Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Got any link about the "blamed the management" part?

It is the Reboot talk he did. I will find the link

The talk was like he did not realized it was filmed it was pretty shade at Obsidian and their decisions Probably to make self look better to audience, but it made me lose respect for him

I mean if you make mistakes or work at a company and then public blame them for mistakes, maybe leave? But shit where you work means you should leave your work

Gordian Nutt

Educated
I will try and endure watching it again and find a timestamp but may take a while

I remember he blamed management for voice acting and pirate mechanics outside of the presentation - but I do not know if he mentions those in addition to the shade in presentation itself

Did Codex also do a thread on this talk? I thought they did

LizardWizard

Cipher
but... sawyer is part of the management.
So was Avellone and he told us all about how he would get rolled over by the other owners. Sawyer can’t do shit if Feargus doesn’t want him to.

Avellone got bodied, despite being part-owner, because he's a proven cuck that apologizes at the first sign of conflict. Sawyer threatened to quit multiple times to only get a raise/promoted to the point where he basically took Avellone's job.

Sannom

Augur
I will try and endure watching it again and find a timestamp but may take a while

I remember he blamed management for voice acting and pirate mechanics outside of the presentation - but I do not know if he mentions those in addition to the shade in presentation itself

Did Codex also do a thread on this talk? I thought they did
So I watched the presentation and I think you must have different interpretations of some part of that talk, because I couldn't see any shade thrown at Obsidian's management in particular.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

I seem to recall the voice acting and pirate stuff being shade-blamed on management, but I don't recall that was specifically from any talk or presentation.

Then again, I haven't listened to all of Sawyer-talks to say for sure, Sawyer has a lot of Sawyer-talks.

I thought he also blamed the excess content specs for Pillars 1 on management being over-ambitious with stretch goals (the cities?). [citation needed, tho]

I do recall Deadfire coming out pretty buggy even with the delay, so regardless, something should have been cut or he should have asked for even more time so it didn't come out like New Vegas.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is too much obsession with this soy kid (sawyer) on the forums. Bros are following him religiously like if he was a political leader or a prophet. He is just a soyboy cuck who smells his own farts. Disgusting low test behaviour is prevelant in this forum.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Is it that thing :

Based Soyer openly showcasing Marxist though on the issue.

That being said, fabulously optimistic of him to think that the solution to the practice of crunch is to set work boundaries on an individual level by talking to one's manager. Porky doesn't care about your personal obligations or needs outside of the workplace and bringing them in the open only serves to expose you as being detrimental to the employer's interests and thus discarded in favor of some other poor soul who is willing to endure even more abuse than you were.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
That being said, fabulously optimistic of him to think that the solution to the practice of crunch is to set work boundaries on an individual level by talking to one's manager. Porky doesn't care about your personal obligations or needs outside of the workplace and bringing them in the open only serves to expose you as being detrimental to the employer's interests and thus discarded in favor of some other poor soul who is willing to endure even more abuse than you were.
Joshy is against crunch? Surely he is not a стахановец

kreight

There is too much obsession with this soy kid (sawyer) on the forums. Bros are following him religiously like if he was a political leader or a prophet. He is just a soyboy cuck who smells his own farts. Disgusting low test behaviour is prevelant in this forum.
Couldn't have said it better myself, sir.

Vatnik Wumao
Joshy is against crunch? Surely he is not a стахановец
He's just virtue signalling and playing off the crunch in his own company. Also, quite hilarious how he defined crunch as it being at least 60 hours of work a week for 8 weeks straight. As if being worked to death for 2-3 weeks before release is just kosher and totally not crunch.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Couldn't have said it better myself, sir.

It is not only that man, the guy despises this forum and hates everyone in it and wants nothing to do with any of the people here. Yet posters here keep stalking him for his ~opinions~ like a bad case of an ex boyfriend/girlfriend who is stalking their ex fanatically over facebook and instagram. Just pure one sided traumatic bonding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom