Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
i'm arguing against is the idea anything BUT the material is meaningless and of no importance, which is clearly the perspective of the working class. I remember my grandfather used to tell me he would have gone to church only once he saw priests getting a job, which is clearly a materialist perspective who sees no value in invisible and trascendent realities.
Clearly is a very strong word
Have you done some kind of extensive study on the subject, or is simply the Italian working class insane?
Because even among irreligious people here, I've barely ever met anyone who holds such an extreme materialistic view

Also, it seems more to me that your grandfather just had a beef with the clergy, not he disbelieved in the immaterial
To also use a family example - my paternal great-grandmother stopped attending mass until her death, because she felt betrayed by her priest who broke the seal of confession to inform her husband

It's obvious that the relationship with material reality is a troubled one.
I would say the trouble arises when one puts primacy of the material over the immaterial and vice-versa - or worse rejects one, for the other
Christ's resurrection was both physical and spiritual and as far as I know, Christianity is the only major religion to believe in a physical form in the afterlife - as promised by Christ

it is an obvious reality that the Hindu notion of caste is true
Says you
History says that the caste system was one of the causes of Hindu decline

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
"History" says nothing of the like becuase there's no such thing as "history" in the first place. Everything is cyclical, "linear" progress or decline is a myth.

Beyond that, i'm not talking about the caste system as such, but the idea of "natural" castes which is an incontrovertible reality. People are "born" as Shudra, Kshatriya etc and no amount of social confusion is going to alter that fact, as seen in modern times where those "types" exist despite society pretending there is only one size fits all human "standard" that applies to all, which is clearly false on every level possible. And while there is no explicit notion of caste in Christianity, it's obvious that medieval people were aware of its existence:

Mittelalterliches_St%C3%A4ndebild_15._Jahrhundert.png

Brahmin > Kshatriya > Vaishya/Shudra. Same exact structure, totally by coincidence i'm sure.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
"History" says nothing of the like becuase there's no such thing as "history" in the first place. Everything is cyclical, "linear" progress or decline is a myth.
Says you
And Hindus I guess... :M

Feudalism was born out the late Roman Empire and developed from there because it thrives on efficient stratification
It has nothing with whatever pretentious trite you read from Schuon

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Alright, those videos show the difference between high level Henry and low level Henry on the tourney:

So i wasn't doing anything wrong low skill level is the reason those fights took so long. It's amazing how broken masterstrikes were that i was able to just brush through the tourney with ease despite the fact my combat skills are still very low.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i decided to give the full version of the mod a spin for a while, minus some stuff like that thing that removes icons from the map (a bit much i think, why not remove the map altoghether, even more realism!), and the medieval time keeping which for now i don't feel like figuring out (later i will try it).

I'm curious about the mod that changes the encounters. I met some dudes that were decked out with expensive gear near Uzhitz which was kinda of wierd. The mod description says the mobs will be scaled to mid-tier, which may or may not make the game easier i'm not sure but will also mix high geared enemies mixed with low geared ones, so as to avoid the Oblivion level scaling effect of every bandit running around with full plate by the time you reach the level cap or something.

The weight reduction hurts the most lmao my OCD is kicking in about not being able to loot everything but at the same time most of the stuff bandits have on is rarely worth keeping and gold is easiy to make anyway.

I'm also going to try the following tweaks:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-modding-thread.126473/#post-6034566

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, reverted to the lite version. Weight reduction is too obnoxious and all the nourishment stuff plus a lot of the other crap in the full mod is pretty irrelevant to me.

Wonder if i can just drop the random encounter adjustements into the lite version of the mod. PorkyThePaladin come help me out here.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok so it took me the whole day (both in game and in real life lmao) to sell all the crap i've been hoarding and was too lazy to get rid of and i ended up with 26k Groschen total. WTF i had no idea i had so much cash in garbage gear.

I think i'm starting to see the reasoning of limiting weight so much. Guess i can try the full mod again for a while and see what its like having to decide what to take from bodies or not. Ok so running the full mod with Porky's changes except i'm omitting the food alterations (20 energy loss from pots? No thanks i wasn't eating from them in the first place and that's with the minor energy loss from the base game this mod would just write out pots from the game altoghether just like it writes out clinch. Don't get why modders always have to overcompensate to excess) and the alcohol nerf is pointless as i never abused it. I also have a mod that keeps you clean longer after doing laundry on your clothes (kinda retarded that you get dirty on your trip from the bathhouse to Rattay never understood the point). Finally, i have a mod that changes herb picking to first person view, which i think fits the game better. Ho, and of course the slowmo removal thingy. I have included the LessAIMasterStrikes component but i'm not sure if that's needed with the Better Combant & Immersion mod.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think i'm starting to see the reasoning of limiting weight so much.
That's one way to fix the economy in this game.

But it'd be way better to fix merchants instead. At the very least fences like Peshek should've had limited gold, instead of the opposite - the more you sell him the more gold he has. It's ridiculous. If that was the case you could hoard stolen shit all you wanted but it'd be pointless coz nobody would buy it from you. Just like IRL I bet.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, Reeky quest was fun. Did it straight, checked all the locations, then found Reeky alive but i couldn't do the bandits. I mean i could kill them and save them but that's obviously a no no if i want to get the merciful achievement. So i reloaded to where i heard them talking to the inn and sure enough i was able to follow them. I haven't gotten to Reeky yet but i have a feeling they won't show up again after Mutt chewed their naked balls. This game has some bright moments on how to deal with quests.

BTW, poison on your weapon is a hit and miss it seems to work better with arrows. I got all the poison perks possible, the one that makes poison last longer, the one that increases poison if the weapon is damaged, and i also got the tin can perk whatever its called that damages their armor but its really hard to get it right because i can never tell if i got through their armor and actually cut their skin. Sometimes i kite them for what seems forever then i stab them a few more times thinking the poison didn't got through and they then drop to the ground dead. I'm also thinking poisoning hammers might be better than poisoning swords. If hammers crack through armor more easily it seems like they would be a better choice.

And of course multiple enemies are impossible to poison like this which is why it's likely impossible to save Reeky on a merciful run as the idiot just charges them instantly and doesn't allow me to sneak up on them. Luckily, it seems the game has the solution, heh.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, one question, do objects disappear if you put them in a chest that isn't your chest? Like if i raid a bandit camp and put the stuff i can't carry in their chest, how much time do i have if i want to come back and clean house?

Today i also learned that if you go for the "few days" option in tarvens you basically rent the place forever lmao. Fucking hell i wish i had known from the start.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BTW, one question, do objects disappear if you put them in a chest that isn't your chest? Like if i raid a bandit camp and put the stuff i can't carry in their chest, how much time do i have if i want to come back and clean house?
Hm, dead bodies definitely despawn but IIRC items don't.

That said I've seen NPCs helping themselves to some dropped loot they walked by. So items on the ground aren't exactly safe.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho lawd, on the way to Timmy i met the faint-hearted knight again. Since my only weapon is a poisoned one, i didn't want to risk killing the poor guy so told him to go look for a virgin or something instead lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Bard potion saves the day with that fucking bandit leader and his ludicriously high speech checks. Lucky i saved before talking to the girl or Timmy would be dead as none of the dialog options led anywhere except me revealing the location (or fight them i guess, which isn't an option).

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hm, dead bodies definitely despawn but IIRC items don't.

That said I've seen NPCs helping themselves to some dropped loot they walked by. So items on the ground aren't exactly safe.
Yeah I remember hoarding items in one of the chests in the Talmberg stable. No issues there.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm off to the bandit camp.

Reguarding when to postpone quests, is there such a thing as quests that expire without you having them picked up? Timed quests is one thing, quests that just fail without you even know about them is another.

Right now i have to go sabotage the bandit camp and it feels like if i want to i could just spend weeks doing whatever, but if one were to roleplay the story line, it seems one should just rush through the whole thing. I heard after killing Runt the game tells you specifically to chill out so maybe that's when you are supposed to do side quests in terms of the "story". Still, the fact you can mention Baptism of Fire to Capon on your night out with him and the fact logically Henry would want to check on Capon at some point after the hunting quest seems to suggest you are really supposed to do the main storyline in a big hurry and then take a break after Runt is dead, enough that you got "time" to visit Capon etc.

We'll see how the "flow" of the story feels like killing Runt on my next playthrough i may try to just follow the logic of the game in a more realistic way and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i spent all night sneaking around the Cumans/Bandit camp, chocking everybody then killing them with poison or Mutt until by morning i had the run of the place for myself. I go start Baptism of Fire and they have all respawned lmao. Kinda of expect it though i told Radzig there was barely any men and when i got there i failed the quest big time. Since i can't kill anyone because of the merciful achievement everybody just got slaugthered. I guess i can ask for a lot more men (not sure what the repercussions are of that) or try again.

When i got to Talmberg that Lady woman wanted me to get gifts for a wedding in what apparently is a timed quest. Like, bitch, there's an army of Cumans and Bandits coming to take down the castle get the fuck away from me. I had to reload and walk around town ignoring everybody.

Ho, and i guess the monastery is corrupt too now hey? Broken record much? :hmmm:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't. Yes as a rule 3rd person is better for melee that is of course if you like your game to be an arcade and not a simulation. Dark Souls has great melee combat, but Dark Souls is a glorified MAME game and not at all what KCD is about.

The combat system in KCD is ALMOST there (hell, even as it is its already more interesting that the boring shit that's in Witcher, so much for muh third person). With a few adjustements to stuff like masterstrikes and some AI reworking during group fights it could well become the best first person melee combast system ever made in a game why the fuck would you want to make it into yet another third person action game. Aren't there too many of those already as it is.

Harthwain

Magister
Who would prefer a 3rd person view in the KCD sequel?

Not sure about online co-op thing, but I do love the aesthetic and combat looks very realistic. This could be a fun game. Thanks for the video.

Quillon

Arcane
Who would prefer a 3rd person view in the KCD sequel?

only for combat, KCD first person combat is not great, it just looks cool which is only good for potential customers' first impressions, its shit. they should force FP-exploration & force TP-combat :)

Zlaja

Arcane
Reguarding when to postpone quests, is there such a thing as quests that expire without you having them picked up? Timed quests is one thing, quests that just fail without you even know about them is another

I think that can happen so make sure to balance your playtime between MQ and SQ.

I heard after killing Runt the game tells you specifically to chill out so maybe that's when you are supposed to do side quests in terms of the "story".

Not really "chill out", but the part of the MQ that follows after the bandit camp is so drawn out and, in my opinion, a bit dull that you gotta mix in a fair amount of sidequest content at that point for the game not to get stale.

This OTS, off-centre third person camera is cancer

We have Resident Evil 4 to thank for this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, finally killed Runt.

I went in with my rogue gear thinking i could stealth my way ahead and maybe take down some of them (got a shit load of practice during the earlier quest). Big mistake the AI is scripted to just spot you no matter what. So i tried shooting them with poison arrows but i had to reload like 10 times because even though i used the lowest damage bow and the lowest damage arrows i still managed to one shot some of them. It's funny because if you scout ahead the enemies will just wait in place unless you get too close so i was able to just shoot each one in turn before engagements even begun.

Runt i fought totally dirty because the last thing i needed was to redo the whole thing. I pillored him with poison arrows then sparred with him with my poisoned short sword. Guy wasn't as hard as the dudes from the tourney lmao after a while i saw he couldn't parry shit which means the poison was slowing eating away at his stamina bar so i just went to town and beat the shit out of him. I love how Henry is completely obessed about getting the sword back but Radzig couldn't give less than a shit.

Anyway, guess i can chill out for a bit before picking up the main quest now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom