Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

hiver

One mod that introduces the biggest positive change in how you play and experience the game is the one removing enemies radar and undiscovered locations from your compass in the hud.

All locations you discover remain on the map and you can still quick travel or mark a location manually or trough the quest log and have it show up on the compass, but aside from that (and sides of the world) it doesnt show anything.

That completely turns exploration feel of the game on its head and makes you actually discover stuff by yourself.
And become much more careful about just running around.

very highly recommended.

sirfink

Scholar
LmUnt.jpg

Gord

Arcane
Has anyone seen the patch notes for 1.2?

Let's sum it up in a picture:

:troll:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, they claim to have fixed the flopping around dragon carcasses and the stuck projectiles which are about the only bugs I've seen.

Bruticis

Gord said:
Has anyone seen the patch notes for 1.2?

Let's sum it up in a picture:

:troll:
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
:thumbsup:

Joe Krow

Erudite
I would like a mod that removes the compass completely and makes you relie on maps.

I would like a character sheet that puts all your skills and modifiers in front of you.

I would like a compendium of creatures and items you have come across with their attributes and a brief description.

I would like a narrative quest journal with landmark based directions.

I would like crafting retooled and shops that specialize by inreasing certain item attributes while offsetting with more weight, lower durability, etc. so each is unique.

I would like emergent character classes corresponding to your skill mix and level.

I would like to see numbers for damage and health for myself and my enemies.

Kraszu

Prophet
Any way to rebind "enter" to some other key?

Also any way to get my char in the middle of the screen in 3rd person view?

abija

Prophet
E works like Enter

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-12.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=0.0000

In skyrim.ini I think.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Gord said:
There's this one for inventory (has been posted before):
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=667

Looking at the thread in the Skyrim modding forum the first complete UI overhaul is probably still a bit away, but they are working on it.
Thanks for the link. First steps on a long road to making the game PC-friendly, but already it seems like a massive improvement.

Gord

Arcane
sea said:
Thanks for the link. First steps on a long road to making the game PC-friendly, but already it seems like a massive improvement.

We should all thank Misterhamper, he posted it first on page 2 or such...

Kraszu

Prophet
abija said:
E works like Enter

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-12.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=0.0000

In skyrim.ini I think.

Thanks that works for 3rd person when in combat mode, don't have a horse yet to check there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom