Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

Harthwain

Magister
Holy fuck, you guys weren't kidding about the white knight mission.
:stunned:
Most of level 9-10 side missions are some of the toughest ones in the game. You have to bring your absolute A game there (in terms of items and builds).

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Is my hearing going or are the voice actors actually mispronouncing basic English words?
"ConseNcrated"?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's obvious many lines literally only had one take, obviously they pushed production timeline there. If you sit down and do loudreading of a text you haven't practiced and only get that take, you'll mispronounce a lot.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's obvious many lines literally only had one take, obviously they pushed production timeline there. If you sit down and do loudreading of a text you haven't practiced and only get that take, you'll mispronounce a lot.
If it really was single takes only they did an alright job I have to say. Still, it's a bit jarring since the rest of the game is fairly decent in quality.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If it really was single takes only they did an alright job I have to say. Still, it's a bit jarring since the rest of the game is fairly decent in quality.

I dunno if it was, it just really seems like that. It's consistent throughout the entire game and speeds up later where it's almost 2-3 times per mission.

Vatnik Wumao
So how much dialogue is there in this game? And is there dialogue fluff or is dialogue only limited to direct C&C stuff?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There are random fluff comments emitted by your party members, including Mordred, occasional dialogue during a mission with various enemies or bystanders, and the rare piece of dialogue with important consequences depending on your choice. :M

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game don't got barbarians do it
Also
Permit me to register my astonishment that you actually like something. Seems you are having fun. :bro:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Also
Permit me to register my astonishment that you actually like something. Seems you are having fun. :bro:
Nigguh have you heard about W O B B L E D O G S?!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also
Nigguh have you heard about W O B B L E D O G S?!
Now I wish I hadn't

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Plenty, but only to fight against. Closest you get on your own team is Boudecia and really stretching it Black Knight and Red Knight (both fight with axes - greataxe and battleaxe respectively - and Red Knight's personality is very Barbarian. But they both use heavy armor and Red Knight uses a shield).

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I went on their Discord and asked if they're going on GOG anytime soon. They said "no plans in the foreseeable future". As a consequence I am giving advice that I plan to take myself: buy this on Steam as soon as you see a deal.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Give us some samples.

Is my hearing going or are the voice actors actually mispronouncing basic English words?
"ConseNcrated"?

They are. They also frequently use wrong grammar either in the VO or in the text
Fucking how.

Something unfortunate about Britian that European gamers (and importantly - developers) need to understand is: very few people in England except the upper classes actually use 'correct' English. And when they do, the range of the vocabulary is limited, and the pronunciation is off because they're sometimes using words that they have only read but never heard.

This happened to me as a kid. I spent all my pocket money on books. Learned words, but didn't know how to pronounce them because I had never heard them used verbally.

So unless game developers employ expensive voice over actors, you'll get this. And where it becomes more pronounced is that the rest of Europe is actually better educated and speaks better English that Brits do.

Just listening to a Ukrainian, Polish, or Russian (in fact almost any eastern european speaker) on the news will show a more well spoken, clearly understood, and pronounced speaker than your average Brit.

I don't know what the voice acting is like in this game, but developers are probably better off getting actors form Eastern Europe than England.

-Watch someone from Owlcat say they did now. :D

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Difficulty is pretty wonky. I've been playing on Normal and 90% of missions have been too easy. Then around lvl 14 some side missions become pretty hard, mainly because of all the Sidhe archers and whatnot but the next story mission is piss easy again even when underleveled.
1658054106555.png

Codex Year of the Donut
Difficulty is pretty wonky. I've been playing on Normal and 90% of missions have been too easy. Then around lvl 14 some side missions become pretty hard, mainly because of all the Sidhe archers and whatnot but the next story mission is piss easy again even when underleveled. View attachment 26268
you're playing it on the original easy difficulty
hard or w/e was the original normal difficulty but too many people cried so they made easy the normal difficulty and made a new easy

Regvard

Arcane
Ignore my previous post about about ramping up post-campaign difficulty. I had to reload a couple of times during that mission but that was the only one. Actually ended up using choke points to avoid being overwhelmed by the huge undead horde. Was fun.

Cyclones are still stupid shit though. Handy to keep around a couple of teleporting heroes to jump beyond enemy lines and destroy spires asap.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
New patch/update: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1157390/view/3382783922484113143
Summer Fixes - v1.2.2 | July 25
Updates to King Arthur: Knight's Tale have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client (in on-line mode) is restarted.

Patch v1.2.2

QoL
  • The number of Spire Shards collected in missions will now be displayed on the Reward Screen
  • The unit created from Merlin's Illusion skill received its own portrait
  • From now on, those achievements which can be earned through completing missions based on a certain condition cannot be unlocked if one fails the mission
  • Added an Ice tag to the Ice Wall and Ice Shield skills
  • Added all of the missing strings (especially The Chained God season) to every language
  • Improved the Hungarian localization
  • When the "Bigger Font" checkbox is on, the font sizes are significantly bigger now

Balance
  • On-kill enchant effects will no longer work with Illusion, Ice Wall and Bone Wall

Fixed bugs
Fixed skills
  • Fixed the Piercing Bolt mastery of the Force Bolt skill
  • Fixed the Unbind mastery of the Sage's Inspire skill which though removed various debuffs from the Hero, did not restore the AP locked by status effects such as Stun and Chill
  • The Fire Bolt skill (Merlin) could damage units with fire immunity. This has been fixed
  • Fixed the Corrupt Armour mastery of Sir Ector's Master of Hexes skill
  • Fixed Sir Ector's Blood Hex skill which did not apply the -30% damage to Lost units
  • Fixed an issue where the Ice Shield did not block the damage of certain skills like the Tainthog's Charge ability or the Beastman's Strike
  • Updated the description of the Master of Fire skill's Wildfire mastery as it did not reflect the actual behavior of the ability
  • Fixed the sound of one of the AoE skills of the Fomorians which could be heard even with the volume turned to zero
  • Fixed an issue where the Ice Walls could be casted on terrain objects
  • Fixed Lady Boudicea's Extended Flurry as well as Zestful Flurry mastery
  • Fixed an issue where one could target out-of-range enemy units with the Chain Lightning skill

Misc
  • Fixed various crashes
  • Fixed the Ready to Fight achievement
  • Fixed an issue in the Act of War mission where one of the encounters did not end properly
  • Fixed the Fomorian Slayer challenge
  • The Master of Elements achievement could not be completed with Merlin's Fire Bolt skill. This has been fixed
  • Fixed the issue where if one started a Roguelite campaign on Very Hard the difficulty was automatically set to Hard instead
  • Fixed an issue where displayed reward on the Feast of Giants mission's briefing window was not correct
  • Fixed an issue where the dialogue with the village girl in the Fire with Fire mission could trigger even after Sir Mordred learned the truth about the villagers
  • Fixed an issue where tooltips of certain items could flicker on the screen
  • Fixed the Concession Decree
  • Fixed an issue where the surrounding could get darker after one completed all the objectives in The Tamer mission
  • Fixed the allied inactive group in The Warlord endgame mission
  • Fixed an encounter in The Besieged Castle (Act II) where the 5th Hero could stuck outside the battle area if one approached the place from a certain direction
  • Fixed an encounter in The Confrontation (Act II) where upon killing the guards too fast made the rest of the units unresponsive
  • Fixed a line break issue in the Chinese localization
  • Fixed various typos and improved various grammatically wrong descriptions

Controller
  • Fixed an issue where players could not use Potions with the Controller
  • The Bell of Midnight could not be interacted with in the Bridge of Sorrow mission. This has been fixed
  • Fixed the multiple targetable skills mechanism, and now you can cast spells without selecting all of the targets that the skill allows you
  • Fixed several UI scrolling issues

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom