Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Josh Sawyer wants to make Pillars of Eternity 3, but only if...

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Better start playing the lottery.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
1697767223149.png

The article is newly published and has many more quotes from Josh himself, not sure why you are butthurt. Also you must be the one going to /v/ in 2023 since you are equating one single tweet with an article that references an entire interview on the subject... classic /v/ tourist concept, innit?

Herumor

Scholar
Why would anyone give the anti-fun guy any sort of money to begin with? Especially given Obsidian's record with the last few games they made.

And no amount of money will ever make the Pillars setting a good one.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
you know why most western studios turn to shit sooner or later while most japanese studios maintain quality? Arrogance. Once western studios grt big they start thinking they’re the shit. They stop playing video games and start spending more time on cocaine and hookers… or riding your bike if you’re gay. Japs stay humble and continue to play games and listen to feedback that’s why they don’t forget how to make good games.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't mind a Sawyer lead 100 million Euro game

What I have problem with is the fact that none in nu-Obsidian, nu-Exile has spec of talent left to make an actually good game and Soyer is too Soyed to call shit, shit.

TOW is all you need to show you what "good" RPG by nu-Obsidian is like even with 2 "old people who made good game" lead

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Why is this fruitcake doing so many interviews? What the fuck has he done in the last three years that's relevant to ANYTHING in the world of Role playing games?

I'm a bitter fuck, yes. And I obviously cannot stand him, or Feargus. True. And in that I am totally and completely biased.

But I also give credit where credit is due, even begrudgingly.

Here I can find no credit due in any way, shape, or form.

This is what Obshitian has become:
Josh- A guy making games who doesn't understand fun. Now getting 6 figures to sit in a corner and do nothing.
Feargus- Another guy making games for nerds and dorks but who thinks the stuff they like is boring and dumb.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why is this fruitcake doing so many interviews? What the fuck has he done in the last three years that's relevant to ANYTHING in the world of Role playing games?
He's one of the last big names in game development so journalists are going to want to interview him.

Avellone was interviewed for years after he had long done anything "relevant." That's dried up now.

Shin

Cipher
He's one of the last big names in game development so journalists are going to want to interview him.
the only people not on the codex who know josh sawyer's name by heart are the ones banned by the codex

everyone knows the last big names in gaming are sid meier and tom clancy

Bulo

Scholar
the only people not on the codex who know josh sawyer's name by heart are the ones banned by the codex

everyone knows the last big names in gaming are sid meier and tom clancy
I'm still waiting for another Clive Barker game

Vox Machina

Barely Literate
Would BG3-size budget guarantee BG3 scope of success?

Of course not. BG3 succeeded based on the Dev + the IP + lightning in a bottle. Pillars is cool but it's not Baldur's Gate. Also the word of mouth around BG3 got a lot of people to buy it that wouldn't have bought an isometric CRPG otherwise, and half of those people probably didn't like it for the reasons they wouldn't have liked it without said word of mouth.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The way JS completely ignores the idea of Fallout NV2 is sad. For whatever reason he prefers not to mention it.
Why talk about it, it's completely out of his hands.

To be honest *everything* seemed to be out of his hands. When he was system lead he managed to screw up every core system in Pillars.

If you care about this genre just contain this man to twitter and don't give him any ideas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom