Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Judas - narrative FPS set on a disintegrating starship from Ken Levine's Ghost Story Games

Terenty

Liturgist
Say whatever you want about Levine, but he is obviously still passionate about video games unlike a lot of old (and young for that matter) devs nowadays.

That alone warrants curiosity about his output

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In Judas, we give you a whole new world to explore: the corridors of the Mayflower, a spacefaring city whose citizens are trained to spy on one another and tear each other apart for the slightest offense.

Chris Avellone's contributions to Ken Levine presents Cancel Culture should be interesting.

Spukrian

Savant
I just had a thought: the main character is this Hacker woman, who seems to remove ethical constraints on AI... Ken has moved on from ripping off System Shock 2 to ripping off System Shock 1!

ciox

Liturgist
He also kind of did Thief with that Bioshock Infinite DLC, you aren't stopping this train and that's just the facts.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just had a thought: the main character is this Hacker woman, who seems to remove ethical constraints on AI... Ken has moved on from ripping off System Shock 2 to ripping off System Shock 1!

"What if the old Irrational or Looking Glass games were dumbed down for midwits" has been his design principle since Bioshock.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
OKaaay but gives us the chat in the background and gameplay on front.

ind33d

Educated
Do you want to fix what you broke or leave it all to burn? That’s a decision only you can make.
A cartoonishly binary moral choice that ends up having no real impact? Where have I seen that before?

main-qimg-b39714da27c24122c2ad4bb0fa95324f-lq
someone should shop this with baby Jesus

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Well I went from 'This looks mildly interesting' to 'Oh god no not again' in the space of a page.

Can we please stop ruining games trying to make them appeal to people who dont want to play them anyway? Fks sake not everything has to appeal to every demographic.

Elttharion

Learned
Well I went from 'This looks mildly interesting' to 'Oh god no not again' in the space of a page.

Can we please stop ruining games trying to make them appeal to people who dont want to play them anyway? Fks sake not everything has to appeal to every demographic.
giphy.gif

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

@ 12:00

IGN: "How did Take2 allow you to make this game uninterrupted for a decade without getting shut down?"
Ken: "Transparency, Trust, etc."

Ken is so modest. Of course he'd say that. He can't reveal the real truth, which is he's a tribe member a goddamn genius.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom