Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

deama

Prophet
I wonder if this is going to be the year when they'll finally announce KCD2.

VerSacrum

Educated
I'm excited for the release of Manor Lords and still have hope for KCD2 so I did another one with a Radzig flag and Talmberg heraldic shield
The scale is 1/24 (75mm)

1.jpg

SlamDunk

Arcane
VerSacrum

All of your paint jobs on this thread have been excellent so far. I just wish that the photograps would have been posted at a lot higher resolution. I'd like to scrutinize the details, you see.

Zanzoken

Arcane
I started a 2nd playthrough recently and have enjoyed getting reacquainted with KCD for a few days.

Like I'm sure is the case for many of us, one of my favorite aspects of the game is the equipment and getting Henry fitted with some proper arms and armor. For the early campaign I wanted to adopt a style that was more reminiscent of elite soldiers like Robard and Bernard, instead of going straight to a full suit of plate (which seems to be mostly reserved to noblemen). I'm happy with the results and think Henry is looking pretty sharp.

Full kit for heavy combat, travel, and exploration

hu4zB1Y.png

Headgear gets stored when in town

kH8dsAA.png

However I have to admit I'm having trouble finding the motivation to keep going. The combat gets facerolly once you are geared up and can just spam master strikes, and the story is not that interesting and lacks C&C. Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot and enjoyed it thoroughly the first time through. I am just questioning whether it's worth fully replaying.

Maybe I will try a few mods and see how that goes.

I started a 2nd playthrough recently and have enjoyed getting reacquainted with KCD for a few days.

Like I'm sure is the case for many of us, one of my favorite aspects of the game is the equipment and getting Henry fitted with some proper arms and armor. For the early campaign I wanted to adopt a style that was more reminiscent of elite soldiers like Robard and Bernard, instead of going straight to a full suit of plate (which seems to be mostly reserved to noblemen). I'm happy with the results and think Henry is looking pretty sharp.

Full kit for heavy combat, travel, and exploration

hu4zB1Y.png

Headgear gets stored when in town

kH8dsAA.png

However I have to admit I'm having trouble finding the motivation to keep going. The combat gets facerolly once you are geared up and can just spam master strikes, and the story is not that interesting and lacks C&C. Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot and enjoyed it thoroughly the first time through. I am just questioning whether it's worth fully replaying.

Maybe I will try a few mods and see how that goes.

Man dresses his Henry like a henchman, with a shield and a kettlebell helm and some dunce clown pants, then proceeds fighting with Master-Strike, then claims game is boring. No, my idiot friend, YOU are boring. And with your avatar, you are definitely better off playing some boring shit-pile like Morronwind.

But just because I am so nice, I will point our the error of your ways (even though we both know it's hopeless).

First off, don't ever use masterstrike. If you ever even dream of using masterstrike in your sleep, immediately wake up, take a look at Zed Duke of Banville 's picture, wipe the shit off the bed, and slap yourself. Masterstrike breaks the combat system, along with a few other bad finishing touches. To see how to easily mod the combat system into something almost fully reminiscent of HEMA combat (and improve the game in various other ways), consult the modding thread linked in the official Codex review.

Secondly, gain some self confidence, and dress Henry into a cool outfit, he is supposed to be a Knight eventually, not some fucking peasant. The best suit is the black plate with golden outlines, though the gray Italian plates look good also. And wear a mail coif on head, not a full helm, for one, it looks a lot cooler, and 2, there is a lot more visibility in combat compared to a full helm, which helps in a skill based combat system like this. You can put an open Helm on top during battles.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Lol what an autistic nerd rage response to what was at most a benign criticism of the game.

Man dresses his Henry like a henchman, with a shield and a kettlebell helm and some dunce clown pants

Henry IS a fucking henchman for about 2/3 of the game. I specifically said I was trying to dress him down a bit and not jump straight to muh plate armor.

Secondly, gain some self confidence, and dress Henry into a cool outfit, he is supposed to be a Knight eventually, not some fucking peasant. The best suit is the black plate with golden outlines, though the gray Italian plates look good also. And wear a mail coif on head, not a full helm, for one, it looks a lot cooler, and 2, there is a lot more visibility in combat compared to a full helm, which helps in a skill based combat system like this. You can put an open Helm on top during battles.

I know it is piss easy to get top tier armor just from murderhoboing for a few hours. I already have a chest full of it. The whole point of the post is I'm trying to make this game interesting and somewhat different for a 2nd playthrough, but the design is very on-rails and doesn't allow much room for it (something you admitted when you reviewed the game).

First off, don't ever use masterstrike. If you ever even dream of using masterstrike in your sleep, immediately wake up, take a look at Zed Duke of Banville 's picture, wipe the shit off the bed, and slap yourself. Masterstrike breaks the combat system, along with a few other bad finishing touches. To see how to easily mod the combat system into something almost fully reminiscent of HEMA combat (and improve the game in various other ways), consult the modding thread linked in the official Codex review.

First, if you have to resort to "m0dS wiLL fIx iT" to defend the game then you've already lost. Second, I already said I would look at mods and see how it goes.

In summary...

rrkefmqy8k9b1.jpg

Lol what an autistic nerd rage response to what was at most a benign criticism of the game.

Calm your tits, I was insulting your stupidity for your own benefit.

Man dresses his Henry like a henchman, with a shield and a kettlebell helm and some dunce clown pants

Henry IS a fucking henchman for about 2/3 of the game. I specifically said I was trying to dress him down a bit and not jump straight to muh plate armor.

And I specifically said this was stupid.

I know it is piss easy to get top tier armor just from murderhoboing for a few hours. I already have a chest full of it. The whole point of the post is I'm trying to make this game interesting and somewhat different for a 2nd playthrough, but the design is very on-rails and doesn't allow much room for it (something you admitted when you reviewed the game).

How about you make it interesting by learning the amazing combat system instead of dressing like a pleb?

First, if you have to resort to "m0dS wiLL fIx iT" to defend the game then you've already lost. Second, I already said I would look at mods and see how it goes.

Lost what? Trying to make you see how get more enjoyment from this great game? Ah, you are hopeless.

In summary...

L2learn.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've had this game in my backlog for several years, and I was about to install it and give it a try. But seeing it making one as vitriolic and nasty towards his fellow men as porky, I think I'll pass.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I've had this game in my backlog for several years, and I was about to install it and give it a try. But seeing it making one as vitriolic and nasty towards his fellow men as porky, I think I'll pass.

Se on nyt semmonen juttu että pelaat sen tai itket ja pelaat.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If that's your approach to choosing what to play, the only game available to you is Unicorn Family Simulator.

bh93d15XUCFXfX5GF6K5Qp8SsJQW4n6jmGoFbhQbpEAhvaMSISpEF8scoFVcWCZAUDI=w1052-h592

Gerrard

Arcane
That's just usual Porky, has nothing to do with the game.

Zanzoken

Arcane

If you've never played it then don't be put off by this little bit of unpleasantness. It's a great game, especially for such a big budget RPG, and I enjoyed my first playthrough a lot.

Just be forewarned that the prologue is quite lengthy and keeps you on-rails for significantly longer than most games, but after that it opens up and you'll have freedom to explore and do whatever.

Sarcasm is as lost on you plebs as a dieting plan on me. But aside from filtering out a couple of morons and preventing them from soiling the wonder of KCD, it did serve one useful purpose: it summoned Turisas back. He seems to have lost one "a", but hopefully the quality of shoutbox links will still be as horrible as before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom