Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

agris

Arcane
Patron
Early bird NPC schedules
Did you play start to finish with this one? I considered it, but it seemed like the type of mod that would break quests that rely on daily scheduling scripting

Quillon

Arcane
and if it were 80% there would be marketing and a great deal of other evidence that it exists

they must have been fed up with constant updates to kickstarter audience for idk how many years with the first game so they are staying silent as much as they can imo, only the last year/6 months is important for marketing anyway

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I expect KCD2 will come out eventually. I'm less sure about KCD3.
If KCD2 is a success, KCD3 is happening almost certainly.

Very unsure Vavra would be involved again tho. From his past comments I felt he couldn't wait to leave not only Warhorse, after he sold it and made oodles, but gaming altogether. He always talked about how these big open-world games take years to make and that he'd love to start making films and writing movie scripts because it's way easier and faster.

I think the main - or the only - reason he stayed in Warhorse for KCD2 is Embracer tied him down with some shit in his contract, i.e. "we'll buy your studio but you have to stay and make the sequel or we sue you into the ground".

goregasm

Scholar
Early bird NPC schedules
Did you play start to finish with this one? I considered it, but it seemed like the type of mod that would break quests that rely on daily scheduling scripting
I'm not finished with my playthrough but haven't had any issues thus far. If you are interested but worried, I would load the mod first in load order.

I think ultimately it just has them waking up about 75 minutes earlier

goregasm

Scholar
Started first playthrough of the game on the steam deck.
Enjoying it so far but I still need to get a hang at the combat system.
How's it perform on the deck? Never messed around with one. I had kcd since launch and played it mostly on an i-5 7500 1070 and it...worked mostly fine outside of cities. It would definitely slow down in them though.

Just randomly upgraded mobo, cpu and gpu the past few days to something more 2020s and started putting my newer stuff through it's paces with some more demanding games, seeing what it can do....holy shit is this game gorgeous, and plays well with a more modern processor.

It's definitely worth the experience regardless of specs/graphic whoring.

Spend time training with bernard

PlayerEmers

Novice
How's it perform on the deck? Never messed around with one. I had kcd since launch and played it mostly on an i-5 7500 1070 and it...worked mostly fine outside of cities. It would definitely slow down in them though.

Just randomly upgraded mobo, cpu and gpu the past few days to something more 2020s and started putting my newer stuff through it's paces with some more demanding games, seeing what it can do....holy shit is this game gorgeous, and plays well with a more modern processor.

It can run at 60 fps on low (or even medium in some options) but it obviously chungs down to 35~45 in some areas and moments. I decided to cap the refresh rate of screen to 40FPS and so far so good for 95% of the time. Sometimes stutters happen, dunno what is the cause but at least is rare. But it's definitely playable.

Just finished the first training seassion with bernard + duel with hans (won archery, lost swordfighting because im still getting the hang of combat). Yeah I will for sure go back to bernard for more training (correct me i'm wrong but it looks like i can level up skills while training with him? if thats the case i will go back to bernard for some easy level ups for a while)

goregasm

Scholar

It can run at 60 fps on low (or even medium in some options) but it obviously chungs down to 35~45 in some areas and moments. I decided to cap the refresh rate of screen to 40FPS and so far so good for 95% of the time. Sometimes stutters happen, dunno what is the cause but at least is rare. But it's definitely playable.

Just finished the first training seassion with bernard + duel with hans (won archery, lost swordfighting because im still getting the hang of combat). Yeah I will for sure go back to bernard for more training (correct me i'm wrong but it looks like i can level up skills while training with him? if thats the case i will go back to bernard for some easy level ups for a while)
You are correct there. It has an ES esque style level as you do things sort of way, but player skill really goes a long way in melee especially in the beginning.

Eventually you become a bit omnipotent, but Bernard is really good for teaching the player the ropes

Mud'

Scholar
This game is doing something right because i spent a good chunk of friday night just picking fucking 3 type of herbs in the Monastery and then this guys sends me to fetch fucking all types of herbs in the world and i am like "fuck yeah more shit to play with" while learning alchemy.

Feels kinda like Gothic but at the same time i just dont want to stop playing this fucking thing.

Habichtswalder

Literate
This game is doing something right because i spent a good chunk of friday night just picking fucking 3 type of herbs in the Monastery and then this guys sends me to fetch fucking all types of herbs in the world and i am like "fuck yeah more shit to play with" while learning alchemy.

Feels kinda like Gothic but at the same time i just dont want to stop playing this fucking thing.
The game is very good at making doing nothing and/or the mundane feel good.

There are so many games that follow the open world formula of "something must happen every 30 seconds", whereas KCD sometimes lets you run through the forest for 5 to 10 minutes and absolutely nothing happens apart from you finding a herb or a deer running past you. And yet it feels better than in other games where you would have had 5 random encounters in that time.

KC:D is an immersive beast and drips with atmosphere.

Harthwain

Magister
whereas KCD sometimes lets you run through the forest for 5 to 10 minutes and absolutely nothing happens apart from you finding a herb or a deer running past you.
Funny, because I was hunting a deer in the forest, only to run into a Cuman camp...

Cologno

Educated
whereas KCD sometimes lets you run through the forest for 5 to 10 minutes and absolutely nothing happens apart from you finding a herb or a deer running past you.
Funny, because I was hunting a deer in the forest, only to run into a Cuman camp...
Hehehe, you know you're probably a little deep into the game when Henry starts seeing Cuman camps as a chance to get some clean clothes. Those clear-the-camp contracts kept me in clean laundry for a looooong time.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
6 year anniversary

6 million copies sold

MV5BNzdiYzYyYmYtN2Y4Yy00YjNjLTg2YWMtOTM1MTI1YjhhNzE4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgxNDk0NTI@._V1_QL75_UY28...jpg

PlayerEmers

Novice
Started first playthrough of the game on the steam deck.
Enjoying it so far but I still need to get a hang at the combat system.
image.png

I'm about 3/5 into the main quest.
Overall amazing atmosphere and good looking world. Impressed they managed such a feat with their budget and team in Czechia.

I got a hang at the combat but I still dislike the jankiness and absolutely hate the lock-on system. Completely falls apart when there is more than 2 people into you.
Its specially worse on the steam deck (and controllers) for specific reassons. For instance, when i'm enganging in combat with 4 cumans and one of them surrenders/kneel down, it's really fucking hard to finish him off because I have to fight against 3 things: the lock-on, the camera and the remaining thugs. So most of the time, I end up missing loot from 1 or 2 cowards because I simply cannot hit them while they are kneeling and preparing to flee.

The combat and some of the jankiness are the only few things that drag down this otherwise great game.

JESUS CHRIST BE PRAISED
image.png

thesecret1

Arcane
Any of you guys know of a good solution for the masterstrike? This shitty thing turns the game into a cakewalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom