Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

inXile General Discussion Thread

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe the player is the dog.

Yeah, no, but I thought it would be an interesting concept, if the playercharacter was an invisible entity of some sort that would need to ”take over” and control living beings as temporary vessels/vehicles in order to survive and to be able to interact with the world.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Maybe the player is the dog.

Yeah, no, but I thought it would be an interesting concept, if the playercharacter was an invisible entity of some sort that would need to ”take over” and control living beings as temporary vessels/vehicles in order to survive and to be able to interact with the world.

Geist and Space Station Silicon Valley/Evo's Space Adventures are games built around that. Though, in the latter you're actually a microchip that "possesses" robotic animals.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Wasn't this done in Dishonored?

(Wasn't this done on Rise of the Triad, for that matter?)

___

Couldn't this simply be motion-cap for the canines of the game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/the-bard-s-tale-warlocks-of-largefearn-now-available

The Bard's Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn Now Available

The Bard's Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn Audio RPG from Wanderword is now available! You can play this voice-controlled roleplaying game on Amazon Alexa (US, UK, and Canada) by saying "Alexa, open The Bard's Tale," or Google Assistant by saying "Hey Google, talk to The Bard's Tale."

Developed by Polar Night Studio, you can unlock the mysteries of Largefearn in a first-of-its-kind voice-controlled turn-based combat system (that's a lot of hyphens!) in a classic RPG experience. With 4 playable classes, each with their own subclasses and specialties; several companions; and a myriad of puzzles, dungeons, and quests to challenge even the most battle-hardened RPG fan; this is the fully audio-scaped adventure of a lifetime.

Check out The Bard’s Tale: Warlocks of Largefearn page on Poptale's site for more info, or start talking at one of the small boxes/cylinders in your home to start playing right this second!

Features:
  • Four unique classes: Bard, Fighter, Rogue and Practitioner
    Unlock and select one of two advanced subclasses to further customize your character
  • Recruit and customize companions and travel together through Largefearn
  • Turn-based combat system that rewards strategic thinking
  • Large degrees of player freedom, due to contextual interaction
  • Beautiful hand drawn art for display devices
  • Voice-controlled player action, which gives the user a heads up and hands-free experience

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dogs are always popular companions in Fallout games, and Worthless Mutt was great for the people who metagamed getting him in Arcanum, so of course Not-Arcanum 3 is likely to have a dog companion.

Brian is finally starting to look his age.

He is 59 with full head of hair and barely few grays, that's some Tom Cruise level shit.
I would say he looks to me like he’s in his early 50s. But 10 years ago he looked like he was in his mid 30s, so it’s definitely starting to catch up with him a little.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't seen this mentioned here yet, but this Project Cobalt by InXile might just be our Arcanum 2:
https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-studios-cobalt-indus
Project "Cobalt" (inXile Entertainment)
Source: Aleksander Danilovac / ArtStation

aleksandar-danilovac-aleksandar-danilovac-shotstill-01.jpg

As teased by inXile Entertainment itself on Twitter, the Wasteland studio is working on a new FPS RPG, although details remain shrouded in mystery.

What we do know is that it's codenamed Cobalt, and believe it has a Steampunk-style, inspired by Industrial Revolution-inspired tech. Expect steam engines, zeppelins, retro-futuristic robots, dark Victorian-era streets, and more. The above concept art was shared by inXile concept artist Aleksander Danilovac on ArtStation, and we have reason to believe this is representative of the environmental style inXile is gunning to deliver. Venture Beat editor, Jeff Grubb, previously stated that inXile's next game could be targeting a 2023 release.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They probably would, but it's extremely unlikey that Bethesda would have any reason to get along with inXile even if they now have the same parent company.

Quillon

Arcane
Isn't the game he's hinting at at the end Chad Moore's new IP that started before Bethesda joined MS?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone has goaded Moore into answering questions.

https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/status/1502096935980724226

Chad Moore said:
If you could have used your current knowledge to make Arcanum back then, what would you change?
Most of my work at the time was focused on narrative and quest design - and to be honest, I don't have a lot of regrets on those fronts. I really loved that world and its characters. I'd probably just add some more Franklin Payne content. One of my favs. :)

Codex Year of the Donut
Avellone has goaded Moore into answering questions.

https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/status/1502096935980724226

Chad Moore said:
If you could have used your current knowledge to make Arcanum back then, what would you change?
Most of my work at the time was focused on narrative and quest design - and to be honest, I don't have a lot of regrets on those fronts. I really loved that world and its characters. I'd probably just add some more Franklin Payne content. One of my favs. :)
can someone ask if he knows how to contact Edward R. G. Mortimer pls?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom