Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Beowulf

Arcane
Those are actually quite all right for kids and "kids".
It's hard to get good medieval scenery. They should make some for wargames, to bundle it with their gamer soap, or whatever the next product is.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
- Be a young, idealist, bright-eyed dev
- Go to work on a highly creative, original game
- Become a part of a mammoth transnational conglomerate selling blueberry flavoured "brain booster"

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
kDH3vwS.png

MADMONQ has partnered with Forsen as well now. He's an old school streamer who's gotten in trouble for wrongthink & for not moderating 'hate speech' on his channel, and who hasn't had any kind of sponsorship in years. I'm glad to see that a corp is partnering with non-woke kind of people like him & Vavra, I hope it's profitable and that it sets a trend. If only to see blood squirt out from the eyes of cancel culture cultists.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartinK

Learned
I mean his game is set juts before the hussite wars, event particulary notable for use for mass use of early guns. Instead of taking part in massive civil war and killing crusaders, you get to kill some kind steppe turks. 1403 is tail end of middle ages anyway, why not set a medieval game in high medieval period instead?

kangaxx

Arbiter
I've just started this game off and it's shaping up to be fucking great, although still very early doors. The character levelling and kitting out element seems great, and I so far they've done a great job of making you feel like an insignificant peasant who needs to train, suffer etc. to achieve an actual goal. Nice. I don't see why people moan about the combat, it's something a bit different and seems to me what holding a massive sword would actually be like (i.e. not like the Witcher).

Best of all the bugs and jank absolutely crack me up. I accidentally went to bed in Peshek's bed in the mill by the main town (it's right next to mine apparently) and he woke me up at midnight to berate me. After one line we immediately broke into a civil conversation where I sold him some stolen bread and onions and asked him about the Lord of the manor... then literally immediately afterwards he started angrily berating me again. So I ignored the senile idiot and went to sleep in the correct bed, only to wake up 8 hours later to find the old fool repeating the same lines about this "not being an inn" and to "get out of bed"! I haven't laughed this much in ages.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wtf is this shit?
"Age-restricted videos are not viewable to users who are under 18 years of age or signed out"
I have had a gmail account since 2004, so better show those boobs or else.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I've played a few more hours and I'm already getting the feeling that my guy is advancing through the ranks of society too quickly to be in any way credible. Fun game, but I'm starting to understand the "chad simulator" title.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I've played a few more hours and I'm already getting the feeling that my guy is advancing through the ranks of society too quickly to be in any way credible. Fun game, but I'm starting to understand the "chad simulator" title.

Stay cool, even though you achieve a lot in this game, some people will treat you with contempt until the very end. Some highborns will still look down on you, including your pal, Hans Capon, despite the fact you saved his life at least three bloody times...

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
He almost sucked me off after my dog ate his two captors in the forest. Anyway, back to choking out wayfarers and stealing from the poor.

Soon he'll return to his old self. Hans Capon is one of the most irritating NPCs in the game - at the same time he's very well written. I loved him and at the same time wanted to break all his teath with my steel gaunlet.

SoupNazi

Yeah, Hans does a fucking 180 after that scene. It sucked.

He's quite changeable and not really stable, true.

Next time you meet him, he'll treat you like the common pleb you are.
Is there a side-quest-line I failed to follow?

He still treated me well when he's recovering in his chambers, and I think he even says something like we should go drinking together, or something like that. I guess I didn't follow up on that, as that was around the point where the bane of a storyfag like me took place - the main plot started picking up pace, and that's when I can't bring myself to keep doing sidequests on my first playthrough.

kangaxx

Arbiter
From my POV Sir Hanush is the best character so far. The way we railed that fat degenerate priest in the feast hall was fantastic. Capon seems a bit like a cartoon character written by the far left idiots on reddit.

Codex Year of the Donut
you really thought I was gonna spoil it didn't you? Better get playing to find out yourself.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, Hans does a fucking 180 after that scene. It sucked.

He's quite changeable and not really stable, true.

Next time you meet him, he'll treat you like the common pleb you are.
Is there a side-quest-line I failed to follow?

He still treated me well when he's recovering in his chambers, and I think he even says something like we should go drinking together, or something like that. I guess I didn't follow up on that, as that was around the point where the bane of a storyfag like me took place - the main plot started picking up pace, and that's when I can't bring myself to keep doing sidequests on my first playthrough.

Well there is a questline connected to him, but you really can't miss it unless you try hard. Go drink with him, it will be fun (not as much as drinking with Godwin, but still). And there is also his very own DLC, with another comic quest, in which you will feel like his servant, but you'll have fun anyway.

He becomes a true bro in the endgame, but you still have to save his silly ass and receive shit for that.

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Speaking of endgame:
there is no reason the night-raid on Talmberg had to be a quest instead of a cutscene. Also having to wait multiple days for the siege mission questlines instead of having an option to skip the time forward is odd. If you couldn't play the game after completion, like in New Vegas, then it would make sense to give the player extra time to finish the sidequest before finishing the game. But because the epilogue lets you roam around and do whatever with no time restraints then why extend the main quest by making you wait? Weird thing complain about but those thoughts were going through my head while replaying recently.

ADL

Prophet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom