Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But still potato rpg fanbase is quite large and I refuse to believe they all chime into the codex fundraiser.

Well, I find it puzzling that western European countries do not feature in more heavily. For example Netherlands, affluent country with good skills in English.

For the slavic countries I wonder if it's the localisation that matters, and on the other hand - do banks readily offer other than national credit cards?

Where are all zee germans? They like RPGs..

Localisation doesn't matter that much in ce/ee, at least not in my experience - most RPG enthusiasts here speak good enough EN and know how cringeworthy localisations can be.

It is harder (at least was in the beginning) to back Kickstarter from here. The way they just charge your card remotely doesn't mesh that well with our DCs (rarely people use Credit Cards here). So an extra hoop was here to create a virtual CC in some bank.

But in the end - all the whales are in states. Even if we back games it is usually lower tiers because of (1) relative buying power (2) shipping costs

I think the German numbers are not that unexpected, about 70% of the U.K. count.

That's actually the most interesting find.. Kickstarter doesn't seem that popular in Potatoland, that is true - national mistrust for people who sell you dreams. But still potato rpg fanbase is quite large and I refuse to believe they all chime into the codex fundraiser.

Besides, anecdotal evidence, I gave my shekels to 8 out of those. That must be a bigger blip on radar tha The Brazilian Slaughter and his 0,07% !

DarkUnderlord - are there similar stats for Codex fundraisers?

Whyyyyyyyyyyy do you summon me, mortal

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

It's another promising 2D game with elements taken from the Souls series.
It seems too ambitious concerning the amount of content considering it's a one-man work and $20 to get the game may be a little expensive compared to other similar projects (2 times more than for Dex), but
if you like this kind of game you can definitely play the demo, which is quite long for a demo (I'd say more than 2 hours) and almost a decent game in itself with fun exploration and a few cool encounters.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Today's backers-only update has a collection of "finest bug gifs". I'll share one for free but you have to be a backer to see the rest.
d5f8430cd33333457c5bf56ed7632a8c_original.gif

Ahhhh, I can't stop laughing at this one.

lightbane

Arcane
It's another promising 2D game with elements taken from the Souls series.
It seems too ambitious concerning the amount of content considering it's a one-man work and $20 to get the game may be a little expensive compared to other similar projects (2 times more than for Dex), but
if you like this kind of game you can definitely play the demo, which is quite long for a demo (I'd say more than 2 hours) and almost a decent game in itself with fun exploration and a few cool encounters.

Sounds like Lone Survivor but with actual gameplay and fun. And less pixel-shit graphics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meriwether/meriwether-an-american-epic/posts/1604329
Meriwether Silver Released!

Dear backers,

Happy Flag Day! This is the day you've been waiting for: the "Silver" version of Meriwether, exclusively available to you, our Kickstarter supporters.

By "Silver," we mean that this is the release right before "Gold," which is the version we will begin selling to the general public. Of course, you get access to all versions, including Gold: you just get to play the game much earlier! That said, it's important to remember that this is not the finished game. If you prefer a polished play experience, you would do best by holding off until Gold.

But the very good news is that, as of now, the game is playable from beginning to end, it is feature-complete, and it showcases the many narrative and mechanical innovations we have developed in the creation process. We can't wait for you to play and enjoy!

You can download Meriwether Silver via the Humble store: https://www.humblebundle.com/home/library. Make sure to download the build from today (you may still have access to the Beta.) If you don't have a Humble account, you'll need to create one using the same email you used to back Meriwether on Kickstarter. If you don't see the game in your account, please contact us via Kickstarter and we will get you squared away.

In terms of continuing Meriwether's development, our two immediate concerns are polish and performance. By polish, we mean making sure the gameplay is intuitive and interactive; that the writing is pristinely copyedited; that the tutorials are just helpful enough without getting in the way of the game; and so on. We want to make sure the game "feels good" to play! Another factor that affects whether a game feels good is performance, so we'll be working on making the game run faster and require fewer resources from your computer.

There is one major issue that is occurring on some computers. At the start of some levels, the game may hang on a black screen for a very long time. If this happens, kill the game (Alt-F4 on Windows, Cmd-Q on Mac), restart Meriwether, and then hit "load" on the main menu to resume where you left off. Please let us know if you encounter this error because we are trying to ascertain exactly why and when this happens.

Here's a list of other known issues. This will also help to give you a sense of what we're planning to work on to reach Gold!

- some sound effects are placeholder or missing
- world map is outdated
- Pryor's report has outdated buttons
- "soaked" appears before rain starts
- different graphics levels need to impact terrain - snow is not working - shouldn't allow checking of non-existent traps
-need to add specular maps to character shader
- need to hide oars and ropes when you drive keelboat - shoshone weapons don't kill you
- credits are missing
- tooltips don't appear while characters are walking
- minimap out of date
- when closing minimap, letterboxing appears for a moment
- you should get burned when you walk through fire
- local avoidance for characters and animals is broken
- many minor cosmetic issues
- music needs to crossfade between songs

We really want your feedback. Please send it to joshdebonis@gmail.com. The more feedback we receive the sooner we will make the game better!

For the physical rewards, the maps are taking a little longer than expected to get finalized. We received a proof last week, and we are making a few graphical improvements based on it. Rewards are coming soon! We will keep you updated.

Thank you again so much. Here's hoping you love the game you have supported.

Josh & the Meriwether Team

karnak

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meriwether/meriwether-an-american-epic/posts/1604329
Meriwether Silver Released!

Dear backers,

Happy Flag Day! This is the day you've been waiting for: the "Silver" version of Meriwether, exclusively available to you, our Kickstarter supporters.

By "Silver," we mean that this is the release right before "Gold," which is the version we will begin selling to the general public. Of course, you get access to all versions, including Gold: you just get to play the game much earlier! That said, it's important to remember that this is not the finished game. If you prefer a polished play experience, you would do best by holding off until Gold.

But the very good news is that, as of now, the game is playable from beginning to end, it is feature-complete, and it showcases the many narrative and mechanical innovations we have developed in the creation process. We can't wait for you to play and enjoy!

You can download Meriwether Silver via the Humble store: https://www.humblebundle.com/home/library. Make sure to download the build from today (you may still have access to the Beta.) If you don't have a Humble account, you'll need to create one using the same email you used to back Meriwether on Kickstarter. If you don't see the game in your account, please contact us via Kickstarter and we will get you squared away.

In terms of continuing Meriwether's development, our two immediate concerns are polish and performance. By polish, we mean making sure the gameplay is intuitive and interactive; that the writing is pristinely copyedited; that the tutorials are just helpful enough without getting in the way of the game; and so on. We want to make sure the game "feels good" to play! Another factor that affects whether a game feels good is performance, so we'll be working on making the game run faster and require fewer resources from your computer.

There is one major issue that is occurring on some computers. At the start of some levels, the game may hang on a black screen for a very long time. If this happens, kill the game (Alt-F4 on Windows, Cmd-Q on Mac), restart Meriwether, and then hit "load" on the main menu to resume where you left off. Please let us know if you encounter this error because we are trying to ascertain exactly why and when this happens.

Here's a list of other known issues. This will also help to give you a sense of what we're planning to work on to reach Gold!

- some sound effects are placeholder or missing
- world map is outdated
- Pryor's report has outdated buttons
- "soaked" appears before rain starts
- different graphics levels need to impact terrain - snow is not working - shouldn't allow checking of non-existent traps
-need to add specular maps to character shader
- need to hide oars and ropes when you drive keelboat - shoshone weapons don't kill you
- credits are missing
- tooltips don't appear while characters are walking
- minimap out of date
- when closing minimap, letterboxing appears for a moment
- you should get burned when you walk through fire
- local avoidance for characters and animals is broken
- many minor cosmetic issues
- music needs to crossfade between songs

We really want your feedback. Please send it to joshdebonis@gmail.com. The more feedback we receive the sooner we will make the game better!

For the physical rewards, the maps are taking a little longer than expected to get finalized. We received a proof last week, and we are making a few graphical improvements based on it. Rewards are coming soon! We will keep you updated.

Thank you again so much. Here's hoping you love the game you have supported.

Josh & the Meriwether Team

karnak
Thanks for the info.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom