Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
With the new development of publisher involvement in successful Kickstarters I have decide to create a dedicated section that in pure codexian spirit will be called:

PUBLISHER DRAMA

DISCLAIMER:
Drama is not always guaranteed.

Dodger Blue will be the color used for the links.
Here a handy thread summarizing some of the DRAMA.

Cloudberry Kingdom and Ubisoft
Expeditions: Conquistador and bitComposer
Shdowrun Returns and Microsoft

Color-coded for DRAMA? You mean I no longer have to search for my daily fix of DRAMA? All my brofists, take them!

:bro:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
With the new development of publisher involvement in successful Kickstarters I have decide to create a dedicated section that in pure codexian spirit will be called:

PUBLISHER DRAMA

DISCLAIMER:

I feel compelled to ask why Legends of Eisenwald isn't on there? Their story is identical to Conquistador except they handled communication better so there was less butthurt.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

PUBLISHER DRAMA

DISCLAIMER:

I feel compelled to ask why Legends of Eisenwald isn't on there? Their story is identical to Conquistador except they handled communication better so there was less butthurt.

Perhaps that's the reason: no drama so no color-coding?

Kz3r0

Arcane

PUBLISHER DRAMA

DISCLAIMER:

When they will get involved with a publisher, for now we have only an anonymous investor.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It's obvious Trent Oster now owns Homeworld and will be releasing enhanced versions of the Homeworld games full of bugs and extra crappy content.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
It's obvious Trent Oster now owns Homeworld and will be releasing enhanced versions of the Homeworld games full of bugs and extra crappy content.
Actually Trent Oster said he was out of the auction a while ago. So that's 2 out.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krillbite/among-the-sleep

Among the Sleep is a first person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child.​

What happens when you mix a child's perspective and imagination, with the surreal nature of dreams? Quite a lot, I guess, but we think one of those things is an interesting premise for a horror adventure.​

The game is heavily based on atmosphere and exploration, and using the two year old child’s perspective. For example you’ll be able to see your own body at all times, and you will have to interact with the environment to find places to hide from dangers.​

We’re aiming to include some puzzle and adventure elements as well, but our main focus lies on exploration, atmosphere and horror.​

Krillbite Studio, the independent developer behind Among the Sleep, came to be during our studies of interactive digital art about two years ago. As a creative collective of friends, we started our current project Among the Sleep as our thesis project, and we decided to continue working on it after graduating.​

$15 for the game. Asking for $200,000. PC Mac and Linux.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
For Pathfinder PnP fags:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowlands/the-shadowlands-campaign-setting-guidebook-for-pat
The Shadowlands Campaign Setting Guidebook for Pathfinder

A whole new campaign world for the Pathfinder RPG inspired by The Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, & Planescape settings!​

In 2012 we launched the first glimpses of the Shadowlands, a brand new campaign setting for the Pathfinder RPG, with a small adventure and a conversion guide which were each ENnie-nominated productions. Several of the products of our 2011 initial Kickstarter are finally now being released as well, but in all of this, the GMs among us couldn't help but feel a pull for the one thing we old-school GMs love the most: a good old-fashioned full-length campaign guidebook.​

Now is your chance to help make that Campaign Guidebook, inspired by the great campaign sets from 2nd and 3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons, into a reality!​

Shadowlands is a campaign setting in the best old-school tradition of classic fantasy gaming worlds, as realized by acclaimed writers, artists, and designers. It makes use of the versatile Pathfinder open system to offer a broad spectrum of options for players and Game Masters, alike, with a focus on epic deeds, bold exploration, and global intrigue.​

The Shadowlands setting offers unique magic and psionics systems, new mechanics for handling languages and diplomacy, new races and racial options, super advanced technologies (fit into a fantasy setting), special rules for morality and beliefs, and so much more!​

Asking for $5,500 now at $19,826. Supports Kicking it Forward. 14 days left.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A whole new campaign world for the Pathfinder RPG inspired by The Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, & Planescape settings!

lol

Who the fuck would want another fantasy world for D&D/Pathfinder? :lol:

Asking for $5,500 now at $19,826

wat

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I watched that The Ream Game pitch video. It looks nice, but the whole "innovative" part is leaving me scratch my head. Will monitor more. Music and art are very nice though. And an interesting setting.

Tytus

Arcane
Lately more and more crowd funding projects falls in trouble - best example of it is Shadowrun running to a publisher for money. Companies are slowly starting to realize the dangers that Kickstarter, Indiegogo and PayPal campaigns carry. 

So let's a make a thread similar to Kickstarter watch, but about the troubles various crowd funding companies face.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/23/skullgirls-crowdfunding-stymied-by-paypal/

PayPal has put the brakes on the Indiegogo campaign for Skullgirls, leaving Lab Zero Games unable to pay its staff.

The money transfer service withheld funds, saying it was not willing to take the risk that backers would demand refunds at the end of a poll to select which DLC characters will be developed.

The service offered to unfreeze Lab Zero’s funds if it would agree to take on the burden of providing refunds if necessary, but the developer refused; the point of its crowd-funding campaign is to provide money for development costs, and it’s going to spend it, not fill up a silo and go swimming.

Lab Zero CEO Bartholow took to NeoGAF to vent his frustrations, and in a series of posts collated by GamesIndustry, revealed that PayPal finally unfroze the account but withheld $35,000 as collateral. Other developers have not experienced this problem using rival services like Amazon, Bartholow said, and he has filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

The vast majority of Skullgirls backers used PayPal to donate, so the service was sitting on $700,000 of the $829,000 raised through Indiegogo.

Lab Zero Games originally asked for just $150,000 to develop a single DLC character, but netted enough to make four, with story and stages for three of them, among with a host of other goodies for backers and fans. Skullgirls is available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is headed to PC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Shadowfrun?" Do you mean Shadowrun? Developer? Do you mean publisher? Regardless, they didn't run to anybody for money.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Paypal is known for randomly withelding large chunks of money from charity drives and crowdsourcing so I'm not surprised they're doing this. What exactly is the problem with that retarded Skullgirls?

Tytus

Arcane
"Shadowfrun?" Do you mean Shadowrun? Developer? Do you mean publisher? Regardless, they didn't run to anybody for money.

The game is delayed and and the promised no DRM version will be only for backers, plus they are implementing multiplayer because they have a publisher now. So it's seems they run out of money.

Gord

Arcane
Everytime I think about getting a Paypal account for convenience, I read something like that and remember why I haven't yet...

xilo3z

Educated
Meh, I'm in PayPal's court on this one. Skullgirls raised XYZ money for a product. They should be forced to stand by said product, not PayPal. PayPal essentially is offering them a financial service by now doing risk mitigation by handling the refund process, of course they are going to want collateral/cash reserve on hand to process this. The Skullgirls whiny girls should have, right off the bat, said "give us all the money and we will handle the refunds ourselves", ya know, like ANY OTHER BUSINESS WOULD HAVE. But no they almost literally said "fuck you!" to PayPAl- "(we are) going to spend it, not fill up a silo and go swimming."... Seriously... Fuck having money aside to handle if any refunds or any problems occur, SPEND SPEND SPEND!!! They just became whiny bitches when PayPal mentioned refund risk because they wanted to spend it alllll and not have to worry about a thing.

They were offered to stand by their product and said "No, you handle it". Ball was in PayPas court and they could have easily slammed dunked it in their face, so hard, but opted to go for a smooth lay up. Essentially PayPal is now running SkullGirls' customer service department for a low cost of 35k collateral, which will probably be returned if it doesn't get chomped into by refunds.... And he still bitches.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If we are going to make a list, I would say Grimoire would count as a failure as it only made over $17,000 on its two Indiegogo campaigns. Unless Cleve makes tons of money after it is finally published through Steam Greenlight or GOG, it might be a financial failure too. Oddly, though, the game itself might be an amazing success as the demo has been promising thus far. I suppose time will tell.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Meh, I'm in PayPal's court on this one. Skullgirls raised XYZ money for a product. They should be forced to stand by said product, not PayPal. PayPal essentially is offering them a financial service by now doing risk mitigation by handling the refund process, of course they are going to want collateral/cash reserve on hand to process this. The Skullgirls whiny girls should have, right off the bat, said "give us all the money and we will handle the refunds ourselves", ya know, like ANY OTHER BUSINESS WOULD HAVE. But no they almost literally said "fuck you!" to PayPAl- "(we are) going to spend it, not fill up a silo and go swimming."... Seriously... Fuck having money aside to handle if any refunds or any problems occur, SPEND SPEND SPEND!!! They just became whiny bitches when PayPal mentioned refund risk because they wanted to spend it alllll and not have to worry about a thing.

They were offered to stand by their product and said "No, you handle it". Ball was in PayPas court and they could have easily slammed dunked it in their face, so hard, but opted to go for a smooth lay up. Essentially PayPal is now running SkullGirls' customer service department for a low cost of 35k collateral, which will probably be returned if it doesn't get chomped into by refunds.... And he still bitches.

Ah yeah, that is true. Probably in the past Paypal would've just gone "Screw it, we're keeping teh monies!" but couple PR fuckups probably have softened them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Space Hulk guys kickstarting new turn based Jagged Alliance http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback

Just how good of a Jagged Alliance game can they do with a funding of a 350 000? Even if they get a million I don't think that's enough for a glorious games and a supposed successor of JA2.

KotC made a complex game with next to no cash. I don't know why people think complexity costs money. Graphics do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom