Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
"Real permadeath, KCD will uninstall as soon as you die."

Bitch please, when I play permadeath, I expect my PC to blow up in my face.

PlayerEmers

Novice
Any of you guys know of a good solution for the masterstrike? This shitty thing turns the game into a cakewalk
My best bet is master strikes not being a 1 button trick (same thing for perfect blocks). Pressing a single button to automatically peform the best moves in the game is weird.

Mud'

Scholar
Started first playthrough of the game on the steam deck.
Enjoying it so far but I still need to get a hang at the combat system.
image.png

I'm about 3/5 into the main quest.
Overall amazing atmosphere and good looking world. Impressed they managed such a feat with their budget and team in Czechia.

I got a hang at the combat but I still dislike the jankiness and absolutely hate the lock-on system. Completely falls apart when there is more than 2 people into you.
Its specially worse on the steam deck (and controllers) for specific reassons. For instance, when i'm enganging in combat with 4 cumans and one of them surrenders/kneel down, it's really fucking hard to finish him off because I have to fight against 3 things: the lock-on, the camera and the remaining thugs. So most of the time, I end up missing loot from 1 or 2 cowards because I simply cannot hit them while they are kneeling and preparing to flee.

The combat and some of the jankiness are the only few things that drag down this otherwise great game.

JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED
image.png

ngl i been cheesing my way though combats using bow and arrows, it was really funny because i fucked the noble woman and also starting the new town project, i was feeling really damn confident in myself, so much so that i went to do laundary, bought new clothes and armor, fancy shit for the horse, a dress for theresa and got a haircut/shave to make Herny look like he is getting his shit together, shit was looking pretty good and i went on my merry way to start the band of bastards DLC.

It was like a movie where the protagonist is in his high horse and walks in to these low life group and he gets his shit kicked in so hard that he reconsiders if he ever even got his shit together, next cutscene is Henry all bloody, broken armor and clothes and asking the captin "So i cant join?".

Now is the training montage scene with Captian Benard where i got beat up to hell and back with wood swords, eat, read, go to sleep and repeat until i got Mace 7 to get a fucking combo going.

I do not understand at all how to do perfect blocks with ripost, sometimes they happen, sometimes they dont, but when they do it feels good.

PlayerEmers

Novice
I do not understand at all how to do perfect blocks with ripost, sometimes they happen, sometimes they dont, but when they do it feels good.
You peform master strikes (perfect parry with a riposte) by just pressing block as soon as the enemy moves to attack. If you are not quick enough for a master strike, you will just peform a perfect block (which you can also miss the timing if you are not quick enough).
Thats the key: block as soon as the enemy starts swinging their weapon.

thesecret1

Arcane
Any of you guys know of a good solution for the masterstrike? This shitty thing turns the game into a cakewalk
Just don't use them. That's what I did.
I tried doing that already (purposefully avoided learning it from bernard) but the problem is that the AI uses them still. So any attack you make carries the (high) possibility of being struck with unavoidable damage. Higher level enemies are literally impossible to beat in melee without masterstrike as they'll spam that shit onto every attack you make.
My best bet is master strikes not being a 1 button trick (same thing for perfect blocks). Pressing a single button to automatically peform the best moves in the game is weird.
I was asking for a practical solution, ie. a good mod.

PlayerEmers

Novice
forgot to post

finished the game on sunday. although i disliked a little bit of the "no real resolution" ending, the game left quite a impression on me. the sort of "post-ending game depression" ending... what to do now?

surely they will reveal some new game soon, right? fuck...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

REhorror

Educated
forgot to post

finished the game on sunday. although i disliked a little bit of the "no real resolution" ending, the game left quite a impression on me. the sort of "post-ending game depression" ending... what to do now?

surely they will reveal some new game soon, right? fuck...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
If you want something similar, play Battle Brothers or Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat/Dark Omen, not the same genre tho.

PlayerEmers

Novice
If you want something similar, play Battle Brothers or Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat/Dark Omen, not the same genre tho.
already played battle brothers, not sure if i care about warhammer

Do you have the DLCs?

If not buy and play them. Is good.
yes, i did play them except the one about theresa

its kinda a miracle that the game can run on te switch
15 fps gaming

SlamDunk

Arcane
Note that Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been retroactively transferred to Koch's new Prime Matter label: https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/PrimeMatter
For what it's worth, I just noticed that Kingdom Come: Deliverance has switched from Prime Matter to PLAION:

https://presse.plaion.com/en-EN/Search/Results?searchtext=kingdom+come+deliverance

KCD has been removed from this page, as well: https://presse.plaion.com/en-EN/Prime-Matter

Snapshot of the page from September, 2023: https://web.archive.org/web/20230923054516/https://presse.plaion.com/en-EN/Prime-Matter/

Habichtswalder

Literate
I'm sure everyone waited for a Switch port. Maybe it will make them enough so they don't have to work for one more year.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Mud'

Scholar
I just finished the game and i must say i loved every single minute of it, even the downs like the Womens Lot DLC where you walk around and can lose everything in the final quest if you die.

It has such an absurd autistic attention to detail on a lot of things that i just love, it feels like if you played one of those autistic riddle Skyrim modpacks but here it actually works because the game is built from the ground up with those systems in mind, including the save system, i didnt do a lot of side quests, didnt finish the town DLC either but it was fun, defintly enjoyed BoB DLC and more so when you can track down the bandits themselves in the forest without a quest marker.

Its a game that truly respects the player and more so does not respect your fucking time at all, but even so i loved it, doing mundane shit and taking it slow was just such a strange thing to do on nowdays games that it felt good.

However, the game did left me with me holding my dick in my hand with the ending, shit feels like it was picking up hard like on the last Deus Ex and then it was like "welp wait for the next game fgt lol", i do remember that they said something about this game is like Act 1 or the kickstarter saying that the game was going to be only Act 1 for now, and i totally forgot about that while playing, then BOOM, credit scene and i was like "those mfs".

I would buy the second game no questions asked tbh, but god damn it was a ride that felt that it had no ending.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
i do remember that they said something about this game is like Act 1 or the kickstarter saying that the game was going to be only Act 1 for now
Smejki sheds his torch on the matter:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/posts/5652789
Yeah forgot about that post.

Agreed with Smejki btw, the ending sucks. The entire game is written with average Joes in mind and this is way too talky, way too heady and overbearing. Completely out of tune with the rest of the game.

SlamDunk

Arcane
There's also this very interesting one: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/posts/5653092

I can confirm this - KCD2 story will continue the story of KCD1 right where it ended. That doesn't mean there can't a 17 years jump into the future in the middle of the game. Right? But ask yourself how likely that is.
Thanks for lot of cool info. I am glad you guys intend to continue and finish Henry's story. We can wait for the Hussite Wars, I can imagine what an undertaking that will be.
Well, if we manage to sell 2 more millions at full-ish price there's not much that can stop us from establishing a second team which could develop a separate game in parallel. So... PREACH, BROTHERS, PREACH!
239502.gif
... I guess.
Although the game has been on sale for countless of times I think the "2 more millions at full-ish price" has been achieved... and the team is now double in size, as well.

Warhorse has also said this in their job ads: "For our Prague studio", which could imply that they have more studios than one.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
To be honest sequels that just tightly continue the 1st game story usually aren't very successful, especially if they come many years after the 1st game.

Many people don't buy because they forgot the story already and can't be arsed replaying the first game, other people never played the 1st game. But there are exceptions, Mass Effect being one of them. Well fingers crossed I guess.

Just don't use them. That's what I did.
I tried doing that already (purposefully avoided learning it from bernard) but the problem is that the AI uses them still. So any attack you make carries the (high) possibility of being struck with unavoidable damage. Higher level enemies are literally impossible to beat in melee without masterstrike as they'll spam that shit onto every attack you make.
I was asking for a practical solution, ie. a good mod.

What the fuck, motherfuckers, why you no read Codex official review? It's all in there.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...you_can_apply_potions_or_poisons_to_drinking/

PSA: you can apply potions (or poisons) to drinking water

I'm posting about this because it took me multiple playthroughs to learn this and I'm so mad I didn't realize it sooner and the game doesn't make it obvious lol.

Ever wonder what all those seemingly useless drinking waters are doing sitting around or being sold for 0.1 groschen? Well they have a use and it's quite OP

You can apply potions (or poisons) to them and doing this has a couple benefits
  1. One potions spikes up to 5 drinking waters effectively giving you a 5 for 1 deal, the effects are not diluted at all. You can use poisoned drinking water to poison food pots for the same effect as well.
  2. When you apply a potion to drinking water it filters out all the alcohol so you get all the effects of the potion without getting drunk. Don't you hate when you use 3 or 4 potions before a tough battle and all of a sudden you're drunk as fuck? Look no further!
  3. It also removes the nourishment so you can use a shitload of potions without becoming overfull
  4. If your potion is stolen, the drinking water it's applied to will not have the stolen tag
The only negative effects of doing this are the spiked drinking water has a value of 0.1 groschen so cant make more money using this method. Also you cannot apply poisoned drinking water to a sword or arrows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom