Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
B-but my Intelligence-based Barbarian should be able to compete!

Sawyer was probably butthurt that he wasn't strong enough to be a professional rugby player, "but I'm realllllly smart guys". That butthurt was probably further compounded when his 18 int fighter in 2e died in the first combat encounter.

Jokes aside, the game will be a lot more fun if different class combos are more viable. If there is only one or two party setups that can beat the game, it doesn't really create much re-playability.

I'd also argue that meta things like having to win initiative in every combat aren't really fun. Such things should make a fight easier, but you should be able to recover and win (if you play well) even if you don't always have a perfect start.

SilentLion

Barely Literate
Do you guys have any advice for the lizardmen fight? So far it seemed impossible to reach the main caster in time. I tried summons and some AOE spells but no luck.

My party: Gladiator, Death Knight, Storm Warrior, Bishop, Warlock, Wizard, all level 7.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Quick question: what does "Cast spell upon per-battle use X" do? I need to get my reward from the goblin and if that means that the weapon casts Harm once per battle, I'm definitely going with the greatmace. Otherwise, I'm probably picking the glaive.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Quick question: what does "Cast spell upon per-battle use X" do? I need to get my reward from the goblin and if that means that the weapon casts Harm once per battle, I'm definitely going with the greatmace. Otherwise, I'm probably picking the glaive.

Speaking of, I have bagpipes that can supposedly cast ice blast once a fight, but I see no way of using them. Am I missing something?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you guys have any advice for the lizardmen fight? So far it seemed impossible to reach the main caster in time. I tried summons and some AOE spells but no luck.

My party: Gladiator, Death Knight, Storm Warrior, Bishop, Warlock, Wizard, all level 7.

Use stinking cloud to slow down the king and the guys on the south end of the pool, use energy wall to make them waste turns casting energy resistance. Hit the earth elemental with magebane and hope for a dispell and clear most of the enemies before you focus on the king, once he takes too much damage he will summon the hydra and you want almost everyone to be out of the pool by then. The hydra can be put to sleep.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
niggas i have a bard :nocountryforshitposters:

Actually, a question for the local autists who have already tried 30 different parties, just how fucked is mine? Paladin, samurai, ranger, bard, cleric, wizard.

I can already tell the ranger was a big mistake, though maybe he picks up when arrows of slaying appear, I dunno.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Actually, a question for the local autists who have already tried 30 different parties, just how fucked is mine? Paladin, samurai, ranger, bard, cleric, wizard.

From what I understand sevveral pages back: No Mantis Gladiator or Elf Wizard 0/10. Get rekt

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Keeping in mind that the FUCKING BAGPIPES NEVER FUCKING WORKED ON MY BARD.

You are supposed to be able to invoke them to cast Ice Blast but that shit is fucking bugged and nobody reported it because nobody has a bard.

As for your party, you are fucked.

Paladin is shit and you get a Paladin NPC.
Samurai is shit.
Ranger is worthless.
Bard is all right but not the best.
Cleric and Wizard are good.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GOOD LUCK

Get rekt

As for your party, you are fucked.

Well then :lol:

If you have a bard, you should be able to equip the instrument and then use its ability in combat through "Activate Special (A)".

Negative, it doesn't appear there. Must be a bug.

too bad because I could have use that ice blast :neveraskedforthis:

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can rearrange your party formation such that just when you are about to trigger the fight by reaching the sword, at least 1 character is not in the pool with the rest. Takes a bit of trial and error to figure out the exact point of approach, but it ensures that at least 1 character (preferably a melee) does not waste 2 turns climbing out of the pool and getting to him.

Also, if you are okay with forgoing the xp bonus for fighting the summoner and the hydra at once, the summoner can be easily dispatched with a deep slumber->coup de grace. Once you rest, the hydra spawns in and you can fight it on your own terms.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
i'd consider restarting with better wammos if the thought of suffering through the fucking slog at the start of chapter 2 and reloading the sharkman druid 394867398476 times again didn't make me contemplate suicide

no turning back now, sometimes you just accidentally trigger nightmare mode and have to live with it

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
i'd consider restarting with better wammos if the thought of suffering through the fucking slog at the start of chapter 2 and reloading the sharkman druid 394867398476 times again didn't make me contemplate suicide

no turning back now, sometimes you just accidentally trigger nightmare mode and have to live with it

Your party is perfectly acceptable on the face of it. Which really proves the point that the game needs some rebalancing.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

You have activated nightmare mode when you loaded the module.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Speaking of exploiting bugs - for all you dirty cheaters out there, you can ignore the effects of web/entangle and keep moving if you mash the left mouse button fast enough :M

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Most optimal party is six bards
26FyFeuw9daSDNIWR87zy3ApYwuwo94CawrsbeUo65U.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom