Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is AI the future of Indie RPGs?

MarathonGuy1337

Educated
This is an apt comparison, since games are now propaganda.

Unfortunately that is the case, art is by nature political the problem in modern art is that the political agenda is pushed by global corporations, financial special interest groups and national or international bodies which subverts the sprite of self that we see in older art and media texts.

Examples like; Silent Running
Silent-Running-forest.jpg

Which has a overtly green message

Soylant Green
film__4145-soylent-green--hi_res-63d3430c.jpg

Which is about class warfare; basically the struggle between the haves and have nots

Or Planet of the Apes
Planet-of-the-Apes-Featured.jpg

Which is basically a metaphor for discrimination, prejudice and racism

Are all topics dominate in modern films, yet their is a distinct different between these three films and modern films that use the same political message or commentary on society. Basically the lose of individual commentary replaced by commentary by committee or by corporate producers that don't have talent in terms of creativity. It could also be the fact that these films where the work of the then counterculture but since then these types of political messages have become the dominate culture and thus naturally audience are in search of the new counterculture and theirs an irony that I'm saying that for true creative freedom to return to the artist we have to use artificial intelligence to stimulate the masses into their own creative awakening.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Which is about class warfare; basically the struggle between the haves and have nots
And overpopulation. It was a not-so-subtle threat that if you don't wear condoms and have abortions, they're going to grind up your dead relatives and feed them to you.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
First they came for the furry smut artists and I said "Lol, lmao even."
Surely not even AI would even dare to try to make AI furry smut; it would go insane and self destruct even contemplating such an abomination.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

Falksi

Arcane
I think if it can act as a type of "bodyguard", then it can be your long lost pal. You can call it "better", but Betty when you call me, you can call me Al

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
And overpopulation. It was a not-so-subtle threat that if you don't wear condoms and have abortions, they're going to grind up your dead relatives and feed them to you.
Ironic that know we face a depopulation crisis
OC_Population-Decline_July21.jpg

Funny how the world works

There is always trouble with breeding those kept in captivity.

MerchantKing

Learned

MarathonGuy1337

Educated

Don't worry goy. Immigration will save you.
Wasn't this threat about AI so I guess its the artificial intelligence imagination that will save me, or us.

MarathonGuy1337

Educated

There is always trouble with breeding those kept in captivity.
Are like Shougo Makishima

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I try to use AI not for the future of games, but for updating the past. Like this updated artwork I'm working on for Champions of Krynn...

Screenshot%202023-12-14%20121931.png

I'm hoping some genius out there can use their skills to inject images like this in place of the pixelated EGA artwork so that we can get more people interested in these classics.

A guy can dream, I guess.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I played with an AI called AudioBox or something, where you just say what you want and it makes it in audio. You can ask for a sound effect or to speak the words and you can say what style etc. So, "lazer beam sound effect" and it creates a PEW PEW! Or you give it a sentence and get it to say this in an old woman voice, or whatever. Or a pixie. It did a pretty good job...

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
I'm sick of AI art. It looks plastic and can't draw basic geometric shapes worth shit. This shit is doing nothing more than clogging google image search and making it impossible to find anything made by humans.

Why are we making AIs to crap out melted cheese "art" by the truckload when we could be making it easier for people to connect with and afford working with actual creators? To learn art skills? To build a utopia where people can devote all their efforts to learning and creating art rather than wasting their lives on unpleasant drudgery because they weren't lucky enough to build or be born into sufficient wealth to last the rest of their lives?

All we're doing here is letting greedy techbros enslave us. But I guess the joke's ultimately on them: they still haven't replaced menial labor with robots, nor have they replaced consumers with robots, so the population decline will cut into their profits.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Some guy made a simple adventure game using all AI-generated assets:

It's about as ugly and unergonomic as you would expect. The basic geometry is atrocious and even what are supposed to be hideous amalgamations of flesh look mediocre somehow. The writing is probably the only thing that wasn't written by AI, but boy it sounds like it was written by an AI because the setting it sets up sounds completely nonsensical. To whit: the Church of Flesh uses meat as the basis for their architecture and infrastructure... but its adherents are vegans. Let that sink in for a moment. If the worldbuilding is intentionally stupid and meant to be a commentary on human stupidity, then kudos to the creator. But somehow I doubt that's the case.

lightbane

Arcane
To whit: the Church of Flesh uses meat as the basis for their architecture and infrastructure... but its adherents are vegans
Sounds like the writer is woke and couldn't stop himself from preaching, even when it doesn't make sense (especially when it doesn't).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I try to use AI not for the future of games, but for updating the past. Like this updated artwork I'm working on for Champions of Krynn...

Screenshot%202023-12-14%20121931.png

I'm hoping some genius out there can use their skills to inject images like this in place of the pixelated EGA artwork so that we can get more people interested in these classics.

A guy can dream, I guess.
AI did that? Did you animate them and put them in FRUA or ICEBLINK engine or similar?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I’m also getting weary and believe many KS projects are using AI art and it fooled me. I’m talking mostly pnp art though and not gaming art on console/computer. I’m sure that is happening as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom