Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I've been thinking about 'limited saves' aspect.
It *does* make the game more fun in the long run (CTDs notwithstanding), but they really dropped the ball on implementation.
'Saviour schnapps'? Fucking really? It is DUMB and there is no denying that.
Saves in KCD actually aren't limited at all. You can brew saviour schnapps by the barrel and the ingredients can be found in abundance, so you can essentially save as much as you want and it costs nothing. The developers just decided to punish the player until he figures that out, which is indeed pretty dumb.

It's not punishing, it's how they artifcially lengthen the game, a lot of the ''features'' are pretty basic and fluff worthy, far cry from the ''hardcore'' some folks yell around here. The game would be hilariously short if they didn't had this kind of padding.

Once again, spot on analysis. If this game was made by anyone else, codex would be shitting all over it. It's crazy how retarded this game and everyone who likes it is, isn't it? It's like a 5 hour walking and fetching simulator got popular only because Vavra said some shit. Idiots should be playing DS instead.

Sarcasm aside, you are pretty much on point, even if you are a casual hypocrite fag.

I'm not sure what sarcasm you're talking about, but I'm glad you agree with me. Your videos were eye opening.

Sure they were, but you must be pretty dumb if you realised that only after seeing the videos, seems that you can't think for yourself and need to be spoonfeed, but I'm glad that you are glad on agreeing with me.

Codex Year of the Donut
They said it was going to be a trilogy back in the Kickstarter days. Base level backers were only getting Part 1 of the game.

I paid £15 which was an absolute steal considering what people are paying now.
I always assumed it was meant to be one game with 3 acts, is that not what they intended?

Deleted member 7219

They said it was going to be a trilogy back in the Kickstarter days. Base level backers were only getting Part 1 of the game.

I paid £15 which was an absolute steal considering what people are paying now.
I always assumed it was meant to be one game with 3 acts, is that not what they intended?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

Approx. gameplay time: 30 hours (Act 1), 70+ hours (all 3 acts)

Also note the higher backer tiers contain Acts 2 and 3.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually the game was originally planned as a trilogy but during the development they probably realized first act would be too short so they welded the first two acts together. I'm guessing the third will be an expansion now. Although Vavra said they can't afford making monster expansions like Blood and Wine so we'll see.
They might afford them after all, with the way it is selling and all.

EDIT: Fuck you, I don't need spelling, I have Adidas.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I keep being a bit confused by the naming conventions in this game. (and the translation)

There are names that have direct equivalents like Henry (Jindřich), some have literal translations (Reeky/Smraďoch), but others use sort of German forms (??) in the English dub.
Like sir Radzig Kobyla - I guess his name doesn't actually translate to "Seagull" (=Racek), it's just a cognate maybe? I don't know the actual etymology of the historical guy's name. Anyway, it is spelled "Racek" in the Czech translation.

So if we were to be a bit cheeky, his full name is "sir Seagull Mare". (majestic!)

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I keep being a bit confused by the naming conventions in this game. (and the translation)

There are names that have direct equivalents like Henry (Jindřich), some have literal translations (Reeky/Smraďoch), but others use sort of German forms (??) in the English dub.
Like sir Radzig Kobyla - I guess his name doesn't actually translate to "Seagull" (=Racek), it's just a cognate maybe? I don't know the actual etymology of the historical guy's name. Anyway, it is spelled "Racek" in the Czech translation.

So if we were to be a bit cheeky, his full name is "sir Seagull Mare". (majestic!)
And then you have the Codex, which is schizo as fuck when it comes to naming. Sometimes it uses the Czech variant, sometimes the German one and sometimes it goes with "XXX in KCD." It makes my teeth itch. Not to mention you have Jan Ptáček as Hans Capon in the game and then the Codex calls his father "Birdie." Pick a translation and stick to it, Jesus Christ.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Seagull Mare is totally badass.

Asi I said they dropped the ball on many of the names, Smejki said they were taken from a 17th century map or some such but c'mon, let's use common sense here. If I worked for Warhorse this game would've been soooo much better oh my god.

evdk

Patron

Seagull Mare is totally badass.

Asi I said they dropped the ball on many of the names, Smejki said they were taken from a 17th century map or some such but c'mon, let's use common sense here. If I worked for Warhorse this game would've been soooo much better oh my god.
The translation is indeed weird, but I suspect the foreigners (ie the most people buying this) can't differentiate between Rattay and whatever random fantasy town name, so it does not matter. I just automatically translate it in my head when playing. Sassau my ass.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The translation is indeed weird, but I suspect the foreigners (ie the most people buying this) can't differentiate between Rattay and whatever random fantasy town name, so it does not matter. I just automatically translate it in my head when playing. Sassau my ass.

Yeah, watching streams and YT it really seems nobody gives a shit. Except most people can't wrap their heads around Wenceslaus, Przybyslawitz, Uzhits and Woyzeck. Wenceslaus is kindda oficial but I'd swap it for Wenzel. The rest should not be anywhere near the game, jesus christ.

Codex Year of the Donut

Since you're Czech, can you tell me why historic Czech documents refer to Radzig as Racka Kobylu?

evdk

Patron

Since you're Czech, can you tell me why historic Czech documents refer to Radzig as Racka Kobylu?
Because grammar changes?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Quick googling gives me the Old Czech Chronicle (a collection of smaller chronicles, some translated from Latin, some already written in Czech, detailing the years 1378 - 1527).

http://v2.manuscriptorium.com/index.php?q=node/167

edit: Sorry, I misread. I honestly don't know what he would've called himself. I'll look into it, but certainly it seems Racek Kobyla would've been what Czechs called him at the time.

edit2: The "Radzig" variant gives me mostly KCD google results, so perhaps that's a made up transcription for the English voiceover? Dunno.

Codex Year of the Donut

Because grammar changes?
I see Racka used in a few modern contexts too though so I'm confused.
e.g,
https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stříbrná_Skalice_(hrad)
který na něm měl jako purkrabího Racka Kobylu ze Dvorce

This is referring to Radzig(Racek), right?

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

Because grammar changes?
e.g,

This is referring to Radzig, right?

Yes, it says Wenceslaus IV appointed Racek the burgrave of the Skalitz castle.

evdk

Patron

Because grammar changes?
e.g,

This is referring to Radzig(Racek), right?
That's just declension.

mildTea

Learned

Czech is a flexive language and has seven declension cases. Various verbs and prepositions require specific cases. Here the name Radzig takes a Czech form Racek which happens to mean seagull and so you declinate it, otherwise it would sound weird and wouldn't fit the language if you just used Racek in all grammar cases:
Nom. - Racek
Gen. - Racka
Dat. - Racku or Rackovi
Acc. - Racka
Vok. - Racku
Lok. - Rackovi
Inst. - Rackem

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is New Colossus a SJW dream game?

It goes beyond that:

The only way this could be more third wave feminist is that if she was menstruating while doing the back flips.

Ho, let's not forget this classic as well:

This game was made by fucking mongolids. The SJW shit just makes it extra derpy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom