Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i tried Perkaholic and predictably it just makes the game even easier but i'm somewhat unsatisfied with the perks available in this game and wanted to see if spicing them up made building your character more interesting, but this mod just adds even more cheese. Thing is, many of the basic perks don't seem that useful or it doesn't feel there's much of a choice, a few become redundant over time (like the ones where you get a bonus to some stat at the expense of another, which becomes a net negative once you max out a stat since skills can't go over 20?), some seem detrimental (like boar, which allows to injure people if you bump on them with the horse, which as an Italian driver it is a no no, or that dreadful perk which is just obnoxious. Why would i want my loot to run away?) and over all i'm sort of indifferent to most of them. Some stats i haven't even bothered picking up any perks as there don't seem to be any decent choices and it bothers me to leave all those skills neglected like that, and it's not like something modders can fix it because modders are retarded.

For a future playthough i might use that Perkaholic mod and halve the XP gain for all skills which perhaps might balance things out. Late game is probably going to be a cake walk no matter what i do but the early portion of the game ought to be more interesting. Wish there were some mods to improve the AI, make stealth or crime more difficult etc. I mean the encounter AI is really abysmal sometimes i shoot one in the face and he doesn't even come after me and with 20 stealth i can pretty much run into a camp, choke somebody and people looking straight at me five away don't even notice it (meanwhile they can hear a stealth kill five miles away lmao) i mean come on. Stealth was great in the beginning when but now its as trivial as the rest of the combat is.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, today i found some empty shack with a series of ladders that kept going down and down and at some point i half expected to end up in this game's version of Blighttown but eventually i just came out of a mining shaft. Found a neat chest on the way down at least.

Paul_cz

Arcane
This guy thinks that Embracer Group (the owner of Warhorse Studios) expects Kingdom Come 2 to release in the second half of 2023.
It is accurate, next year the game will be talked about, so it makes sense they would aim at fall 2023 for release.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Holy crap i just tried the True Slav perk lmao i got past the half point of drunkness just by drinking wine after a saviour schnapp. It's now forcing me to be more careful with the latter as saving a couple times in a row makes me completely smashed. I kinda like it, especially if i pick perks that benefit from drunkness.

I still think they need to rework the perk system in the sequel. Need to make choices more meaningful, even at max skill level. Right now half the perks are pointless, some become outright negative once you max out your stats (some potions too are pointless at that point), some are too good to pass up and the whole system feels sort of out there, like they didn't put much thought in it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, King's Silver was a big disappointment. I was expecting a bigger quests but instead its short, clearly unfinished and some parts seem to be broken. Scouting around the Skalitz mines and villages was kinda fun though. For a brief while it felt like was playing a fantasy RPG with dungeons and shit.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Tsk, removed Perkaholic. Way too much cheese. Fucking modders. One thing that could have used an improvement and they fuck it up.

BTW, i tried Boar and you can basically kill people now by bumping into them with the horse. Lmao the fuck.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Man, Master Ota was beating my ass for a bit i had to step up my parry game. Turns out though you don't get any armor from Zach unless you make him reveal who is he making the sheets of copper for BEFORE picking up Rattled. It seems All that Gilesters gets intertwined with the latter but if you do that you don't get the armor reward. Stealing Ota's armor appears to be the easiest way to finish Rattled as you get both armors but you miss out on the fight with Ota though i already did it before my reload so i guess i've already "experienced" that part of the game. At first it seems Vitus's armor is better but Ota's armor is a chain piece that goes on a different slot so it's hard to actually compare the two. Vitus armor adds only 10 noise and i haven't repaired yet myself so it seems it may be among the best pieces of armor for stealth characters.

I then went to look for the guy i'm supposed to talk to about the ama... amal... whatever and i looked for him for half an hour until i gave up and checked where the quest log was pointing to on the map. I go there and there's nothing. I go upstairs and end up in the monastery, and after i walk out i see like a dozen guards rushing in and get arrested for failing to heed a "warning" i never actually recieved from anyone. Nobody saw me breaking in or opening the locks, the AI just knew. So i reload again and i now noticed a suspicious door with a suspicious barrel in front of it that i can't interact with. Mmmmh, shit be suspicious yo i may have to come back in the night.

True Slav perk is amazing btw it totally fixes cheesing Saviour Schnapps. If i don't want to get wasted now i have to wait a bit for drunkness to go down again before i can save one more time which is great since i lack all self-control and i was already save scumming like crazy after learning Routine II at the alchemy tree and brewing about a million of those things. Of course, i ended up adding cheesiness elsewhere since i also picked True Passage which allows you to just hoard as much as you want then you can "pass out" from drunkness and wake up in your own bed but whatever, the only time that seems useful iis f you are just farming bandits in Skalitz and shove their loot in the chest in your original house. You'd have to be beyond autistic to pull that trick after every random encounter.

[EDIT] Just found the Overseer's hand walking around lmao so that door with the barrel meant nothing. Disappointment.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i drop some spoiled meat in Sassau and some guard picks it up. Man, what do they pay those poor people, nothing i guess.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Sometimes i don't get how quests work in this game. I talk to Florian, which triggers the Damnsel in Distress quest. I then confront Rapota outside, catch up with him as he tries to flee, but after he surrenders the Damsel in Distress quest fails. What's the logic there? Or is it a bug?

Hellion

Arcane
20221126220022_1.jpg

Based.

In addition to investing into Longswords (no shield) for regular fighting on my current playthrough, I found a dagger around and started practicing stealth kills after seeing Theresa do it in her Woman's Lot quest. It's the most amazing thing ever, you go into any bandit camp at 2-3 a.m., stealth kill the 1-2 patrolling sentries then pretty much kill everyone in their sleep. I can't believe I somehow missed these stealth possibilities when playing back in 2018-19.

Sometimes i don't get how quests work in this game. I talk to Florian, which triggers the Damnsel in Distress quest. I then confront Rapota outside, catch up with him as he tries to flee, but after he surrenders the Damsel in Distress quest fails. What's the logic there? Or is it a bug?

I believe you are supposed to rescue Florian's girl before confronting Rapota. That's how I did this quest a few hours ago and it resolved properly.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah i did it this way too after reloading but still, why fail the Damnsel in Distress quest. Would be one thing if you weren't supposed to find out where Rapota is before talking to Florian, but not only does the game tell you where he is even before that but he is right there in full daylight too, kinda hard to miss him and makes you wonder what the Florian step is even needed for.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
In addition to investing into Longswords (no shield) for regular fighting on my current playthrough, I found a dagger around and started practicing stealth kills after seeing Theresa do it in her Woman's Lot quest. It's the most amazing thing ever, you go into any bandit camp at 2-3 a.m., stealth kill the 1-2 patrolling sentries then pretty much kill everyone in their sleep. I can't believe I somehow missed these stealth possibilities when playing back in 2018-19.

You get a serial killer achievement once you do that enough times too lul.

behold_a_man

Educated
A bug it is. To make things even better, you can talk to Rapota before starting "Rattled" and "Damsel in Distress" - then you won't be able do do any of them.

After finishing the game, I think that this game suffers from lack of reactivity in some quests:
1) You can commit a mass murder in Prybislavitz during the "Nest of Vipers" quest, that isn't acknowledged in any way
2) Same goes for Vranik. Which is a shame, since skipping the terrible endgame and going straight to the epilogue would be a splendid and logical reward for solving the Vranik problem.
3) In the quest "If You Can't Beat 'em" - Henry, wearing an armor worth 30k groschen, 10-times winner of the tournament from the company of sir Radzig Kobyla, and a bailiff of Prybislavitz casually tells a bandit, that he wants to join them - what could he expect? Of course, he just asks him to kill pious. I think it would make sense to make negative charisma checks in this game - i.e. the higher the charisma value, the lower the chance of a persuasion success in some cases. Also, no one suspected something fishy when I got to Vranik dressed like a lord preparing for a crusade.
4) Quest "Night Raid" - no matter what you do, you cannot change the outcome of a mission.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bleh, Ulrich just leaves at the end. He won't join Sir Razdig and i guess it means he is out of the game now. I wanted him to be my new best buddy but he just leaves why *cries*

The "raid" was hilarious. He didn't aggro anyone unless i did, and since i have 20 stealth now i just waltzed through the camp two feet away from all the bandits and ran into the mine shaft without a single one of them noticing, with Ulrich at my heels. I then took point inside the mine tunnels and killed anyone with a couple of stabs from Stinger before Urlich managed to hit a single one of them. Next time i'll have to find a way to lower XP gain the game is so easy now it has lost a lot of its luster.

Tobias told me to get some "rest" which means it's going to be another 50 hours now before i report to Radzig.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW i'm rethinking picking up True Slav. I drank one spirits to replenish some energy and the drunkness meter went all the way until i passed out. That's... a bit much lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, speaking of best buddies the fuck is Capon. Haven't seen him forever when can i pick up some other quests from him?

Hellion

Arcane
By default, Capon chills either in Pirkstein castle or one of the taverns in Rattay. I think there's a "quest giver" icon at his location on the map when he has a quest. Or the DLC icon for his DLC quest of course.

If he's not there, you probably left him hanging someplace and he's waiting to begin a quest. Like the Robber Baron quest, in which case he's hanging in the other castle courtyard were the tourneys take place.

Hellion

Arcane
The final battle in the Band of Bastards DLC is gamebryo-level retarded.

Some of Kuno's peeps kept getting ganked or one-shotted (for a guy called "The Stone" he sure is easy to kill) and the archer dude didn't even equip a weapon and just charged at platemail-equiped bandits with his fists. Also, while fighting, Kuno's men keep barging into your field of view and possibly being injured by your hits, in which case after all the enemies are dead Kuno's gang becomes hostile and starts to fight you. I had to replay the battle 30 times in order to keep everyone alive and friendly in the end.

Interesting bunch of characters though, even though the ending was rather abrupt.

Now I only have Johanka's DLC quest to do before proceeding to the endgame.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So every since i started playing, i noticed that every single time i go to the blacksmith in Rattay he is never there, but is always seen coming back from somewhere every time i approach the forge. It's supper annoying as every single time i need something from him i always have to wait, and i also have to wait outside the forge otherwise the AI goes into that whole "what are you doing here" routine and i have to wait for ever for it to reset it.

So today i ride past the forge and of course he isn't there. I go to the tarven to look for Capon and who do i see? The blacksmith. So that's how it is hey? Maybe i should go tell his wife.

I scouted everywhere but i can't find Capon. Can't see his horse either. For a second i got worried i broke the game somehow and i locked myself out of his quests. On a hunch i decided to try the bathhouse and what do i see parked inside? Capon's horse lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mmmh, final confirmation that i jumped the gun by visiting Capon right off instead of waiting after i saved him from the bandits. Not only i missed the part where i tell him about my exploits during our bath but now it seems it's tied to what follows after. Basically, the game expects you to pick up Next to Godliness way later, right after Questions and Answers and the whole Pestilence thing. Having done Next to Godliness in what feels like 600 hours ago, it's a bit wierd to follow up from that now.

This is the kind of game that won't be the same on a second playthrough but at least now i know how to actually follow the main quest so as to avoid those immersion braking discrepancies.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, it's been forever since i finished Pestilence and there's still no horses in Merhojed, but today i talked to Jolanka and she mentioned something about Mattew being sick. I think the horses didn't reset yet because i still have to finish something in this quest. That, or i'm locked out of that for the rest of the game. I'm supposed to steal a horse there for one of the millers but i'm not sure if it's doable now if the horses never come back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom