Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Inquisition Quest: Mysteries of Brocante

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
-Write-in...
Baud, how feasible would it be for Electryos to hack their Security system and give us access to any layouts, camera feeds, or in the event this place is packing, defense turrets? Also does he have any servo sculls that could do reconnaissance?

You can't hack remotely, but you'll be able to try once you've entered the building. And Electryos doesn't have a servo-skull
Try to ask questions, to see the manager
This strikes me as the "Karen" option... and we don't have the haircut to pull that off.
It's more of trying to go to the bottom of thing peacefully, maybe arresting those responsible. Though then you'll have to decide what to do with the prisoners.

I also added an infiltration option to the approach choice:

-Infiltrate, trying to reach the control room of the plant

ChumBucket

Augur
You can't hack remotely, but you'll be able to try once you've entered the building. And Electryos doesn't have a servo-skull
I figured, doesn't hurt to ask. :)
I was also joking about the Karen comment.:troll:
Well with your answers my choices are:
-The Inquisition (keep in mind you don't have a rosette or anything to prove you are actually a member)
-search for a side entrance/back door

Kz3r0

Arcane
-The Inquisition (keep in mind you don't have a rosette or anything to prove you are actually a member)

Baltika9

Arcane
How do you approach the warehouse?
- Guns blazing - Shoot first and ask question later (or search the bodies)

If you have to invoke an authority, which one are you going to use?
- Will of the Emperor

Enter:
- Search for a side entrance/back door
I love this. Instead of appealing to our (already suspect) personalities as H&M Inspectors, or giving away the Inquisition's presence on the planet, we can pretend that this is an attack by a third party. Namely, religious zealots.

Voting:
Guns Blazing
Will of the Emperor
Search for a side entrance/back door

ChumBucket

Augur
I would say that if going for a zealot approach, that attacking the front door makes more sense, as they are not known for subtlety or planning.

Baltika9

Arcane
I would say that if going for a zealot approach, that attacking the front door makes more sense, as they are not known for subtlety or planning.
Not necessarily. Considering our numbers, we will have better odds of success if we sneak through the back. This is entirely consistent with what a small terror cell would do. The challenge will come from having to act the part. Considering the fact that we were raised in a Schola Progenium, I think we can manage that.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
ChumBucket, do you try to hack anything while you infiltrate (since you asked about it)? I also added the hacking as an explicit choice, when infiltrating.

ChumBucket

Augur
ChumBucket, do you try to hack anything while you infiltrate (since you asked about it)? I also added the hacking as an explicit choice, when infiltrating.
Most definitely, anyone here is going to be ignorant of what is going on, or outright lying. I don't expect reliable information from anyone we encounter.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
- Infiltrate. We're in no position for a possible protracted gunfight. We've got to try to minimize our exposure.
- Health & Mores. The way I see it our cover might not be completely blown yet. I'm sure an all-points or equivalent is in the works but it may not have saturated all city services yet. And since we killed Balam they won't know (yet) what we were after or what our likely objectives are. There's a chance we can pass this off as a surprise plant inspection or some such.
- Side door. Will support a surprise inspection story.

Endemic

Arcane

This. Also hack systems if possible.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
- Health & Mores. The way I see it our cover might not be completely blown yet. I'm sure an all-points or equivalent is in the works but it may not have saturated all city services yet. And since we killed Balam they won't know (yet) what we were after or what our likely objectives are. There's a chance we can pass this off as a surprise plant inspection or some such.
yes, until someone investigating later connects two seemingly unrelated incidents involving unidentifiable H&M dudes

using a different cover here means the incidents are less likely to be connected, don't you think?

Baltika9

Arcane
yes, until someone investigating later connects two seemingly unrelated incidents involving unidentifiable H&M dudes

using a different cover here means the incidents are less likely to be connected, don't you think?
What he said. I will add this: we should probably get in touch with our department and get them caught up with what we found out and where we're going, in case we don't make it out of here alive.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

In a vacuum yes, I agree. But remember: we're not trying to create a deep infiltration network here. We're not even trying to last out the week on our own. We need information that we can transmit to our Inquisitor, fast. Then we need to think about extraction. In this case short-term results are truly paramount. The fallout means dick to us, we'll be either long gone or bringing in the Arbites by the time it could have serious negative repercussions.

As an aside if we were worried about potential fallout and long-term effects, we made some stupendously bad choices already :D.

Gondolin

Arcane
In a vacuum yes, I agree. But remember: we're not trying to create a deep infiltration network here. We're not even trying to last out the week on our own. We need information that we can transmit to our Inquisitor, fast. Then we need to think about extraction. In this case short-term results are truly paramount. The fallout means dick to us, we'll be either long gone or bringing in the Arbites by the time it could have serious negative repercussions.

As an aside if we were worried about potential fallout and long-term effects, we made some stupendously bad choices already :D.

Pretty much this. The H&M disguise is good for one more round. Some kind of APB will be issued soon and we might as well get the most out of our current identity.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
- Infiltrate, trying to reach the control room of the plant
- The Board of Health & Mores (keep in mind that it's not a police force)
- Side door.

-If infiltrating, do you ask Electryos to attempt to hack the security system?
--Yes

I figured whoever Basam was working for will know someone from H&M blam'd him pretty soon. An attack on the relevant facility by a different identity won't fool them. I suppose it depends on who they are, and if we are more concerned about them or the proper authorities.

baud

Arcane
Patron

What he said. I will add this: we should probably get in touch with our department and get them caught up with what we found out and where we're going, in case we don't make it out of here alive.

Just to be clear, the H&M department is just a cover to enter the Wahun area and move around asking questions. The department has no idea of your existence and will answer they don't have any agents in Wahun at the moment.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
To sum up the votes:

- Will of the Emperor

CappenVarra, Baltika9

Kz3r0, Kalarion

--Hack systems: Yes

ChumBucket, Endemic, Nevill

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

ChumBucket, Endemic, Nevill
- The Board of Health & Mores (keep in mind that it's not a police force)

Baltika9

Arcane
Just to be clear, the H&M department is just a cover to enter the Wahun area and move around asking questions. The department has no idea of your existence and will answer they don't have any agents in Wuhan at the moment.
In that case, flopping to:
- Infiltrate
- Hack systems: yes
- Report to headquarters: yes
- H&M Fashion
- search for a side entrance

baud

Arcane
Patron
Sorry Nevill and Kalarion, I went too fast went counting the votes :cry:.

So it should look like this:
- Will of the Emperor

CappenVarra

Kz3r0

Endemic, ChumBucket

- Infiltrate. We're in no position for a possible protracted gunfight. We've got to try to minimize our exposure.
- Health & Mores.

Kalarion

- Health & Mores.

Nevill, Baltika9

Note: if the hacking choice is not explicit, I'm counting as if the No option was chosen.

ChumBucket

Augur
Lots of DISCUSS going on here.
After reading it all, I am going to change my choice on the second option to Health & Mores as well.

baud

Arcane
Patron
So with the last change, the vote should look like this:

- Will of the Emperor

CappenVarra

Kz3r0

Endemic

- Health & Mores.

Kalarion

- Health & Mores.

Nevill, Baltika9, ChumBucket

I'll lock the vote tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom