Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

MCA
Multiple Sarcasm said:
By the way, how do you rotate inventory items on PC? I can zoom in with 'C', but that's it. Got another of those "puzzle" Claws and no idea what its symbols are from default viewpoint.
I feel my Skyrim experience is incomplete without it.

Are you using the TPB version? Get the update. It fixes item rotation.

Gerrard said:
This mod doesn't make it better, it just makes it different. It's still the same shit in the end.

I suggest you take a second look at the screens or STFU. The mod makes functional differences which can be gleamed from the screens.

Gerrard said:
And, no, mouse doesn't work.
Except it does? Drag with LMB.

Except it doesn't? For a lot of people, legit or otherwise?

Here's a new suggestion: How about you just STFU and stop assuming shit about other people's experiences? You aren't the only genius who could somehow manage to think that dragging with either mouse button might work. I mean, gee, what a great thinker übermensch, right?

Fixed the rotation by patching the game from 1.1 to 1.2. Was reluctant to do it and still am unhappy I had to, because of overwhelming reports of this patch fucking up the game big time. If I encounter those issues, will rage here incoherently, so that future generations learn from my mistake.

Genma:TheDestroyer said:
Wouldn't happen to have pirated, would you?
villain of the story said:
Are you using the TPB version?
Yep, I'm waiting to buy the non-beta version of the full game (with DLCs and all that jazz), for now.
I did feed a stray pup, the other day, so I consider my karma even there. :obviously:

If you didn't pirate it, have you switched off the 'Xbox Controller' box in options? That messed with basic controls for a small chunk of PC gamers.
Yep, had that disabled from the start.

Luzur

Good Sir
Bahamut said:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2213

It has begun

I guess i never understand why TES crowd is so interested in polygons fucking eachother

better you post some pics, cant see shit cuz of registation.

Nael

Arcane
Bahamut said:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2213

It has begun

I guess i never understand why TES crowd is so interested in polygons fucking eachother

I always thought this craze started with "Hot Coffee" from GTA...

Gerrard

Arcane
I suggest you take a second look at the screens or STFU. The mod makes functional differences which can be gleamed from the screens.
Not my fault you're too dumb to know that steel armor is heavy.

Call me when they make the looting/container/shop/companion interface not shit, then we can talk about improvements.

MCA
Gerrard said:
Not my fault you're too dumb to know that steel armor is heavy.

lolwut :lol: Functional as in the way it behaves, idiot.

Anyway, shitlist +1. I shouldn't even have addressed such an idiot.

Multiple Sarcasm said:
Fixed the rotation by patching the game from 1.1 to 1.2. Was reluctant to do it and still am unhappy I had to, because of overwhelming reports of this patch fucking up the game big time. If I encounter those issues, will rage here incoherently, so that future generations learn from my mistake.

Rotation was working fine on my TPB 1.1. Mind you that there were two 1.1 updates on torrents, one missing a huge chunk of files at around 6 mb and the complete one around 220 mb when extracted. If you regret 1.2, just go back to the correct 1.1. They replace the same files.

An updated version came out a day or so later that fixed things, so you may want to check.
Rotation was working fine on my TPB 1.1. Mind you that there were two 1.1 updates on torrents, one missing a huge chunk of files at around 6 mb and the complete one around 220 mb when extracted. If you regret 1.2, just go back to the correct 1.1. They replace the same files.
I thought I'd had the updated 1.1 before, but nevertheless, I now reinstalled, slapped on the latest 1.1 off TPB and hey, rotation works. I can finally bask in its majesty as the devs intended it. Thanks. :salute:

MCA
What is so wrong with 1.2 again? I updated without ever reading anything about it and not noticing anything different in the game other than a few of the bug fixes.

abnaxus said:
What is so wrong with 1.2 again? I updated without ever reading anything about it and not noticing anything different in the game other than a few of the bug fixes.
Supposedly it fucks up magic resistance. Like being able to kill a flame atronach with fire.

That, and Dragons not only deciding not to fight you, but retreating *backwards* full tilt to get away from you. Sometimes even shooting away like a missile.

Along with a whole host of new bugs.

MCA
abnaxus said:
Supposedly it fucks up magic resistance. Like being able to kill a flame atronach with fire.

That, and Dragons not only deciding not to fight you, but retreating *backwards* full tilt to get away from you. Sometimes even shooting away like a missile.

Are you sure you got that right? I "missed" more than a few dragons in 1.1 because they would keep getting farther and attacking something or somebody else somewhere else and eventually just fly away. I had to run after dragons all the time. No such problem with 1.2 now.

abnaxus said:

Are you sure you got that right? I "missed" more than a few dragons in 1.1 because they would keep getting farther and attacking something or somebody else somewhere else and eventually just fly away. I had to run after dragons all the time. No such problem with 1.2 now.

A dragon not fighting you (or even paying attention to you) is one thing, but going backwards at speeds like they were shot out of a cannon isn't normal. And like you yourself said a bit ago, just because the new patch works fine for you...

Edit: Here's one of them going back at normal speeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCjK3BD6u4

and then here's this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNZHfdCF_0

Hank-Hill-king-of-the-hill-10924090-720-480.jpg

"That Dragon just ain't right. No sir."

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
When the hell is the CS coming out. I need some animated prostitution mods.

It's like they do not even care about the fan base anymore.

MCA
Edit: Here's one of them going back at normal speeds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xCjK3BD6u4

and then here's this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNZHfdCF_0

Holy crap :lol:

Personally I'm quite happy with 1.2. It works like a charm on me. None of those bizarre bugs.

Also I'm glad that I'm playing the full demo. That's my biggest problem with Steam, taking the choice to play the version of your choice away from you. Mind you I'm not talking about not getting the auto-updates either.

I got fucked in a major way by Steam with FNV because of this. I was happy playing my game with 100 bug fix mods, smooth as a silk, then an update came out and a good deal of those fixes were rendered obsolete and the new patch produced new problems that conflicted with a lot of those fixes. Fucking Steam.

Majestic47

Learned
That's the issue when steam got a little bit too over enthusiastic about updating crap. Lord knows I removed Team Fortress from my list of installed apps for a reason. Fucking hat updates.

hiver

I was actually opening those gates by working out the combination myself all this time :lol:

Rhalle

Magister
hiver said:
Horses fixed into not being raging psychotics.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522

That's a needed one, for sure.

Ultimate horse mod, imo, would be:

Unlocked camera
No mouse driving
Backing up animations
No Fighting/Psycho horses
Quick dismount for combat
Companions can have and ride their own horse
Saddle Bags

Oblivion horses were great. Skyrim's horses are a pain, which makes me sad.

MCA
He exaggerating. Horse riding is better in Skyrim. It's just that, it's not a particularly good experience and I agree with all those things that the game needs.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Horse riding in Skyrim is horrible. The camera's pulled way back, the controls are terrible, there's no free mouselook, dismounting takes too long and the horses look stupid. There's literally no reason to own a horse in this game other than that manual travelling is slightly faster than on foot.

I made the mistake of buying a horse in Whiterun for 5000 gold and instantly hated it. I much prefer hiking (although riding a horse in Oblivion was pretty fun). I tried to park the damned thing back in the stable but it always magically popped up wherever I fast traveled, so I rode it out into a pasture, opened up the console, and "kill"-ed it. Thing dropped like a stone and I had a hearty lol.

Face it, they really blew it with the horses this time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom