Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Inferno: Beyond the 7th Circle hardcores a Release

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Saint_Proverbius, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Tags: 68k Studios; Inferno: Beyond the 7th Circle

Inferno: Beyond the 7th Circle is now out on GOG and Steam for those of you looking for a new blobber to blob around in. It features the traditional grid based movement, turn based combat, and many of the other things you might expect from an old school blobber. It's currently on sale on both platforms for the same price, so it's down to personal choice there. Here's some media:

Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle is an old-school Dungeon Crawler with survival elements. It's made for hardcore gamers and fans of 80s and 90s cRPG.

It's the spiritual successor of The 7th Circle. Unlike its predecessor, Inferno - Beyond The 7th Circle has a more "classic" approach to the Dungeon Crawler genre: you can now save and load the game when you want and if you die you can just reload your last saved game. Also, there are plenty of new contents: more items, more skills, more spells, more tasks, quests and lot of resources to find.​

Alright! A game that shows its character system off. Bring on that trend!

• Brofist x 12
    • incline x 7
    • Bad Spelling x 4
    • nice x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kruno Arcane Shitposter

Kruno
    It looks interesting. Reviews?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Their last game (to which this is presumably a sequel to) is 81% recommended on Steam out of 37 reviews. Make of that what you will.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. gabel Learned

gabel
    Great art style (except ui elements) and atmosphere, as far as one can tell from that short trailer.

^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    demo was fine

^ Top  
  6. Morpheus Kitami Learned

Morpheus Kitami
    This actually looks pretty cool, like a decent attempt at trying something new with blobbers.

^ Top  
  7. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Anyone played the first one? The description of the 2nd one says 'you can now save anywhere', which suggests some restrictions...

^ Top  
  9. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath

Looks interesting enough and a little confusing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    You can save anywhere!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Shackleton Arcane Patron

Shackleton
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I bought and played the first one for 8 hours but really can't remember too much about it apart from all the bloody loading screens before and after every fight. I recall thinking it made a decent first impression but then got very samey and dull after a few hours and I stopped enjoying it.

Seems to have a decent amount of positive reviews on Steam but I'd just give it a 'meh' rating.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    The game is great if you are into grimdark. There's a demo on Steam so you can try before you buy.

The flashing screen during critical hits or when defeating an enemy in adrenaline mode are pretty hard on my eyes, I'll see if I can get word to the dev to dial it down a little.

^ Top  
  13. Nifft Batuff Arbiter

Nifft Batuff
    Old western blobbers already managed to do that, but I concede that in these days it is a great technical achievement.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Rincewind Learned

Rincewind
    Sadly, I find the "grimdarkness" and the horror setting quite offputting. It seems quite a big step down from the excellent visuals of Grimrock. It's a pity because I really "want" to like it, as judging by the name of their studio (68k Studios) and their logo, the devs appear to be oldschool Amiga refugees... but I just can't get excited about this. According to that video review, it's quite "meh".

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Fluent Learned Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    hi Rince. Just some friendly advice here (take it or leave it :)), if u really want to like it, just look past the horror aspect and focus on the good stuff. It seems like a very deep, rich and rewarding old-school style crawler. Ignore the graphics as much as possible and just focus on the systems, the exploration, the things to see and do. That will help u enjoy it if u really want to. Take care, friend. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Rincewind Learned

Rincewind
    Cheers, might consider it then when I run out of blobbers to play.

^ Top  
  17. Darkozric Learned

Darkozric

The horror setting is the only element that holds this game and making it quite unique... I don't get why is "offputting" by your logic.
    As for the graphics, this is like saying Grimoire is a bad game because is a big step down from the excellent visuals of Grimrock. We don't play blobbers here for the "excellent" graphics.
    Are you some kind of retarded RPGwatch refugee?

• butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Fluent Learned Patron The Real Fanboy

Fluent
    sounds good! :) As for me, I was sorta in the same position. I'm not a big horror or horrordark fan really, but the game just had tons of features that I really dig so I bought it day one. All the RPG stuff I'm there for, the horror, ehh, not so much. But it looks good enough in the systems department to look past that. Hope when u do play it u enjoy!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Rincewind Learned

Rincewind
    Nothing to do with logic. I just don't like horror games, simple as that.

Nope, Grimoire I find charming, I love the visuals. But that's a totally different league (for me), not everthing is gray/blue & red in Grimoire.

Nope.

It's a taste thing, if grimdark horror games are your thing, maybe you'll have a great time. I just said it doesn't have much of an appeal for me. But as Fluent pointed out, might give it a go sometime and try to look past what I don't like.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Darkozric Learned

Darkozric
    No you didn't say it doesn't have much appeal for you. You've said "It seems quite a big step down from the excellent visuals of Grimrock". You are a graphic whore.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. KeighnMcDeath RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath
    I want full blobber like the dungeon master style but in line vector art (i guess that's what it called).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    oh yeah baby. But party-based. Squeak squeak motha-fucka!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    No party? Shame.

^ Top  
  23. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    I, for one, am tired of party-based blobbers where I have to read a 10 page guide otherwise you char-gen your cleric 'wrong' and get gimped in mid-game

• decline x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Horrible. We're literally drowning in these. WHEN SHALL IT STAHP?!

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.