Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh boy. I can see how this will go.

It start with "We have gathered these industry legends..."

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I guess Elric has some stuff in common with Geralt, especially the heavy drug use.

Ed: Er, well, before he gets Stormbringer anyway.

Moorcock has publicly accused Sapkowski of wholesale ripping him off. He has a point; it’s not perfect, but the “White Wolf” thing alone is certainly enough to raise eyebrows.
Unfortunately for Sapkowski, Moorcock is a far, far superior writer/storyteller; if you’re going to rip off a relatively famous person you need to make sure your work is superior to theirs.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Moorcock has publicly accused Sapkowski of wholesale ripping him off. He has a point; it’s not perfect, but the “White Wolf” thing alone is certainly enough to raise eyebrows.
Unfortunately for Sapkowski, Moorcock is a far, far superior writer/storyteller; if you’re going to rip off a relatively famous person you need to make sure your work is superior to theirs.

It's a good thing Moorcock finally has someone to blame for his prose failing to receive any mainstream recognition.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://inxile.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=48

Social Media Manager
Community Dept. · New Orleans, Louisiana

inXile entertainment is an Xbox Game Studio led by Brian Fargo. We specialize in deep, reactive, and narrative-focused RPGs, but also love exploring other genres. Our studio is filled with passionate developers who love making games, and playing them.

inXile entertainment is looking for a passionate Social Media Manager to join our Southern California Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Social Media Manager will create and engage around all inXile titles through social channels and our official blog.

Responsibilities:
  • Creation of social content—written and visual—to entertain, engage, and inform.
  • Management of all social channels including Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
  • Ensure a flourishing and growing community on our social channels and website through daily promotion and engagement.
  • Create and execute engaging social campaigns with clear goals and post-campaign reporting.
  • Build relationships and forge ongoing brand support with fans and content creators.
  • Update and manage internal calendar to track ongoing communications efforts.
  • Write engaging blog and web articles for use on owned and partner channels.
  • Generate weekly and quarterly social performance and listening reports for development and leadership.
  • Increase our social reach through paid promotions.
  • Support internal communications efforts and guide engagement tone/process for employees as they interact on social.
  • Occasional travel required to support products and communications objectives at in-person events.
Qualifications:
  • 3+ years professional social content creation and account management for known brands.
  • Deep love for gaming and RPGs of all types.
  • History of successful campaigns, social engagement, and touch-points that served, improved, and lifted up prior brand.
  • Ability to capture, create, and edit social assets including screenshots, gifs, video, and more.
  • Expert knowledge of social platforms, and the latest features and consumer trends.
  • Nimble net Neuromancer—aware of latest rumors, news, and trends from around the World Wide Web to help inform our social efforts.
  • Adaptable to a wide range of rapidly changing tasks and requests.
  • Expertise in all Microsoft Office products.
  • A commitment to quality and excellence in every post, product, and asset that passes by you.
Desired:
  • Knowledge of Zendesk ticketing and support knowledgebase tools.
  • Experience with streaming (Twitch, YouTube, etc.) including video and audio hardware.
  • Knowledge and experience with Xbox and Xbox Game Pass platforms and products.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I imagine a lot of "mainstream" companies wouldn't want to hire from the Codex unless the applicant could hide their identity and postings.

It wouldn't even matter if you hadn't done any "offensive" posts, just being part of the Codex seems like it would screw you in today's sensitive industry?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Anyone that is on the know, Sapkowsky stolen the whole storylines from Moorcock or it was just white hair dude on drugs that fucks tons of women? Because if it is later, Ford should be sued by anyone having the idea of placing a box over four wheels and calling it a car.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I imagine a lot of "mainstream" companies wouldn't want to hire from the Codex unless the applicant could hide their identity and postings.

It wouldn't even matter if you hadn't done any "offensive" posts, just being part of the Codex seems like it would screw you in today's sensitive industry?

Eh, Zyklon Beekers did just fine at this very company. Fargo was just befuddled by it all.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Eh, Zyklon Beekers did just fine at this very company. Fargo was just befuddled by it all.

I assume Zyklon was Codex? (Sorry, don't know Beekers or history.) Is he still part of the Codex or did he have to cut ties to work there?

I just always got the impression Codex and Fargo didn't get along based on some past interviews (the one where he flew the Codex out to make peace, which seems to have failed).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I assume Zyklon was Codex? (Sorry, don't know Beekers or history.) Is he still part of the Codex or did he have to cut ties to work there?

He had an account here, but his main hangout where he said all the edgy stuff was NMA. He left because inXile's developers (not Fargo) became hostile to the Codex. Fargo likes/liked us, it's the devs who don't.

DeepOcean

Arcane
You are really on danger if a) you are a well known guy so there is profit to be made by destroying you or b)You fuck mentally unstable chicks, I think Zyklon Beekers is safe for now. He is only fucked if he hangs around too much with gaming journos and get to be well known by them then "Microsoft hires alt right fascist." hit piece with Fargo firing his ass is just a question of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom