Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Lancehead

Liturgist
I killed a wolf with an arrow, and it had 7 gold pieces, and a MAMMOTH SNOUT on it.
Seems like there's some error in your installation. Requiem actually removes stuff like gold and jewelry from animals.

Also, you start weaker than common bandits.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Arrows are effective against light-armoured enemies. Changing builds changes the game. How very laughable.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Not really. I don't think you've played enough of the mod to realise that, though.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I've played enough to realize it's designed by incompetent people, as evident by the mod description and the main inspirations.

Eyeball

Arcane
Do you know that there's standard a limit of training per level?
Yes. I can still pay Money and train my magic skills 5 times, but it just deducts me Money, does not increase the skill rating and doesn't give me Progress towards the NeXT level. I can still train other skills like speechcraft and armouring without snags.

Is this a bug or a faggotass limitation on training only skills of the same subtype.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Can't kill a Gargoyle. Thing just regens too quick to be killed lol.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, what is it with this game?
Last time I uninstalled I swore to never play this boring waste of time again.
But now the urge to reinstall and finally finish it becomes really overwhelming...
What is wrong with me?! :?

Whatever, I guess I'll just do it.
Let's see if I remember which mods are needed to have fun...
Requiem is a given, as are the unofficial patches, SkyUI and some additional interface improvements. Guess I'll pass on that civil war overhaul by that crazy guy this time, might not be stable enough.
Last time I played with Requiem I swam in money and loot after visiting Blackreach so I guess I'll install Morrowloot too.
Oh and I'll try out that live another life mod, I know that Helgen/Riverrun start inside out.
Any other essential mods? Is there anything to improve the guilds (extending the Companions quest line by adding filler quests or adding skill requirements for the thieves guild doesn't help, that's all half-assed bs) out yet? I don't mind if it isn't voiced.
And what about Helgen Reborn? Is that any good or is it the usual try hard shit that's predominant in overambitious mods.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
The fuck do you guys like this mod again? The wolves run away with you, so you can't easily farm them for skill anymore. Even then, you've got to deal with like 5-9 of them each time you fight them. I killed a wolf with an arrow, and it had 7 gold pieces, and a MAMMOTH SNOUT on it. Seriously the fuck do you guys like this mod for?

I've never had wolves carry gold or snouts in Requiem (on a fresh Skyrim install), perhaps you have some leftovers from other mods.

hell bovine

Arcane
You can train five times per level, to prevent you from becoming level 100 by sitting in town selling your crafted iron daggers. Just become level 10 naturally and you can train again.

Though from what RK is saying, part of GITTING GUD is apparently SUCKING DICKS. No wonder you guys like it so much. :lol:

Alternatively, you could not tanking blows with your bare chest. But sucking dicks is easier, yes :M

There is nothing wrong with liking dick... as long it's not attached to a whiny idiot. :)

DraQ

Arcane
Though from what RK is saying, part of GITTING GUD is apparently SUCKING DICKS. No wonder you guys like it so much. :lol:
You have it ass backwards - sucking dicks is the reason to GIT GUD.

They seem very much butthurt over the fact i don't like requiem sucking dicks, yes. :M
We both know that if you didn't like sucking dicks you'd have gitten gud already.
:martini:

Besides, it's not like everyone is RK playing with RK mods - some of us have no convenient alternative to gitting gud.
Arrows are effective against light-armoured enemies. Changing builds changes the game. How very laughable.
Rock/Paper/Scissors sure is some great combat design.
Beats Rock/Paper/Scissors/ICBM.
:M

Though I don't think it's RPS if the advantages are circumstantial - else everything is.

corvus

Arcane
Requiem is a given, as are the unofficial patches, SkyUI and some additional interface improvements. Guess I'll pass on that civil war overhaul by that crazy guy this time, might not be stable enough.

Have you tried the memory patch via ENB? After using it I've just about removed every CTD, freeze and hangup that was plaguing me (one constant was exiting the Jorvasskr rooms into the main hall, almost every single time the game would freeze during loading. this stopped after I used this patch)

Any other essential mods? Is there anything to improve the guilds (extending the Companions quest line by adding filler quests or adding skill requirements for the thieves guild doesn't help, that's all half-assed bs) out yet? I don't mind if it isn't voiced.

So far I've only heard of this, for the Companions:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22650/?

Very customizable, can choose what amount of radiant quests are required for joining/advancement (including an option to randomize it a little, if you don't like knowing exactly when you'll get promoted), how much of a reward you get based on level and quest difficulty, options to spar with other companions, etc. The Aela mod from the same author is worth picking up too, which adds a lot of dialogue to her both voiced and unvoiced, unused vanilla assets and custom-made ones. I think the author is planning on finding a voice actress to fill in all the unvoiced lines eventually.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
corvus
I heard about that memory patch, thanks for reminding me. :)
And that companions mod seems to have improved a lot since I last tried it, at least according to the mod description. I'll give it another try.
Wished they improved the other factions too. Dark Brotherhood Resurrected seems to be broken, at least it hasn't been updated in a while, and many other guild mods are broken too.
... Oh, Destroy the Thieves Guild looks nice, always wanted to do that. Did anyone here test that mod?

I just noticed that ogerboss will release a new version of Requiem soon. Guess I'll wait till then.

Eyeball

Arcane
Oi Draq, you're the top Requiem pimp around here. Is what I describe above normal behaviour for this mod or did getting the bard quest skillpint reward break my training?

hell bovine

Arcane
How do you cure Vampirism in Requiem?

Those white cure-it-all potions are supposed to work in the first stages of infection, later you need a quest (from vanilla Skyrim). Neither worked for me, but I've got the (also vanilla Skyrim) bug, where traveling with Serana will randomly turn your character into vampire.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

sucking dicks is the reason to GIT GUD.
Uh... Well, so long as you admit it. You heard it here first, folks: DraQ got gud in order to suck dicks, not the other way around.:M

Last edited by a moderator:

DraQ

Arcane
Oi Draq, you're the top Requiem pimp around here. Is what I describe above normal behaviour for this mod or did getting the bard quest skillpint reward break my training?
I don't think it should happen, just like I've never met a wolf carrying anything other than its pelt, heart and its own raw meat in Requiem.

You heard it here first, folks: I don't want to GIT GUD because I prefer to suck dongs.
Glad you've finally came out.
:martini:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We're supposed to talk about this game and mods, not gay stuff. So stop waving your dicks around in this dick measuring contest you dicks!

Aw, see that's cheap. I didn't actually change any of what you said. Just because you want to come out as a faggot doesn't mean I'm a faggot too.

Akratus, when has this thread ever been anything but a lame troll fest? "Before you didn't post in it, lambchop!" *rimshot*

Last edited by a moderator:

Aw, see that's cheap. I didn't actually change any of what you said.
I said I beame GUD because I didn't want to suck dicks.
Problem?

Akratus, when has this thread ever been anything but a lame troll fest?
When you didn't post in it.
Nah, it was shit efore I ever got here. Around the time Requiem came up I think.

Also, you said sucking dick was your reason to get gud. No going back now that you've come out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom