Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I played the opening so much I can do every fight (including Pool and cultists) without using scrolls or anything.
The only issue is that 80% of the time when you load the Oubliette, the game crashes. Oh Pierre...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played the opening so much I can do every fight (including Pool and cultists) without using scrolls or anything.
The only issue is that 80% of the time when you load the Oubliette, the game crashes. Oh Pierre...
Getting in and out of the pool is the killer for me. I try clicking options with a delay or interacting with different parts of the pool or just begging the game to let me do this one thing, but it's so fickle.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
For me Pool is safe to do, as long as I altF4 first (after saving) and then try right after loading.
But the west room fight? maybe 10-20% chance of it loading. You can skip the fight but you miss a lot of XP....

AdolfSatan

Arcane
How about this for a build replacing the Cleric? Bishop with high con/wis/cha takes Hunting and Pandemonium (or a creature summoning instead to tank) domain at first to work as a ranged damage dealer, then Healing/Banishment/etc to access the lvl9 spells the Bishop normally wouldn't.

To the codexers further ahead: how many elementals/undead are there? Wanna know if it'd be worth to switch Pandemonium for Turn domain + Improved Turning feat.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
5fefd25dff6634bc573ddcd3ac9078b7.png

Latro

Arcane
Rebuilt Bard with 16 STR, 16 CON, 8 INT (boohoo), and 20 CHA - Agrossian Male Human

+4 BAB, decent HP rolls in tandem with d10 hitdie, and obviously 20 CHA for all Bard stuff.

FEATS:

Bard Stamina (gives two extra songs a day, enough said)
Sickening Pipes (multi round sickened condition replaces the single round stun; sicken gives -2 all throws for the enemy as well as -3 Attack rolls and some other goodies). combo this with psionicist stomp and wizard webs and greases for good shit. even thinking of rolling death knight for further -3 throws aura.
as for mages, bard already has AOE zone of silence
Improved Init and Lightning reflexes because of dogshit DEX

weapons: swords (1h and 2h), spears and reach
later: taking med armor + armoured musician.

role: AOE buffer/debuffer fighter. throw in reach stuff to defend mages or just switch to 2h sword for DPS or sword n board for defense. bard as a class gives good BAB, good throws, and the spells are pretty good stuff. you'll want to be more proactive with AOE silence, pipes and enemy debuffs.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I had a Bard in my last party (until level 7) and he was good but not good enough to keep. Maybe if you get him to level 8 the Chaos song will make him stronger. Silence is amazing, and the group buffs are very good, but he just lacks oomph. However, spamming Pipes is good, and I didn't try Sickening Pipes. Might be enough!

buffalo bill

Arcane
this thread feels like I'm reading about a group of embattled adventurers pooling their collective intellects to try to overcome a near-impossible challenge

:salute: to you codex heros

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Just wait until Pierre uploads his next video of him playing the first 30 battles on ironman to show that everyone else is a pansy.

Latro

Arcane
new party: 2 melee, 3 caster, 1 hybrid

Cloudtop Half Giant Female Gladiator - 16 DEX, 20 STR, 14 Con - idea is to grapple, trip, and pin for days
Centaur Gladiator - fun with charge and whirlwind (probably not that great but lessee)
Bishop - Summon focused, basically cleric but relies more on domain summon
Psionicist - stomp cheese and misc, required
White Wizard - required, but most people seem to do Red Wizard. White wizard has a ton of bonuses towards disable spells, so lessee how it goes
Mage Knight - actually took the spot of the bard I posted above because I wanted to see how good he was, basically takes over the Red Wizard spot from the White

Noddy

Augur
You know, for all the complaining about difficulty, i think you can get past the autstic chapter 3 opening extremely easily.

Assuming the green gobbos let you through if you side with them (never did it) and assuming you don't get attacked at the start of chapter 3 if you didn't break up the sacrifice (seems likely) then you can pretty much walk your ass to the second floor of the sewers.
The only forced fights would be the very first one , the starting sewer fights (some of which you can skip with checks) and the gobbo arena fight(which auto wins if you side with greens).

I was wondering why some of the second floor fights we're so tame and i think it's Pierre balancing it for a talky run. Maybe we've all been playing thorugh challenge mode this whole time.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
You know, for all the complaining about difficulty, i think you can get past the autstic chapter 3 opening extremely easily.

Assuming the green gobbos let you through if you side with them (never did it) and assuming you don't get attacked at the start of chapter 3 if you didn't break up the sacrifice (seems likely) then you can pretty much walk your ass to the second floor of the sewers.
The only forced fights would be the very first one , the starting sewer fights (some of which you can skip with checks) and the gobbo arena fight(which auto wins if you side with greens).

I was wondering why some of the second floor fights we're so tame and i think it's Pierre balancing it for a talky run. Maybe we've all been playing thorugh challenge mode this whole time.
No, I need to kill everything

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I just about have the upper sewers cleared except for the death snare, a room of formians, a secret room full of undead which probably isn't worth cleaning out, and a bunch of shit that spawned in the dragon room. I need one more gold key to unlock the gate that probably leads to an even bigger clusterfuck.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Reading the scripts is interesting.

You get WAY more gold if you kill the goblins without help from the other side (twice as much.)
I don't see a special reward for killing them all, though.

... it's not possible anyway.

... well actually, it's possible, if you clear the Tombs/Fire area first, like JarlFrank did. But very very difficult. And you need to have the ratman rest spot for that, which means you miss out on two +1 Falchions. However, sparing the rats does give you access to Gauntlets of Ogre Strength.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Reading the scripts is interesting.

You get WAY more gold if you kill the goblins without help from the other side (twice as much.)
I don't see a special reward for killing them all, though.

... it's not possible anyway.
Do you also still get the 20 XP per survivor for killing without help?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
No, you get 100 XP, and twice the gold reward. I am not sure if you get the reward-treasures when you raid their lairs, afterwards.

There is some non-linearity here... there are some fights when you betray the grey goblins that you don't see if you side with them. I think the ideal path is:

1) be nice to rats
2) clear mimic room and elementals, using the rest spot in-between or before if you need to
3) rest at rat rest spot
4) do moon crypt
5) give symbol to grey goblins, free Erzimon, rest with goblins
6) either kill grey or green, depending on which treasures you want (they offer different rewards) without help OR kill them all and see if that gets you both sets of treasure

Obviously, doing Moon Crypt without the goblin rewards (level up gold) is extremely difficult, and doing the arena fight without help is also extremely difficult (unless you use your Chaos and Sirocco scrolls, which turns it from impossible to reloadfest)

Edit: well, if you sell the flail of chaos you can level up - and it's not that good...

Last edited:

Noddy

Augur
Please stop restarting the game.
Come join us on the upper level .
You'll like it here. There's dragon's and eye's and no crashes at all.
Just put down the character creator friendo.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
B- but my current party is 2% more optimal than my last one! I'll join you tomorrow, this party is it. I can feel it. They're so good. Doing the 5 tombs at level 2/3 because I didn't sell the flail of chaos. Gonna kill the goblins without help.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Okay, slowly I am seeing how Pierre, in working on this game for 10 years, may have warped his perception.
You see, on my ... fifth or sixth party... it feels easy. Not easy in the sense that you can waltz through it. You still lose if you do not get initiative. But easy in the sense that the correct party, knowing exactly what fights are coming in advance, and having the correct gear, can make what seemed impossible, impossible. I just finished the 5 tombs - with a normal party, no cheats, and only a few reloads. Then I did the Babaus on my first try, and the fire room as well.

It's possible. We can do this. We can dominate this game.

Is balancing a game around having played it for 10 years so that you know, blindly, every monster, every encounter, every item and can therefore navigate it, a wise decision? Hell no. But hey, it's fun for us to puzzle this out.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
the correct party, knowing exactly what fights are coming in advance, and having the correct gear, can make what seemed impossible, impossible.
Quoting for posterity. Put this on the back of the box.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom