Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Saldrone

Educated
So all the research, discussion and time this thread took around the topic of 'improving' Skyrim was effectively a waste of time?

BruceVC

Magister
So if i am looking for a single mod to make Skyrim somehow playable, is Requiem still the go to mod?
I am not looking at a bazillion mods/mod lists, just a simple one mod and maybe a couple of addons for it.
I would suggest a mod collection and not a mod list for ease of install and the testing of functionality and interoperability between mods. And the mod collection creators provide support

Try Vagabond which has over 4000 modsereating

https://github.com/Oghma-Infinium/Vagabond
900GB!

This insanity has to stop!
Interesting update after I made this post

"This modlist is no longer maintained and cannot be installed."

So there is no point using Vagabond anymore or wanting to use it

Yosharian

Arcane
So if i am looking for a single mod to make Skyrim somehow playable, is Requiem still the go to mod?
I am not looking at a bazillion mods/mod lists, just a simple one mod and maybe a couple of addons for it.
I would suggest a mod collection and not a mod list for ease of install and the testing of functionality and interoperability between mods. And the mod collection creators provide support

Try Vagabond which has over 4000 modsereating

https://github.com/Oghma-Infinium/Vagabond
900GB!

This insanity has to stop!
Interesting update after I made this post

"This modlist is no longer maintained and cannot be installed."

So there is no point using Vagabond anymore or wanting to use it
I'm guessing it was buggy as shit and the author couldn't fix it

BruceVC

Magister
VerSacrum mastroego Yosharian

I wanted to tell you guys something that I have often discussed over the last 3 years. I am about to start playing Fallout 3 again and I modded it using Vortex , I have never used MO2 as my main mod manager but last night I decided to start using MO2 so I configured MO2 and started reinstalling all my mods using MO2

And...its amazing. Its definitely the best mod manager I have ever used. I like how it uses a virtual file system and doesnt change the default files but the way it handles conflicts and allows you to troubleshoot is indisputably superior to any other mod manager

You can easily see and fix any conflicts and you can even hide specific meshes and files. Its makes the analysis of troubleshooting much more logical

Vortex works but the troubleshooting is not as easy to understand or change when things go wrong

I watched some good MO2 troubleshooting videos and I will continue to research how to do advanced things like using xEdit and the most effective way to clean mod files

But I will only do this if its necessary but I have now become an instant fan for life of MO2, Im just disappointed it took me so long to use it :-D

VerSacrum

Educated

I wanted to tell you guys something that I have often discussed over the last 3 years. I am about to start playing Fallout 3 again and I modded it using Vortex , I have never used MO2 as my main mod manager but last night I decided to start using MO2 so I configured MO2 and started reinstalling all my mods using MO2

And...its amazing. Its definitely the best mod manager I have ever used. I like how it uses a virtual file system and doesnt change the default files but the way it handles conflicts and allows you to troubleshoot is indisputably superior to any other mod manager

You can easily see and fix any conflicts and you can even hide specific meshes and files. Its makes the analysis of troubleshooting much more logical

Vortex works but the troubleshooting is not as easy to understand or change when things go wrong

I watched some good MO2 troubleshooting videos and I will continue to research how to do advanced things like using xEdit and the most effective way to clean mod files

But I will only do this if its necessary but I have now become an instant fan for life of MO2, Im just disappointed it took me so long to use it :-D
Make sure to hit the "Create Backup" function button whenever you add a new mod because MO2 once crashed on me and for some reason purged the entire modlist when I relaunched it. Rebuilding it with the right load order was a huge pain in the ass.

mastroego

Arcane

Yes, Best Deal ;)
If you haven't yet, do learn how to use DynDOLOD with it too. I skipped it at first because I'm always trying to go with the easiest way to do things, especially if it means less stuff to learn.
But I have to say it's worth the (relative) hassle.

BruceVC

Magister

Yes, Best Deal ;)
If you haven't yet, do learn how to use DynDOLOD with it too. I skipped it at first because I'm always trying to go with the easiest way to do things, especially if it means less stuff to learn.
But I have to say it's worth the (relative) hassle.
I had never even heard of it, I quickly looked it up. Its for Skyrim specifically?

I will definitely use it when I play Skyrim for the first time. These are types of tips I appreciate

mastroego

Arcane
Don't know if it's Skyrim only, now that I think about it, sorry.
Worth checking out though.
It implements the appearance of distant objects on screen smoothly and efficiently.
I was used to things appearing left and right on the background as I traveled around Skyrim, the issue was basically eradicated with this mod.

BruceVC

Magister
I loaded a mod called Malika the Gypsy which is NPC\Companion mod that can join you and or you can barter with

When I ran into her near Arefu I noticed there was a orange block around her image which is a problem with missing meshes or textures . So I exited the game and went into her mod in MO2 and reinstalled her Mod but MO2 doesnt see this type of mod as a "known mod structure " or something similar and you have to manually install by moving the data within the mod into the data folder

This is all discussed simply in a Gopher MO2 troubleshooting video and it takes 30 seconds to do within MO2 and I did that and it worked. Problem solved and gone

Another win for MO2 :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom