Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

Harthwain

Magister
I am the member of the prestigious 1.1% "Complete the game in Roguelite mode" elite! :obviously:

God damn! Brunor le Noir and Ector died. I won mainly because Balin was expert at hiding right in front of the boss and hit-and-running him until he died. That's not how I imagined this to go. I guess I should've fed Brunor the Big Fs until he got strong enough to one-hit-kill the boss... Oh well. Thankfully I had a second Tome of Ressurection from a shady monk who was offering a relic of unknown quality to a "fellow Christian" for 1000 gold and the first one from the vault where you take Excalibur from.

I will try to keep this run for the future, but I will start another one. This time as Rightful - Old-Faith. I need to try out more Sages and Arcanists. I had Morgawse and Ector for the whole game. Also, I will check out Lancelot, although I suspect he will suck big time, given lack of a crucial skill for the class...

CoronerZg

Augur
Guys, when determining event outcome (if you send knight xy on a solo mission like the Questing Beast), is gear taken into account?
Cause if I have a great gear on a knight who is busy with some event, I'd like to give his gear to someone else...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Guys, when determining event outcome (if you send knight xy on a solo mission like the Questing Beast), is gear taken into account?
Cause if I have a great gear on a knight who is busy with some event, I'd like to give his gear to someone else...
Gear is irrelevant, events only check the character's class. If there's a specific event that checks anything else then it's a very unique exception.

Parabalus

Arcane
Gear is irrelevant, events only check the character's class. If there's a specific event that checks anything else then it's a very unique exception.

Some check alignment.

All the events are in plaintext in the data folder, you can look them up there if worried.

CoronerZg

Augur
Thank you guys. That would explain how some random Pict shaman defeated my main fully equipped vanguard murderer.
Also Black Knight failed every single mission I've ever send him on... first I thought it's a Monty Python reference. My initial logic was,
if he can clear entire battlefield alone on a regular mission, he'll do well against some thugs, etc. But wrong alignment/class I guess.

Harthwain

Magister
Also Black Knight failed every single mission I've ever send him on... first I thought it's a Monty Python reference. My initial logic was,
if he can clear entire battlefield alone on a regular mission, he'll do well against some thugs, etc. But wrong alignment/class I guess.
I think you needed to track the bandits, meaning it was job for a Vanguard. Sometimes two classes are acceptable in a quest (Champion/Defender, Arcanist/Sage, Vanguard/Marksman), but I am not sure if this is always the case. And, according to what I heard, sometimes there is an exceptional success - apparently someone sent White Knight to a singing quest and he had spectacular result, because he has Psalm Singer trait.

When you get an injury it's obviously a bad result.

notpl

Arbiter
Thank you guys. That would explain how some random Pict shaman defeated my main fully equipped vanguard murderer.
Generally if it's a duel, it needs a defender/champion, if it's a beast hunt/assassination/anything like that, vanguard/marksman, and if it requires magic or talking send an arcanist/sage. Then, separately, there are obvious religious restrictions, like you shouldn't send a pagan to answer a church's request for aid.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Has there been word on a GOG release? I'm a bit surprised that its not there, considering that there are already a bunch of Neocoregames games available.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is now on an all time low sale:

Steam still requires you to be logged on and connected to work, right? If so, no way I'd get anything from Steam.

Once you download and install the game, you should be able to set Steam to launch offline. You only need to log on online to download updates.

Sometimes you can also directly launch the .exe without going through Steam, but I don't know if that's the case for this game.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Sometimes you can also directly launch the .exe without going through Steam, but I don't know if that's the case for this game.
Probably not, from my experience it's only for older games (like back when CD were a thing) that got slapped on Steam later on.

Also you might have to relog from time to time, maybe because your OS update may conflict with the Steam settings at some point.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Steam is trash, but for online play and faster download and up to date content, it's still the best one.

notpl

Arbiter
in return for glorified filehosting
and here I was thinking they were the company providing access to one of(?) the most used digital entertainment storefront in the world, silly me
"providing access" to a rentier scam lmao. how would people possibly copy files without a middleman extracting hundreds of millions of dollars from the process?

Codex Year of the Donut
in return for glorified filehosting
and here I was thinking they were the company providing access to one of(?) the most used digital entertainment storefront in the world, silly me
"providing access" to a rentier scam lmao. how would people possibly copy files without a middleman extracting hundreds of millions of dollars from the process?
Devs would make far less money overall and therefore not be able to make their games without steam.

I bet you're probably one of those people who goes out of their way to buy games from the dev's site if available not realizing this actually gets the devs overall less money than buying it on steam and leaving a positive review.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Has there been word on a GOG release? I'm a bit surprised that its not there, considering that there are already a bunch of Neocoregames games available.
I asked in their Discord server, and they said there are no plans for the foreseeable future.
That's a shame but thank you for the info.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom