Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Josh Sawyer wants to make Pillars of Eternity 3, but only if...

Stoned Ape

Savant
Two Pillows of Inanity titles + Avowed are already more than enough for the setting. IMO Eora isn't interesting enough to warrant building anything else in it

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well turns out none of them were excited about it, that's why they jumped the ship first chance they got and moved onto 3D popamole.
Most people don't get a say about what projects they get to make. Deadfire's turn-based mode was something a couple of people made in their spare time. :M
And such a shame about the lowest possible effort...
With continuous individual rounds it could have been such a neat TB system with very little effort.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Two Pillows of Inanity titles + Avowed are already more than enough for the setting. IMO Eora isn't interesting enough to warrant building anything else in it
I didn't realise Avowed was already released.

But anyway, in my opinion, we've barely touched the potential of this setting.
Don't have too much hope for PoE3 being made... but if it will and Josh Sawyer will lead the project...

:hype:

Robert Erick

Educated
I didn't realise Avowed was already released.

But anyway, in my opinion, we've barely touched the potential of this setting.
Don't have too much hope for PoE3 being made... but if it will and Josh Sawyer will lead the project...

:hype:
What is the potential of this setting?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's no sense in Obsidian making a fantasy game in any setting other than Eora. You think anything new they would create now would be better?

Stoned Ape

Savant
There's no sense in Obsidian making a fantasy game in any setting other than Eora. You think anything new they would create now would be better?
I'm one of the (probably few) people who preferred Terratus to Eora.

Eora was decent for POE 1, but I got so bored with POE 2 I couldn't finish the game and a lot of that had to do with how they portrayed the setting and how uninspired I felt exploring it. Avowed looks dreadful so far, and the thought of returning to Eora does absolutely nothing for me.

Quillon

Arcane
you guys complained the setting is too generic now Obs can't stop infesting the games with Huana ffs

if most of the names sound like waka waka it ain't generic anymore :balance:

Goldschmidt

Learned

Eora was decent for POE 1, but I got so bored with POE 2 I couldn't finish the game and a lot of that had to do with how they portrayed the setting and how uninspired I felt exploring it. Avowed looks dreadful so far, and the thought of returning to Eora does absolutely nothing for me.
I like vanilla more than strawberry. I prefer blondes over brunettes.

Strawberry ice cream should not be produced. Brunettes should not replicate.

Stoned Ape

Savant

I like vanilla more than strawberry. I prefer blondes over brunettes.

Strawberry ice cream should not be produced. Brunettes should not replicate.
Roguey asked if I thought Obsidian could come up with a better fantasy setting than Eora and I answered that I think they already had, therefore I obviously believe they can.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey asked if I thought Obsidian could come up with a better fantasy setting than Eora and I answered that I think they already had, therefore I obviously believe they can.
Tyranny flopped (at least initially, like PoE 2 it seems to have had a good long tail) and Paradox owns it so Obsidian couldn't use it even if they wanted to. :M

Also the guy in charge of creating the lore you liked so much? Chris Avellone. Gone-so.

You can get a girl pregnant without cohabitation. Forest meadows are a good place too.
It's not about the how. Ita about that someone will need to answer for it afterward once shes pregnant. There will be an investigation in the local court calling witnesses. And sense these are tight knit communities there will be no problem getting answers.

And Reimhart: You still fail to understand the power dynamics. It is the priest and central governments law led by the king that rules because he is gods chosen that are doing the inquiries. It is their law, their honur, that has been tarnished. They can't allow peasants to go against God's and Kings laws. If anyone is being killed it is the Kings executioner doing the killing.
This is true. But I though we were talking about rates of cohabitation. I don't think such documentation would be helpful in estimating rates of cohabitation, especially considering that law enforcement would be involved mostly if the man is unwilling to take responsibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom