Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao, like, lol, i totally used Al-Buraq to win the race then switched to that one that looks like Pebbles to get to the finish line.

I mean, technically. Al-Buraq is from Neuhof so its technically totally legit and was not cheating.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Hooo, just met a bigger wayfaring knight. New encounter type yay. And yes, after i beat him i did chocke him out to check his shit but i reloaded as he doesn't have much of interest aside for the chest piece i just won in the first place.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Nooooooo i have one dead cuman on my combat log WTF. There goes the Merciful achievement. I reloaded all my saves but in order to fix it i have to go so far back its not worth it. And i think i know how i fucked up too, chocking someone as they are about to die of poison counts as a kill. I saw that happen a few times that they dropped dead while i was holding them in my arms and it counted as a kill and i guess i must have fucked up one of those as i don't remember killing anyone in any other way.

Guess i can just respect my perks now and go full murder. I think once i'll finish the game i'll use one of those saves from Nexus mods to get the achievement as it's not worth trying again. I ain't gonna redo the Bandit/Cuman camp and Baptism of Fire again like this. Took a tens of reloads to get though those without killing anyone once was enough.

Beowulf

Arcane
Nooooooo i have one dead cuman on my combat log WTF. There goes the Merciful achievement. I reloaded all my saves but in order to fix it i have to go so far back its not worth it. And i think i know how i fucked up too, chocking someone as they are about to die of poison counts as a kill. I saw that happen a few times that they dropped dead while i was holding them in my arms and it counted as a kill and i guess i must have fucked up one of those as i don't remember killing anyone in any other way.

Guess i can just respect my perks now and go full murder. I think once i'll finish the game i'll use one of those saves from Nexus mods to get the achievement as it's not worth trying again. I ain't gonna redo the Bandit/Cuman camp and Baptism of Fire again like this. Took a tens of reloads to get though those without killing anyone once was enough.
God sees everything and that's how he punishes you for reloading your kills, murderer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i banged Lady Stephanie. This time cinematic cuts tastefully at the right time. Tempted not to bother reloading. Fucking up the Merciful achievement deflated my resolve to bother with the rest anymore. It was going SOOO well. Hilariously, who do i meet as soon as i get out of her room? Sir Davish lmao.

BTW, now that i can kill people the game has become a hundred thousand times easier. I still stealth around but i no longer have the looming threat of enemies waking up after being choked. Still, it's a refreshing change of pace i met a group of guards fighting bandits and this time i jumped in like i was fucking zorro, got the rep for helping them and got out with the loot in a flash. No reloading five times becuase i accidentally killed someone.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lmao wtf so i meet a mercenary who wants to duel. I think, those new encounters must be because i'm leveling up my warfare skill so i figured this is gonna be tough. Two strikes in i pock him once in the face and he drops dead. Seriously bro, why challenge people if you suck.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So there's no more dialog options with Lady Stephanie. She basically won't talk to me anymore. Why do i get the feeling she just used me to concieve a child for Sir Davish and she ditched me afterwards like the peasant i am.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, so i waited a day to get my prize for the tourney and i had to pass a speech check to get it. Sometimes i'm amazed at the attention to details in this game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Really, the Necronomicon? Tell me how this game isn't written by euphoric fedoratards lmao. This is downright childish now.

I appreciate how there's no stupid shit like niggers in 14th century Europe, women knights/bandits etc which would have been fucking ridicolous, but as for the rest, there's too much try hard, people swear too much (i guess Vavra never had grandparents and doesn't understand that even if swearing was a thing its not like everbody did it all the time and even to strangers. Shit, its not like you see people swearing everywhere all the time in modern times either, and we live in a fairly more degenerate age than 14th century Bohemia), and while some parts of the main quest are surpisingly subtle, side quests are the usual juvenille RPG fair (though the gameplay loop of the game prevents them from getting boring. The thieving quests are all basically standad fetch quests except in each one the game turns into Thief the Dark Project so it's not that bad).

I'm ambivalent on the writing on this game. It's better than most modern gaymes, but that's not exactly an high bar. And of course the euphoric treatment of everything related to religion is pretty triggering. I haven't done the monastery quests yet, but from what i gather the monks are greedy, the stonemasons are being cheated, the scribe under Sir Davis is portrayed as a naive buffoon for thinking the monks motives are beyond reproach etc etc. And of course i have yet to meet a priest who wasn't a degenerate, like Godwin, or a coward, like the guy from Sasau whom you can even bribe to get him to come back etc. The grimdark in this game is starting to get a bit monotonous every quest has to have a darker side to it at this point its getting predictable and i know where shit is gonna go two seconds into each quest.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
...Is a Friend in Need was nice. Nice multiple ways to accomplish it.

Playing with the Devil, another quest obviously written by a snotty 13 years old fedora tard. Hurr durr we need to put the ointment in our cunts derp. So teh funny.

And whoever wrote this was so proud of their "bad trip" sequence that you can't even back out of it. You are asked to watch and not intervene... then you are told to intervene reguardless. If you stay still the quest fails, and both Godfrey and the herb woman have no more dialog after that. If you intervene you get the bad trip sequence, get to kill two bandits and lose reputation with both Godfrey and the herb woman. The fuck is this easily the shittiest quest in the whole game.

Codex Year of the Donut
Playing with the Devil, another quest obviously written by a snotty 13 years old fedora tard. Hurr durr we need to put the ointment in our cunts derp. So teh funny.
I remember hating this quest so much I took a break from playing for a few weeks afterwards
fix the quest with the
witches in the woods,
it's too railroaded and you have your choice taken from you

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Did Vavra wrote those sides quests or did he delegate that to some intern? He doesn't seem to be the type to write such immature drivel.

I reloaded the game again, trying to knock out the "devils" instead of killing them but in the middle of the fight the quest completes and now the women are dead. You get two dialog options with Godfrey, one of which he accuse you of being a coward and you lose reputation and one where you can complete the quest but it still feels like you failed it somehow. I still lose rep with the herb woman for letting the women die. I honestly don't even get how the devs wanted you to actually finish this. No matter what you do it ends up badly.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, that's one of those moments, where the quality takes a big dip. But I don't remember any other quest being that poorly treated.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Did Vavra wrote those sides quests or did he delegate that to some intern?
Afaik he wrote most of the main quest, sidequests were done by others, but I don't doubt he approved them.
I found this sidequest kinda hilarious in its fucked updness, but it is somewhat too rigid.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Did Vavra wrote those sides quests or did he delegate that to some intern?
Afaik he wrote most of the main quest, sidequests were done by others

That explains a lot.

Also saying that he "approved" them is a relative thing. Maybe those quests are the best they could come up and he had no choice but to approve them. He should have written the whole game the drop off in quality between main quest and side quests is kinda jarring.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
He should have written the whole game
That's physically impossible for a game of this scope.

Maybe he needed to share credits with somebody else who is also not shit at writing, but i guess it is what it be.

BTW even with all the mods i have installed the game is starting to become a cake walk. Henry is a fucking angel of death and destruction i almost feel pity for the bandits and the Cumans i slaugther. Maybe a mod that reduces XP gain would help but the only one i found is no longer supported by the current patch, the "More XP" mod which actually has a component that halves XP gain (which may or may not stack with the Numbskull HC perk).

SlamDunk

Arcane
The lack of news is concerning.
Four years(!) ago there was some leaking of information from the community manager confirming KC2 and that it's a direct continuation from KCD, but Warhorse has been dead silent ever since. A very strict non-disclosure agreement tends to do that.

On the same note: it's now 24 days until https://thegameawards.com. Perhaps there will be a surprise Kingdom Come 2 teaser?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Was looking at some of the comments in the Immersion & Combat mod and somebody suggested adding those lines in the rpg_param__BCAIC.xml to make stealth a bit more difficult:

<row rpg_param_key="PerceptionMaxFov" rpg_param_value="90" />
<row rpg_param_key="MinLightProbeVisibility" rpg_param_value="0.1" />

I still haven't learned how to make masterstrikes or combos with the mod. I can win fights no problem now but either i need to get good or the timings of this mod are too much. I noticed a lot of overcompensation in other places already (like the clinch nerf, the logic being that since the player gets a free strike for winning a clinch and the AI doesn't, clinching is stacked massively in favor of the AI but that makes it super unrealistic since Henry cannot win a clinch no matter what. It also seems the author hasn't considered unharmed fighting where the AI can just bash your head over and over in a clinch), but i'm weary of making too many changes as even without MS or combos the game really isn't that hard, even with all the nerfs the mods make.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm doing the Pestilence quest and i got sent to meet this Jolanka or whatever and Henry acts like he knows her, but all the time i'm like, who bitch this is.

So i googled it and apparently you get to meet her in the Woman's Lot DLC, which i totally forgot about. I loaded it once but as soon as i saw i was in the wombyns body i noped out of it as i wasn't interested. I figured maybe later i'd care to try it, then forgot it exists. I already dislike Theresa since she acted like a bitch in some of the dialogue options plus she ugly. Lady Stephanie is ugly too and older than Henry. Seems like Henry isn't as much of a Chad as you think. Very early in the game i was told about some rich guy's daugther in Rattay whose father keeps her locked in the house but today i think is saw her walk around and she is indeed gorgeous looking. Why can't i bang her.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mmmh, Johanka is supposed to have a quest where you heal the sick, but she only had two quests, the one for Pestilence and one about Fritz and Matthew. Wonder if the nursing quest becomes available after Pestilence or if i should have done it before picking that.

Krivol

Magister
I already dislike Theresa since she acted like a bitch in some of the dialogue options plus she ugly.

It's a matter of haircut I believe:

alikwyhz24l61.jpg

her model looks good:

416ca51bab6ac877b36746390e13d1df.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom