Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bro!! I knew you could do it!
I posted to try Tornado in this thread! I feel like we did it...

I'm so excited! Progress!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Overhauled ideal party suggestion:

1 Half-Giant Gladiator to trip.
1 Mantis Gladiator for DPS (oversized 2H pair of arms)
1 Elf Wizard with 20 Int and Raven and extended range
1 Human Psion with extended range

The last two spots are up for debate but for me they will be:
1 Human or Halfling Bishop for bows, scrolls and domain powers (Hunting, Reach, Turning, Celerity, Time, Pandaemonium or Aberration, not in this order)
1 Half-Salamander Samurai for spear or reach-based Whirlwind attack focus

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno how a bishop will work, my cleric is cleaning up pretty nicely. I specialized in healing and magic domains. If I had to go back I might dump healing for a different domain, healing is great when you can actually do it, but so often it's either OHKO or be OHKO'd

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
My cleric feels completely useless due to lack of 'big' spells.

What does yours do after using domain powers?

Holy Smite/Word are useful at least but Bishop gets them too.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
My domain powers are passive, I heal better and get more spell slots, I use the usual stuff like prayer, smite, I just got greater command and wall of blades, I haven't tested them yet but I assume wall of blades will ruin things.

Speaking of specialization if I had to go back I'd probably specialize my sorcerer in conjuration instead of necromancy, but my red wizard is dominating things with specialized spell feats.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I'll give her a few more levels then. But I'm not entirely convinced.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
My Wizard is blue but if I had to redo it he might try red instead. Direct damage is becoming more useful.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't play this game due to decision paralysis. There are so many interesting options that I can spend four hours simply staring at the classes to compare their various features.

To actually start playing the game I had to build the most straightforward party I could (2 fighters, 1 wizard, 1 cleric, 1 druid and 1 psion), but the fourth fight completely wrecked me. I found myself without spell slots on my two divine casters, so I had two completely useless characters. Probably I relied too much on healing spells between fights, while I should have used those same slots to summon elementals.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
For your first party try:

1 Gladiator
1 Samurai
1 Fighter
1 Psion
1 Cleric
1 Wizard

This seems effective and you get to try 3 out of 4 major spell schools, and see how the main fighter flavors differ.
Personally I do not recommend hybrids but maybe you are different.

Mortmal

Arcane
Doesnt work for me , psionist get nuked before even being able to land one tornado most of the time. Anyway even if i manage it, i guess next one are even worse.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Pierre: "It's easy, just pick the correct two level 9 spells from the Witches AND win Initiative!"

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
My domain powers are passive, I heal better and get more spell slots, I use the usual stuff like prayer, smite, I just got greater command and wall of blades, I haven't tested them yet but I assume wall of blades will ruin things.

Speaking of specialization if I had to go back I'd probably specialize my sorcerer in conjuration instead of necromancy, but my red wizard is dominating things with specialized spell feats.

So you started the game with a sorcerer and wizard and psion and you recruited another sorcerer?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
what about the dominate monster scrolls? wouldn't taking control of 3 enemies work?

Mortmal

Arcane
what about the dominate monster scrolls? wouldn't taking control of 3 enemies work?
No, SR too high and even when its not the % to succeed is far too low the only way to win this is like he did and have an heavy blaster party, maybe no melee or just a mage knight.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Maybe all hybrid-melee +3-4 casters is the way to go? I hate hybrids so I haven't tried, but Psychic Warrior and Mage Knight have some interesting options. And Storm Warrior/Champion retains full BAB.
Then again I don't want to miss my Trip Half-Giant. It just seems like in that fight in particular she will not be useful. Hybrid is useful every fight.

Maybe something like:

Mage Knight
Storm Warrior or Champion
Psychic Warrior
and the usual
Psion + Cleric + Wizard

would give you enough spells to nuke squishies?

Rerolling a new party...
Why are we still here? Just to suffer...?

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pierre think he so slick, he forces me into a battle with archers and mages to try and push me into fire tiles and then right afterwards I have to fight a black dragon, but the joke is on him, I took that bastard out the first try.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Doesnt work for me , psionist get nuked before even being able to land one tornado most of the time. Anyway even if i manage it, i guess next one are even worse.

Not sure what to tell you, once I figured out just how powerful tornado blast was I was able to clear most of the main room with one scroll and I centered the other one on Pizarra for a OHKO and took out most of her friends on the cliff. I used one earthquake spell and then the rest was just old fashioned fighting and spells to pick off survivors.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that staircase to the right of the goblin fight supposed to do something besides make my whole party disappear?

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thanks, my dudes. Also, is today the day Pierre is coming back from vacation? He said from July 8, he'd be doing the fix. I hope he realizes that the first 10 encounters are too easy. Using any spells now crashes my current playthrough, so I'm sad.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Man I cannot get past the Babau fight. Every time I win, it crashes. Sucks so bad because it is a difficult fight to win.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom