Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kerbal Space Program

Kirtai

Augur
Rocket sled, not sleigh. :mad:

Hellraiser

Arcane
I heard some people like high visibility command pods:

PZNwS1e.jpg

The "tie fighter" cupola pod.

sfbz0ln.jpg

One man lander can octagon.

Both pods coming in 0.20.

Bonus news, the guy who made the b9 aerospace part pack including that high visibility pod Ulminati was using to forge a video with the supposed theft of a satellite by Polant has been hired by the devs.

Also 0.20 features are in testing which means release is soon(tm), you'll finally be able to change the root part without redoing the vessel and also will be able to pick something else than a crew/probe command pod for it. Also you get to pick a flag for the mission in the VAB/SPH.

Absalom

Nice pod! Wait, my version of the one man lander octagon just used the Mark 1 capsules IVA... it looked nowhere near as nice as that one. Weird. And lately, I've been using the RemoteTech and LilfeSupport mods, so I may have to wait on downloading the update till mods are compatible.

Btw, the RemoteTech mod works even better than expected, even if it's a little obtuse getting into it... the "How to use" information doesn't cover the important stuff. Still, easy enoug to figure out.

As for life support, well, I have issues... I'll get around to that later when I can upload screenshots.

Absalom

Nice pod! Wait, my version of the one man lander octagon just used the Mark 1 capsules IVA... it looked nowhere near as nice as that one. Weird.

That's because those pods from the KSPX mod are getting official version now that their author Claira joined the dev team. She's also doing some other parts including the toolbox.

Fucking radical. Game just keeps getting better and better. That mod is great, not only do the parts look good, are balanced, but they generally seem like they should be in the game already. :incline: of KSP. I'm gonna go play it now actually

Multi-headed Cow

tumblr_inline_mn7vevcN0M1qz4rgp.jpg

Patchnotes:

• 7 new Parts and 2 IVA Spaces
  • Cupola with IVA
  • Small Lander with IVA
  • 2 new Probe cores
  • New large docking clamp
  • New Medium wheel
  • Attachable command seats for kerbals

Customizable Flags for your space program
  • Kerbals on Eva can plant flags with editable plaques
  • 23 Stock flags to choose from.
  • Flags are Moddable, Make your own flag!

Editor Improvements
  • Added Flag interface to editor
  • The Editor no longer requires you to start with a command pod when building a ship.
  • The Editor now allows deleting or replacing the first part of your ship.

Optimizations and New Features
  • Vessel Filtering for the tracking station
  • Added Kerbal Knowledge base for vessel and planetary information
  • Upgraded scene loader and refresh logic
  • Added Game Database and repogrammed part loaders.
  • Mods and stock parts can now have their own folders for organization
  • New Loading Screens
  • Optimization of Memory Usage (Approximately 30% average reduction in usage)
  • Upgraded debug menu allows parts and cfg files to be reloaded while the game
  • Bug Fixes!

Hellraiser

Arcane
Mostly (needed) utility/optimization additions, the knowledge database is pretty cool though. You can finally see your spacecrafts mass without using mods, also planets have (silly) descriptions.

I'll screw around with the seats and make proper flags when I get the time tomorrow, got a few ideas other than SRB seats.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bounce:

AM DOWNlOADAN NAOW

Also, is finally understand why polant like space. Is dark and cold, also no potato. Remind of home.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It broke a bunch of mods (KAS in particular), also I spent more time doing this than actually playing it so far:

STCflag1.png

STCflag2.png

Since you can have a flag for each vehicle/mission separately (and one for the spess center) I think I'll be spending too much time in photoshop.

Oh and it looks like I was not the only one to come up with a "not sure if minmus is dirt on telescope" joke as the database entry for minmus shows, in fact its a running joke within most of the descriptions. I just wish that the scientific data on atmosphere and gravity had to be filled in probes and not filled in from the stary, but that's probably coming in the future.

Also made this with the firespitter parts since they didn't get broken by the part system changes (aviation lights did though :( ):

choppah.png

There's a new set of medium rover wheels, a rockomax size docking port, 5 KSPX parts made official (the atlas engine, cupola tie fighter pod and 1-man lander can and round stack probe cores in 2 diamater sizes).

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm going to have to restart my mothership mission now to get flags on board :(

I get to restart my mothership mission to get flags on board! :bounce:

Absalom

Well, there goes my all of my free time.
Also made this with the firespitter parts since they didn't get broken by the part system changes (aviation lights did though :( ):

choppah.png

There's a new set of medium rover wheels, a rockomax size docking port, 5 KSPX parts made official (the atlas engine, cupola tie fighter pod and 1-man lander can and round stack probe cores in 2 diamater sizes).
I'm pretty jealous of this. I'm going to dl that mod when it's gets adapted for .20

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Bit annoying that they still haven't added a way to add kerbals to modules prior to launch. Now I have ot make all kinds of elaborate boarding mechanisms just to populate the exterior seats of my rocketsled.

Absalom

Bit annoying that they still haven't added a way to add kerbals to modules prior to launch. Now I have ot make all kinds of elaborate boarding mechanisms just to populate the exterior seats of my rocketsled.
The lifesupport mod in .19 allowed you to do that, though I don't know if it survived the .20 mod purge.

Absalom

Is it just me, or is the game very buggy all of a sudden? Just lost another space station to randomly imploding

Hellraiser

Arcane
I heard people were getting that, I only saw a flag disappear once for no reason (possibly due to terrain clipping on loading which happens). Still a station shouldn't.

Also the terrain on the Mun is buggy due to the new normal mapping or the new rover wheels are buggy. There are random invisible irregularities in it and whenever my rover stopped it would just fidget weirdly with breaks on as if it ate mexican jumping beans.

Considering that a few things got messed up like texture quality on planets and normal map textures for the sea waves got mxied up with the polar ice cap ones I guess we'll probably get a hotfix within a week.

Absalom

I also had a lot of problems with the big docking clamps. I'm just going to wait until the hotfix and for the mods to catch up. And the station didn't disappear, after I switched to it, it suddenly had a delayed (?) explosion after the new cupola module randomly disengaged itself and flew off into the distance.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yeah I think I'll wait until the KAS and Kethane mods get updated. Want to build a Munbase but without a proper crane attaching the modules will be a bitch. Also it's not a proper base without a kethane refinery and ships that can be refueled easily via fuel lines.

Aviation lights got a proper update for 0.20 though, they finally use control groups and electricity!

Hellraiser

Arcane
I also had a lot of problems with the big docking clamps. I'm just going to wait until the hotfix and for the mods to catch up. And the station didn't disappear, after I switched to it, it suddenly had a delayed (?) explosion after the new cupola module randomly disengaged itself and flew off into the distance.

Turns out the cupola and lander can (not sure which can exactly) are responsible. Also there was an issue with rover suspension in low g which is probably why my Selene-2 Mun Rover kept bopping like retarded. Both issues are fixed but they're still doing some stuff before the 0.20.1 update can be released. They've reverted the Munar surface to the old version and I'm not sure if that won't fuck over the stuff I landed there.

Absalom

Turns out the cupola and lander can (not sure which can exactly) are responsible. Also there was an issue with rover suspension in low g which is probably why my Selene-2 Mun Rover kept bopping like retarded. Both issues are fixed but they're still doing some stuff before the 0.20.1 update can be released. They've reverted the Munar surface to the old version and I'm not sure if that won't fuck over the stuff I landed there.

Really? Hmm that answers a lot of things. Hopefully they'll add a more appropriate IVA screen for the cupola too while they're at it. I wonder what they're doing with the Mun if they're switched it to a placeholder? And honestly I don't have much hope for keeping any of my old stuff intact throughout all the updates.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The small radial engine seems to have bugged out for me.

Using this lander design
5rEnXIp.jpg

The 4 engines placed next to the landing gear consume fuel from the tanks, but do not change my velocity.
The two engines on the landers command module work normally.

Am confused. :(

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ulminati, what if the small octagonal strut that you placed just below the engine is being pushed away by it, but since it is connected to the rest of your lander it drags the entirety of the lander back with it thus nullifying all acceleration?

Blocking engine exhausts is a bad idea after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom