Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
IIRC Winterhold College could be accessed with a spell from any branch, you had a dialog tree to choose. Or was it just that it was modified to choose just the opposite? That'd be very Requiem-like.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i think winterholds entry cast thing is randomly chosen.

edit: yeah, random.

If you agree, she will randomly select one spell from any one of the five schools of magic for you to cast. This may be:

man, i bet rk is happy he didn't need to cast conjure flame atronach, he would have been sucking dicks all week.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
not really, i had 20 conjuration.
and i love watching her sucking dicks.

Gord

Arcane
man, i bet rk is happy he didn't need to cast conjure flame atronach, he would have been sucking dicks all week.

Lol, guess which spell I got on my attempt to enter the college with Requiem installed...

DraQ

Arcane
Lol, guess which spell I got on my attempt to enter the college with Requiem installed...
At least with Requiem they seem like a :obviously: institution instead of a handout center.

Though I guess playing live another life with Requiem is pretty much shooting yourself in the dong in terms of hardcore - ordinary intro at least sort of eases you in without risk of getting mauled by multiple frost trolls while trying to procure enough materials to craft yourself a moldy shit sandwich.

Gord

Arcane
Depends on which start you choose from. As long as it's somewhere safe (near starting area, around Whiterun, some inn, town, etc.) it's no big thing.
If you choose some of the more exotic locations, however... :troll:

Lancehead

Liturgist
I always make the default start or start near Riverwood because that ebony dagger in Helgen is useful for pretty much any build in early levels.

Depends on which start you choose from. As long as it's somewhere safe (near starting area, around Whiterun, some inn, town, etc.) it's no big thing.
If you choose some of the more exotic locations, however... :troll:

>installs Frostfall and Live Another Life

>chooses "shipwreck" as starting point

>peasant clothes in the middle of the ocean near an iceberg

K5yBtkU.png

RK47

Patron
And then u climbed up and found a redguard light armor set.

tindrli

Arcane
does anyone remember which MOD was .. i think that mr. Luzur posted once a video of some mod where werewolf was walking on the street and fucking everybody who passed by...
i badly need that video

thanx in advance

tindrli

Arcane
hmmm i could give a hand that it was you bro, nevermind, thanx anyway and maybe someone do remmember

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a mod that enabled a better spell acquisition system than "Oh, you've gone from 49 Fire Magic to 50, now I will sell you these spells.." to one where they are principally acquired from drops/rare merchants (for higher level spells) etc and stiff penalties applied to casting magics that are higher than your skill? The merchant gatekeeping based on skill level always felt like such a stiff and unnatural way to distribute spells.

DraQ

Arcane
>installs Frostfall and Live Another Life

>chooses "shipwreck" as starting point

>peasant clothes in the middle of the ocean near an iceberg

K5yBtkU.png
You forgot the most important part:

>complain on a forum that the game/mod is shit and broken.
:troll:

Is there a mod that enabled a better spell acquisition system than "Oh, you've gone from 49 Fire Magic to 50, now I will sell you these spells.." to one where they are principally acquired from drops/rare merchants (for higher level spells) etc and stiff penalties applied to casting magics that are higher than your skill? The merchant gatekeeping based on skill level always felt like such a stiff and unnatural way to distribute spells.
Requiem uses usual system, but also has spell picks on certain perk-ups.
It helps with drops too.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane

Got the atronach spell as well. But money is made easily with pickpocketing, because it levels very fast, and you need only 25 to steal gold and keys without failing. With 50 you can rob people blind while they're sleeping.

On a side note, for some reason pickpocketing arrows from guards has a low failure rate, and levels pickpocketing fast; my necromancer got caught only once, and it was only when trying to unload all the arrows back on the guard since they were too heavy to carry. Skyrim, I wish all those manly muscles weren't just for show. :/

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They seem very much butthurt over the fact i don't like requiem sucking dicks, yes. :M

RK47

Patron
Huh, game got easy after I went Necromancy.
999 sec duration Raise Dead? Sure.
Gotta love loading up those babies with all the loot and reraising it. Hah!
Portable luggage.
Spent a lot of gold on training Destruction, Restoration and Conjuration.
Mages can work out after all.

roll-a-die

Magister
Playing Requiem(Only requiem installed, nothing else other than SkyUI and Alternate Start installed as well SkyUI Because it's a requirement, and Alternate Start because my computers so awesome that the dumb ass fps locked skyrim intro bugs out on me 90% of the time.) for the first time in a while, hop in, realize it now deducts stamina slowly for moving at a sane pace, and has also lowered the walking speed.

Almost uninstalled at that point, continue playing though, go to embershard mine after assigning 2 points to one handed, and one point to light armor, it's a mine occupied by bandits right outside of Riverwood, where I had started and cheated myself an iron sword to go with my fur armor. Fighting the single door guard. Hit, blocked the second before I hit, even though the bandits back was turned. Half my stamina gone from the power attack. Manage to land a follow up, chink damage, even though she's also wearing fur armor and wielding an iron sword. She then hits me, half my health gone, proceed to block the next hit, which still takes a quarter of my health off, and hit her again for chink damage.

The fuck do you guys like this mod again? The wolves run away with you, so you can't easily farm them for skill anymore. Even then, you've got to deal with like 5-9 of them each time you fight them. I killed a wolf with an arrow, and it had 7 gold pieces, and a MAMMOTH SNOUT on it. Seriously the fuck do you guys like this mod for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom