Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline It has begun. Or has it?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Goral hasn't realized yet that DU and Chad Thundercock traded places. :M

Additionally

4.3. Shit-posting: From time to time, we get users who, upon review of their posts, it is discovered that they have not really added anything of value to the Codex. Their posts are typically only ever in GD and their few forays into the other forums provide little insight or opinion. It's not surprising to find these users often spend all their time complaining about other users - in many cases following them from thread to thread, rather than debating or discussing actual issues. We define these people as shit-posters and we define their posts as shit-posting.

These users eventually make the mistake of pissing off one of the Moderators with their Shitposting, which leads to said Moderator advising the Administrators, which usually leads to a ban and nuking of all their posts. As a simple rule, if you've gained this much attention and we make a judgement that the Codex would not lose anything by banning you, we will probably ban you. You should note that there are some Moderators who are more than happy to bring these users to the attention of the Administrators on a regular basis and not banning half the forum is an ongoing struggle.

5. This is Our House

I'm a big believer in free speech, even if that means I disagree with 92% of what gets posted on the Codex. While I might disagree with you, I believe you have a right to say it. Even if some people find it out-right offensive. I believe the best way to deal with an issue is through debate. And it's that principle the Codex was founded upon. Don't agree with something someone said? Well, say something about it. Convince them that what they said was wrong / inappropriate / stupid / whatever.

At the end of the day though, if you feel a punishment you've received is not appropriate - that you really did nothing wrong; or that we've failed to act appropriately in dealing with something, please keep this in mind: This is our house, not yours. You are here because The Management™ let you be here. You are allowed to post your crap because The Management™ has a high tolerance for crap. And The Management™ is not easily offended.

But everything has limits. For the most part, you should expect the moderators to follow and enforce these rules but while I will happily argue with you about it until page 57 and beyond, if you are having trouble grasping who's in control here - or you think you have some legal right of appeal; that you can "rule-nazi" your way out of a hole - think again.

The best way to think of the Codex is like a pub. You're free to come in, buy a drink and chat about whatever you like with the other people you find here. As much as possible, we're not going to decide what is or isn't an inappropriate topic to talk about; or an inappropriate subject to joke about - and some of the stuff posted on the Codex is down-right offensive in that regard. But you're not allowed to trash the place, or get into a physical brawl with the other customers. Words are fine. You have rights, but your rights don't over-rule someone elses rights.

And as owners of the pub, we reserve the right to throw your ass out at any time, for whatever reason.

So while that freedom of speech has been tested over the years, as long as you keep a modicum of respect for each other, and keep that shit in the appropriate forum or thread, you generally won't have any trouble from The Management™.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Eyestabber Viata Fowyr

Last thing I'll say here is that 'freedom of speech' is designed to protect people who do things such as speak out about the government. It's not designed to protect hate/racial prejudice/edgelords. Being edgy or "anti-sjw" or regurgitating whatever your favorite alt-right youtuber says doesn't make you creative.

What's probably most relevant to you is that even if you aren't deeply racist or sexist etc but you just say these things to trigger the libs, overwhelming evidence has proven that thinking, writing, even reading these things will poison your mind and snowball into real prejudice over time.

As an aside I'm totally bewildered to see certain game devs associating themselves with this website by posting here in light of this sort of behavior.

PorkBarrellGuy

Eyestabber Viata Fowyr Yikes...

Last thing I'll say here is that 'freedom of speech' is designed to protect people who do things such as speak out about the government. It's not designed to protect hate/racial prejudice/edgelords. Being edgy or "anti-sjw" or regurgitating whatever your favorite alt-right youtuber says doesn't make you creative.

What's probably most relevant to you is that even if you aren't deeply racist or sexist etc but you just say these things to trigger the libs, there's demonstrable evidence that's proven that thinking, writing, even reading these things will poison your mind and snowball into real prejudice over time.

As an aside I'm totally bewildered to see certain game devs associating themselves with this website by posting here in light of this sort of behavior.

I'm sure it's not the last thing you'll say, you never shut up until you're already well past the point of needing to

Bohr

Arcane
Last thing I'll say here is that 'freedom of speech' is designed to protect people who do things such as speak out about the government. It's not designed to protect hate/racial prejudice/edgelords.

So you're saying that 'freedom of speech' was a product of.... 'intelligent design'? :shittydog:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Roguey
Yeah, I'e had my suspicion when I saw that Infinitron had brofisted DarkUnderlord's comment but this topic is still worth discussing and there is a slight chance that DarkUnderlord (read: Chad J. Thundercock ) will make the sensible decision and demote Tron (who am I kididng, there is no chance).

Regarding #4.3, I don't see how SlumLord has broken that rule but to rule #5 there is no defence, it's an open door to any ban of any user whenever they have such whim.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
sweatyballs.jpg

Don't be retarded. This forum is dead without Infinitron

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Don't be retarded. This forum is dead without Infinitron
Front page? Maybe. Forums? Not even close. More often than not news he posts appear on the forums first (but just bare link or a quote, without editorial). Also, he can be a newsposter without being an admin (or moderator). Clearly the power has gotten into his head.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Goral hasn't realized yet that DU and Chad Thundercock traded places.
It just occurred to me, just yesterday (or 2 days ago) the tagline said "Chad likes cocks" or something like that and a moment later DU traded places with him. How should we interpret it?

Saduj

Arcane
Reading through the thread that got him banned, Slumlord just seemed like a poor man's Hiver. No intelligence or je ne sais quoi charisma behind forced, try hard vitriol. Bring back the real deal and waste no more time thinking about a flushed turd.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
BUT WHO WILL WRITE FRONT PAGE ARTICLES ABOUT DEADFIRE DLC NOW?!?!?!?!!?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom