic boss battles, that are pretty difficult at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3B6eblP ... er&list=UL

Achilles

Arcane
AlaCarcuss said:
Just because a small majority of codex members are PC only elitists doesn't mean we all are.

It's got nothing to do with elitism. I already have a PC for serious work stuff as well as games. I've just never been able to justify the cost of buying a console, since 90% of the games are also released on PC. I mean, why spend 300$ for a console? So that I can play a couple of games that would interest me? Big deal, I would much rather spend the money on buying games or other stuff. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Xi

Arcane
Alexandros said:
It's got nothing to do with elitism. I already have a PC for serious work stuff as well as games. I've just never been able to justify the cost of buying a console, since 90% of the games are also released on PC. I mean, why spend 300$ for a console? So that I can play a couple of games that would interest me? Big deal, I would much rather spend the money on buying games or other stuff. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Completely understandable, however I purchased a PS3 as a DVD/Bluray player and for netflix movie streaming. It's great for that! Worth the 250 bucks, imho. Still, finding a couple of games you want to play adds to the value a bit. Sure, you could hook up a PC and do the same stuff, but I like the convenience, and the money is really not an issue for me. To each his own.

When they first released, and had premium prices, both the X and P were not worth a purchase, but now that they've dropped in price, and offer some added features, they can be worth it.

Achilles

Arcane
Also understandable. It just annoys me when people dismiss PC-only gamers as "PC elitists", implying that their choice is based on some sort of religious devotion or fanboyism.

I'm not 20 years old any more, my free time is limited and it makes no sense for me to buy another games machine in order to have access to a few more games. People need to realize that and stop going all "BROS LOLOOOLLL PCTARDS CODEX IS WORSE THAN GAMESPOT" every time someone mentions that he is a PC gamer.

I don't have any consoles because my PC is more than enough to cover my gaming needs. It's as simple as that.

That really depends on how much you value being able to play some interesting game that are only available on console. Entertainment isn't something you can put an absolute value on.

Alexandros said:
I'm not 20 years old any more, my free time is limited and it makes no sense for me to

This argument is usually reserved to praise 4-hour long games, so just seeing these words makes me :x

Johannes

Arcane
Alexandros said:
I don't have any consoles because my PC is more than enough to cover my gaming needs. It's as simple as that.
That's cool. Just don't bitch how there's not enough cool games to play then.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Alexandros said:
Also understandable. It just annoys me when people dismiss PC-only gamers as "PC elitists", implying that their choice is based on some sort of religious devotion or fanboyism.

I'm not 20 years old any more, my free time is limited and it makes no sense for me to buy another games machine in order to have access to a few more games. People need to realize that and stop going all "BROS LOLOOOLLL PCTARDS CODEX IS WORSE THAN GAMESPOT" every time someone mentions that he is a PC gamer.

Johannes said:
Alexandros said:

:salute: :salute: :salute: to both posts.

Achilles

Arcane
Johannes said:
Alexandros said:

Eh, that's a bit of a different issue. I do have some problems with the state of the gaming industry, in that there aren't enough of my favorite games any more, ie western-type turn-based RPGs, squad-based turn-based strategy games, space combat sims and so on. Buying a console wouldn't really fix that. Having said that, there are enough games in my secondary genres of choice (action-RPG, RTS, action) to keep me occupied every year.

corvus

Arcane
most of it was just idiots saying whoever doesn't like skyrim are just demon's souls fanboys.

2 months later on IGN.....Top 5 FACTS Skyrim Outsold Dark Souls.

Here's one fact: I'm saving my money to buy Skyrim not Dark Souls.

im buying skyrim therefore dark souls sucks

This article is so biased its not even funny. Skyrim is going to blow dark souls away, that's obvious. (i know i have a bias to)

Well, at least he notices the irony.

Seriously, the guy who wrote this article is a stupid gnorant fanboy. He writes out a effin' balad for DS but fo Skyrim its just "oh, Oblivion had this problem which they wont fix at all in Skyrim so DS is better." Stfu, troll. Skyrim looks a lot better to me. Yes ive played DS. It wasn't THAT hard. If Skyrim will be too easy, then raise the difficulty.

"It is, so it is." and the ever-classic "jus raize teh difficultey STOOPID!1" arguments in one post.

I totally agree. I mean I guess I agree with the DLC and challenge categories, simply because I know the game will be freaking hard and smaller games tend to have less DLC, but that doesn't make it better. Dragons and epic scope belong to Skyrim, that's not even a contest.

No dragons? No purchase. No exceptions.

I'm so tired of IGN's "why this game is better than this game" or "why your favorite popular game actually sucks and your a dumb mainstreamer" or "top 25 blah blah" or "I hate anything popular and here's why" articles. Give us news, and give us reviews. Besides in reviews we shouldn't be finding opinions anywhere on your site. It's extremely unprofessional.

"Stop having opinions and just keep churning out bribe-safe reviews from your game publisher overlords!"

I have trouble reading much more than the first page, it's like reading a million kingcomrade posts all at once but without the self-irony.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Alexandros said:

BRO SO TRUE THIS FORUM IS FILLED WITH RAGING CONSOLETARDS INSLTING THE POOR PUT UPON PC GAMERS

Phelot

Arcane
What the hell is Dark Souls. Who the fuck would spend $150 on a CE? Why are games being judged by "epicness?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom