Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale It's snow outside, i guess it's time for..

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
IWD1 - "A thug abuses and beats up a drow hoe and she likes it" quest. The "I can change him" option is the good ending with the biggest XP reward.
IWD2 - "The only solution to subhumans and mixed blood mongrels is a hybrid holocaust" storyline.

What did Josh "genocide" Sawyer mean by this?!

Turn_BASED

Educated
IWD1 - "A thug abuses and beats up a drow hoe and she likes it" quest. The "I can change him" option is the good ending with the biggest XP reward.
IWD2 - "The only solution to subhumans and mixed blood mongrels is a hybrid holocaust" storyline.

What did Josh "genocide" Sawyer mean by this?!
Stinking cloud the gnomes race war now.

Kruyurk

Learned
The yetis in the Vale of Shadows were giving me jumpscares every time when I was a kid because the combat music in this area starts very suddenly. But then you collect enough of their pubes and you can get yourself some yeti costume crafted to stay warm for the rest of the game.

FriendlyMerchant

Speaking of snow, would you goyim like to buy some Isreali snow? It's been freshly plucked from Mount Hermon.

Still a better lovestory than Wild Hunt even without a Next-Gen™ update.

Ironically, Icewind Dale released at the end of June 2000, and was as a refreshing way to pass the summer.

Jup, those were my last couple weeks of German community services (as a paramedic). Still remember having night shift, going to bed and reading the manual in bed. Despite the same content, the German one was tiny though compared to the original in format -- and font size. No cloth map either, just print. :(

After that I was stuffed with IE games though. Bought and played BG, PS:T and IWD when they were released. Didn't play BG2 (and IWD2) until 2005ish -- delightfully I'd actually still found my February/March 1999 floppy disk where I had exported my thief main character to at the end of BG1. No might, all magic!

Last edited:
Replayed it many times, yet I always burn out somewhere in Dorn's Deep.
Yes, for me too. Finished it once, but most runs end somewhere after Kuldahar. But the start is comfy and fun. Games don't need a strong story to be engaging, mechanics and atmosphere suffice.

Zlaja

Arcane
I much prefer replaying Icewind Dale during the worst summer heat. Hearing the sounds of those icy winds makes for a refreshing change from sweating buckets.

When it's -17 C (as it was this morning here) I prefer playing something with a tropical setting like Risen or even Dead Island. It's all about that sweet contrast.

It's time for...

One of my favorite PS2 games. Still have my copy 20 years later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom