Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ion Fury (formerly Ion Maiden) - Build Engine powered FPS by Duke Nukem 3D mappers - now with Aftershock DLC

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
It's a good feature to have when developing to take store front screenshots, but I can't imagine a Photo Mode being a feature used much by a boomer shooter crowd honestly.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The favourite feature of the female dev is Photo Mode.

Isn't she just the community manager? Such people rarely have any control over development.
I didn't put any meaing into it when I wrote "dev". They call her "writer" in the tweet however she calls herself a community hype machine when she introduces herself.

Writer at a gaming magazine and "voidpoint's hypesquad" so presumably just a PR zombie.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sound like the readers of Reload Magazine must get some excellent coverage on video games.

I did back the physical version of the first issue (the magazine is basically funded and made by FPS fans and has like an issue per year or something like that) and it had a ton of reviews, previews, etc (including a few things i didn't knew about). The only problem was that the printing quality was low, though they mentioned they'll improve it for issue #2 (i backed that too back it most likely will take months before it arrives).

geno

Savant
A glimpse to the arrange mode:

They are doing their 3D Realms direct thing next saturday and probably they'll announce a final release date at the event. I know I said the same thing last year but they can't delay it forever, right?

Black Plague

Arbiter
It's out but ESGoG still doesn't have it. Not that I'd like to give anything to them but 3DRealms seems to only sell used t-shirts nowadays.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
High class utilities.
TUYC5DM.gif

Maps so far are great. Lots of secrets, and the soundtrack is pretty good too.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
So far, it's more of the same, but in a good way. The maps are large and filled with places to explore; combat is mostly the same, visuals are neat although sometimes busy (making enemy identification hard). It is good to see that the addon does not shy away from throwing tough foes at you right from the beginning. You soon start to face most of the mid- game enemies, often in combination. Level interactability and demolition is as good as Build games tend to be.

geno

Savant
I've played the first 3 levels and I won't say it is Ion Fury on steroids but certainly an uninhibited version of it. The base game has the problem of showing new enemies too slowly, making the enemy ecounter design less interesting. Aftershock throws all of them and alternative versions of previous ones with some new tricks. It is also quite generous with the special items (which are borderline silly: I don't want to spoil it but one in particular is awesome), they really want you to use them and don't save them just in case you need these later. It also push you to rotate weapons because ammo is limited and you can't approach it like you did in the previous game.
These are welcome changes and additions. The dev told that they assumed that the player already knows the game and it shows. A newcomer could feel overwhelmed. But if you know the game, you probably will draw a grin in your face.

Israfael

Arcane
Played through first two levels, it's decent at the very least. Also, the music is banging, Roz is top notch as usual

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i like how they kept the nickname, but gave it a completely new meaning. previously she was bombshell because she was a female duke. an attractive, blonde, blue eyed woman with a gun. now she is bombshell because she stepped on a mine and had reconstructive surgery. they should have kept the design from the other game noone remembers, at lest it was funny how tryhard punk it was.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"Reviewers" looking for excuses when analyzing expansion that give more of the same.
Hate that crap.
There's a crap and there are flies orbiting around to strike again and again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom