Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BTW, it's been forever since i finished Pestilence and there's still no horses in Merhojed, but today i talked to Jolanka and she mentioned something about Mattew being sick. I think the horses didn't reset yet because i still have to finish something in this quest.
Is the quest still active in your journal? IIRC you have to cure Matt too and then talk to Nicodemus, he should be in one of the Merhojed houses. Or maybe Johanka? Anyway I remember the ending of the quest being finicky.

Then you wait a week or so and Merhojed resets.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
No, Pestilence is done. No longer in my quest log, the Bailff in Merhojed said the people there wanted to make us saints etc etc so everything was just done perfectly. Maybe Matthew is just a separate part of it that i forgot to follow up. I'll try it later today i had shit to do so i didn't log into the the game at all i'll report once i find out.

Man this game is LONG. I'm actually starting to feel a bit burned out lmao.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I like how the entire game was pointless. The man who killed your father gets away scot free, the man working for him also gets away scot free because honor or some dumb shit, the man working for THAT man also gets away scot free, because he was such a compelling character he needed to survive until the sequel too. You don't get Radzig's sword back either. The only real closure the game delivers is with Runt, and then it "ends" with you hearing a 40 minute lecture about the people you'll only meet in a sequel. Then you ride off to meet those people to save Wenceslas and stop evil Sigismund, but we know from history how well that goes.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I like how the entire game was pointless. The man who killed your father gets away scot free, the man working for him also gets away scot free because honor or some dumb shit, the man working for THAT man also gets away scot free, because he was such a compelling character he needed to survive until the sequel too. You don't get Radzig's sword back either. The only real closure the game delivers is with Runt, and then it "ends" with you hearing a 40 minute lecture about the people you'll only meet in a sequel. Then you ride off to meet those people to save Wenceslas and stop evil Sigismund, but we know from history how well that goes.
Yes, the culmination of the main plot should have been the battle against the bandits and Runt, with Henry actually reclaiming his father's sword and therefore providing some sense of closure. Certain parts of the later main quest could have been modified to occur before this battle, but the game would have avoided the redundancy of the second bandit encampment and also the pointless, drawn-out siege afterward, among other problematic segments such as the exceptionally buggy, railroaded monastery quest.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Found a new way to make the game more challening: no saving alowed before combat.

Found that even with True Slav it's still too easy if i save before every random encounter i can just easily reload if things go south so this time i'm just not saving at all (or possibly save after if i've been running around too long and don't want to lose too many hours of gameplay) and whatever happens happen. This forces me of course to go back to pure stealth mode like in the beginning when i was weak and scared, which is making the game fun again.

Quests i'm still saving just because i want to see the different branches and possible solutions.

New wierd bug: i cannot climb on the mount anymore with the usual max load. Since buying Shadowmere, i've been able to climb with exactly 169 pounds in my inventory. For some reason now i cannot mount until i'm under 164. Horse isn't injured not sure what is going on. Also Mutt for some reason seems to like to run away screaming for no reason. At first i figured maybe i was riding over him with the horse but i saw him do it randomly by himself. I just installed the mod that removes the hit boxes from the shrubs and grass (i was stuck and couldn't get out and i couldn't reload because the save was way too far back so i had to use the mod to get out and ended up keeping it). Maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe Mutt just turned into a pussy.

I still love the little guy my favored parts during combat is having him fight dogs while i take care of the bandits. I just wish i could bind the "stay" command on some key though. That would have been so perfect just have him stay somewhere to avoid the AI annoying you than use the command heel to get him back on a pinch. Having to initiate dialog every time i want him to stay put is getting kinda aggravating.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hahaha, so i went to pick up A Rock and a Hard Place again. I did it twice exploring both evil options (getting everybody hanged, and actually doing the robbery). I left the "moral" path for later, the one were you manage to keep everybody alive by just stealing the money directly and replacing your own. I started the quest, then on my way to Talmberg i get ambushed by Cumans. I lure one away from the road while the rest stayed there looking for me and as i'm sparring with the guy i see two dudes on horse coming to my rescue, and as it happens it was Matthew and Fritz on their way to the quarry. They actually came down from the horse and started fighting the Cumans and had to rush in and make sure neither of them got killed.

For once i got an actual good instance of emergent gameplay instead of the usual broken Bethesda style "radiant" shit and it also suggested what this game could have been like if there was such a thing as horse riding for enemies and friendlies.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i wonder if there was a way to get Matthew and Fritz to Pribyslavitz before this quest. That the reason the game shoves this unsolvable dilemma is that you waited too long to redeem your friends and this are the consequences. I wouldn't put it past this game to be this clever. Alas, i don't have a save old enough to try it out, maybe next time. I did ask Matthew if we wanted to come to Pribyslavitz but at the time i didn't have a tarven yet and maybe if i did he would have said yes and avoided this whole thing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You know, thinking about this one fun thing a person could do is do all the thieving crap before talking to Razdig after being saved by Theresa/Robart, so you can get all the dirty stuff out of the way than pretend the main quest is a redemption arc.

notpl

Arbiter
This game was one of my all-time favorite thief simulators. If we get Prague in the sequel I'll probably lose weeks of my life just stripping every building in the city to the baseboards.

ScepticCat

Novice
Don't know about theft, but this game has ruined my efforts to beat the beer addiction( At least third of the game's time was spent in taverns and casual dice games. My only desire to the next game - make interaction with whores, more interactive.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
You know, thinking about this one fun thing a person could do is do all the thieving crap before talking to Razdig after being saved by Theresa/Robart, so you can get all the dirty stuff out of the way than pretend the main quest is a redemption arc.
I did something similar during my recent playthrough; there is a particular quest during Johanka's questline in A Woman's Lot DLC where you go on a pilgrimage to atone for your sins, so I decided to leave the remaining thievery quests unfinished for LARPing purposes.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
This game was one of my all-time favorite thief simulators. If we get Prague in the sequel I'll probably lose weeks of my life just stripping every building in the city to the baseboards.
It's really quite a pity that the KCD game engine wasn't immediately licensed to another developer to create a game focusing on criminal activities in a large (by medieval standards) city, while Warhorse spent a longer time creating the sequel.

EsHbtxu.png

CxqxNb1.png

S89GPyG.png

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
If we get Prague

It would probably take them as much time to accurately render Prague in the game as it did in designing the entire map in KCD. Plus, if the game melts your system in some backwater village like Rattay i can't even imagine what kind of hardware you would need to go through a bigger town/city.

I'm not complaing though the map of the game is actually far more rife with content than i ever imagined when i first loaded up the game and saw how small scale everything was. Almost 300 hours in and i still haven't finished exploring all of it. Disappointing maybe that the game doesn't offer anything truly big, but i think people misunderstood that this isn't actually a medieval simulator, it's a "couple of weeks after some historical event witnessed by some random person" simulator. The game ultimatly isn't about LARPing as such, it's mostly a storyfag game with some simuationist gameplay loop underneath it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's... not what i mean hurr durr.
"Making Prague would take them, like, a really long time"
"The game is in fact taking a really long time"
"hurr durr"

did I miss something

I thought you were taking jab at them being slow as fuck.

Doubt they are bulding Prauge, just saying.

Anyway, so i've been immortalized in a panting on the altar of the Church in Pribyslavitz. Me, the greatest thief to have ever lived in entirety of Bohemia. The scourge of the Cumans, killer of bandits and guards alike, fornicating with married women, drinking myself to oblivion every night. Ok then.

BTW, Shadowmare is a tricky bastard. I was shooting at bandits and i accidentally hit him in the head, and instantly he drops dead on the ground. After a few minutes of me standing there dumbfounded, he actually gets up and runs away lmao.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hahaha, so i was riding around Uzhitz and saw something near a barn next to a cow. I get close and there's a bottle of spirits, a bouquet of flowers and an amor potion you can actually pick up.

This game redefines the meaning of "hand crafted" content and the whole map is one giant argument against randomly generated content.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Dan discovered new TV show

Since I'm old and have a fairly fundamental problem with most modern progressive ESG (find out what that is, it's pretty interesting) crap, I'm starting to add to my knowledge of old stuff I haven't seen yet out of desperation and hunger for something good.
And I found this. Space: 1999. The 1975 British version of Star Trek. And it totally blew me away. I thought it was going to be some kind of cheap bizzare, but it looks better than the original Star Trek, and it's been remastered perfectly into HD, so it's got a great picture and you can appreciate the beautiful and really well crafted models of all those rockets and planets. And the first episode stars Brian Blessed, who you know from KCD! On uloz.to there is also a version with dubbing by a Polish dubber, as connoisseurs are used to!
The plot is indeed luxurious. The series is as old as I am, and as the title says, it takes place in 1999, when nuclear waste is a big problem. There's no more room for it on Earth, so it's stored on the moon. Unfortunately, however, an unexpected accident occurs in which an explosion of waste blasts the moon deep into the galaxy with the 311-strong crew of Alpha Base. The crew is trapped on the moon, hurtling at high speed across the galaxy, with no hope of returning home.
If only the boys knew we'd ban all those nuke plants!

I hope the sequel introduces pole weapons, and big battles take place out in the fields, not just during scripted story sequences. There is supposed to be a war going on but you don't see mounted warbands roaming across the bands or knights patrolling territory, or armies going out to capture territory or besiege castles. NPC companions/followers would also be nice (either as noble retainers to Henry, or a small squad of troops assigned to him, or mercenaries you can hire). The combat system is designed for 1v1s, but outside of story battles you are almost always outnumbered and the crappy autolockon system keeps bouncing you back and forth between the two or three guys beating up on you, which is exacerbated by the animation stunlocks.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Dan discovered new TV show

Since I'm old and have a fairly fundamental problem with most modern progressive ESG (find out what that is, it's pretty interesting) crap, I'm starting to add to my knowledge of old stuff I haven't seen yet out of desperation and hunger for something good.
And I found this. Space: 1999. The 1975 British version of Star Trek. And it totally blew me away. I thought it was going to be some kind of cheap bizzare, but it looks better than the original Star Trek, and it's been remastered perfectly into HD, so it's got a great picture and you can appreciate the beautiful and really well crafted models of all those rockets and planets. And the first episode stars Brian Blessed, who you know from KCD! On uloz.to there is also a version with dubbing by a Polish dubber, as connoisseurs are used to!
The plot is indeed luxurious. The series is as old as I am, and as the title says, it takes place in 1999, when nuclear waste is a big problem. There's no more room for it on Earth, so it's stored on the moon. Unfortunately, however, an unexpected accident occurs in which an explosion of waste blasts the moon deep into the galaxy with the 311-strong crew of Alpha Base. The crew is trapped on the moon, hurtling at high speed across the galaxy, with no hope of returning home.
If only the boys knew we'd ban all those nuke plants!
Space: 1889 was better.

space-1889-gdw.jpg
space1899.jpg

70497-space-1889-amiga-front-cover.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom