Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Larianshill

Arbiter
A Woman's Lot. I think that both storylines there are excellent, although Johanka's is better than Theresa's.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So after finishing up In God's Hands and Pestilence back to back i figured i could take a small break before reporting to Radzig and as i go chilling in the Inn what do i meet, Mathew and Fritz up to some shenanigans again and now i'm reading through another butt load of quest dialogs.

Funny thing i told Firtz i had settled his problem with Elias by telling him to go apologize to the guy and i expected him to get mad at me. Knowing Fritz i figured the "correct" solution was to pay Elias myself (and get scolded for it all the same) but i wanted to see Fritz's reaction at having to prostrate himself at the guy and ask for forgiveness but instead he was quite happy and i don't even get to learn what happened between them. I smell this quest was supposed to go in another direction but they ran out of time. Whoever said there's more than enough quests in this game wasn't kidding though i can't believe they keep popping up i did so many i almost expected i'd have the run of the main quest from now on free of any side activity but i guess i was wrong. At first i was somewhat disappointed at how small the map was even though i get why they could have never have let us visit Prague or anything major like that but i clocked 200 hours in this thing and there's still no end in sight.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I already dislike Theresa since she acted like a bitch in some of the dialogue options plus she ugly.

It's a matter of haircut I believe:

alikwyhz24l61.jpg

her model looks good:

416ca51bab6ac877b36746390e13d1df.jpg
her real actor >>> her face model

Mmm....Theresa.

The girl Vavra was saying wasn't attractive is better looking than that one.

Imagine being a good looking woman and called ugly by an old fat ugly man like Vavra.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
He said what about what girl and why?

I don't remember if it was on this thread, but he posted a pic(a mugshot) of a woman, asking if we found her attractive, and said he doesn't think she is and compared her to Angelina Jolie(thus implying he thinks Jolie is ugly aswell). He was looking for models advice IIRC and that girl was probably either auditioned or picked by someone from his staff to serve as a model for the game.

I remember I got in an argument with a female poster here right after I disagreed with him(something to do about me asking Vavra to bring me to Prague nights with him because if that girl was bellow his standards he must be a huge playboy).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Angelina Jolie isn't ugly but i find that "excessive" beauty to be, well, excessive, and a lot of empty brained thots strive to achieve that kinda of look through ton of make up or even surgeries.

Outward formal perfection isn't the only criteria for beauty and in most cases the shallowness of the person shines through even the most perfect and symmetrical facial features which is a recurring theme with a lot of those plastic celebrities. There's nothing that makes me cringe more than portrait packs for an RPG that include touched up pictures of famous actors or singers. There used to be a ton of these for BG back in the day. Maybe that's what Vavra was trying to go for i don't know. It's interesting that the two romantic interestes in the game aren't super beauties. Theresa is a bit comely as you'd expect a peasant to be and Lady Stephanie definitely looks older than Henry. Clearly Vavra was trying to avoid any idealized "Hollwyood" look.

Last edited:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Angelina Jolie isn't ugly but i find that "excessive" beauty to be, well, excessive, and a lot of empty brained thots strive to achieve that kinda of look through ton of make up or even surgeries.

Outward formal perfection isn't the only criteria for beauty and in most cases the shallowness of the person shines through even the most perfect and symmetrical facial features which is a recurring theme with a lot of those plastic celebrities. There's nothing that makes me cringe more than portrait packs for an RPG that include touched up pictures of famous actors or singers. There used to be a ton of these for BG back in the day. Maybe that's what Vavra was trying to go for i don't know. It's interesting that the two romantic interestes in the game aren't super beauties. Theresa is a bit comely as you'd expect a peasant to be and Lady Stephanie definitely looks older than Henry. Clearly Vavra was trying to avoid any idealized "Hollwyood" look.

I'm almost sure you replied to Vavra and disagreed with him aswell.

There was no "excessive beauty" at all. It was a very attractive slav girl and that was pretty clear even if the picture was taken in non-optimal conditions(like I said, it was a mugshot).

She looked more or less like this but had thicker lips and eyebrows IIRC

main-qimg-c171331b8884433bbfbca58b76c44c74.webp

I know I was right because there were quite a few codexers agreeing with Vavra.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i have zero memory of that conversation if i ever saw it (but then me having no memory is nothing new) i was just thinking of a possible rationale, the obvious one being that sometimes "plastic" beauties aren't appreciated even if techically speaking their features are objectively perfect.

Of course, if that's not the case it begs the question of what the hell he was actually trying to go for.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Found the post and the pic. It was on the Pre-release thread.

"We're looking for a pretty young chick for the game, the problem is we can't agree on what is "pretty". This one for instance. Is she pretty? Is she a good pick for the role of a sexy, romantic heroine? Do you find her attractive? Because I don't. To me this photo looks like a mugshot of Angelina Jolie after being arrested for going nuts on crack and beating someone with a sledghammer."

b45360d933ee1753c43d0421bb78e9df.jpg

"she ugly me no attracted"

Daniel_V%C3%A1vra_SJK.png

QGLzcJP.png

uEQnkFT.png

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, she definitely does look like a mug shot of Angelina Jolie to be honest. Not technically "ugly" and probably just an unflattering picture to begin with but i can see why he didn't think something like that would be a good fit for a "pretty" romantic interest (i mean that woman has a more masculine jaw than Henry does lmao). He does fumble his argument by using the word "sexy" though. Sexy and pretty are not necessarely synonymous with one another.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Well, she definitely does look like a mug shot of Angelina Jolie to be honest. Not technically "ugly" and probably just an unflattering picture to begin with but i can see why he didn't think something like that would be a good fit for a "pretty" romantic interest (i mean that woman has a more masculine jaw than Henry does lmao). He does fumble his argument by using the word "sexy" though. Sexy and pretty are not necessarely synonymous with one another.

Well, he thought this was apparently:

D1z1hGiWoAAAXdz

Not that I find her ugly(I've had a girlfriend who looked like a blonde version of her) but IMO the girl he called unattractive is much better looking.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Btw she turned a little different in-game, eh?(and not for good)

qwdtR1p.jpg

Peak love interest for middle ages set videogames.

To each his own, I guess. Some people are attracted to goats(especially in the middle ages) so who am I to judge?

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"We're looking for a pretty young chick for the game, the problem is we can't agree on what is "pretty". This one for instance. Is she pretty? Is she a good pick for the role of a sexy, romantic heroine? Do you find her attractive? Because I don't. To me this photo looks like a mugshot of Angelina Jolie after being arrested for going nuts on crack and beating someone with a sledghammer."
Saying that in a locker room would be pushing it but hanging it publicly on the webz for everyone to see....I can't even. What an idiotic thing to say, for so many reasons.

Harthwain

Magister
Heh. You'd sacrifice a litter of kittens to Agrael if he gave her to you as your gf.
In the state as listed she's uninteresting. I'd advise her getting a different haircut ASAP. Hitting the gym would help a lot, too.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So Matthew and Fritz want to rob bandits and cumans. You mean that shit i've been doing since day one, why, sign me up.

Modron

Arcane
Quoting myself on the subject of that lady last time it came up (plus bonus points for cvv's standards dropping :D).
It's not that the chick is ugly or something. Pretty sure it's someone's type (not mine). That's beside the point tho. She's not what I'd imagine if you said "sexy, sparky romantic heroine". She'd be great as a cold, spoiled, slightly sadistic princess :D
Eh that is probably just the mugshot-esque headshot speaking, any expression whatsoever would improve upon that stone face look.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, talk about bad luck i'm at the part in All That Glisters where i have to chase that German knight. I had to reload three times because i kept getting entangled in the bushes so i couldn't get to him then on the fourth try i finally catch up to him and while i'm having a nice duel a whole group of bandits just comes strolling in with dogs and everything lmao.

I like that cinematic with Radzig where he talks about earthly trials essentially being a test, which is basically a Catholic belief and not a Protestard one (since under Protestantism our merits or lack of thereof mean nothing only accepting Christ can save you what you do and what you are are irrelevant). I'm also starting to suspect there's more going on between him and Henry than what the game is letting on. I mean i thought about that right from the get go but i kept waiting to see if the game gave some clues. It hasn't yet, but its sure peculiar how much interest Razdig seems to have for Henry. Then again, my Henry is one man army Cuman murdering machine you'd think i'd be knighted by now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom