Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Sweeper

Arcane
So wait, this frog eater expects me to shell out 35 Jewros for an indie title... whilst it's on sale?
Someone please explain to this man how effective pricing works. He's fucking losing money.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So wait, this frog eater expects me to shell out 35 Jewros for an indie title... whilst it's on sale?
Someone please explain to this man how effective pricing works. He's fucking losing money.

Do you want to support an indie developer that makes games that mainstream devs will never make?

I understand why some think it should be priced lower and it would sell more, etc but let's be real, this game would just get refunded way more. It is the type of game that appeals to a niche audience, even on the codex.

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter

Do you want to support an indie developer that makes games that mainstream devs will never make?

I understand why some think it should be priced lower and it would sell more, etc but let's be real, this game would just get refunded way more. It is the type of game that appeals to a niche audience, even on the codex.
my ego is big enough to want to beat it but also big enough to not pay 40 dollars for it

Sweeper

Arcane
What the fuck am I? Social services? I ain't supporting shit. He's putting out a product, I as the buyer am deciding if the price is worth it.
It is the type of game that appeals to a niche audience, even on the codex.
That's a fair point though, but if he's in it for the money niche products that are niche even on the Codex ain't the way to go.
I'll prolly end up getting it though, I just like complaining.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not sure what Pierre's angle is. From what I can gather, he inherited some property and possibly money fairly recently and was in some kind of legal battle with his brother over it. Afaik he lives off eating roots and nothing else. He's an educated man but his degree has nothing to do with programming/gaming.

I know he works hard on this game and constantly upgrades it. Yeah, the focus on better visuals is probably misguided but to each his own.

Let's be fair in that, in the past 20+ years, there's been relatively few crpgs with good tb combat especially ones specifically designed for tb. Specifically turn based DND, after Goldbox there was Dark Sun then the new pool of radiance, then Toee then nothing for like 6 years until kotc1 and then like 10+ years later, we got Solasta, BG3, Kotc 2. I did a run of Solasta and enjoyed it but idk, 5e kind of sucks IMHO.

So, why not encourage this mad man to continue working? He's 1 man with minimal help from others for artwork and play testing and many experienced players would agree, he's made 2 of the best tactical crpgs ever.

I feel like, if you're a fan of this type of game, paying the purchase price is the least you can do but whatever, that's just me.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Let's be fair in that, in the past 20+ years, there's been relatively few crpgs with good tb combat especially ones specifically designed for tb. Specifically turn based DND

KotC 2 is the uncrowned successor to ToEE and probably one the purest CRPGs by virtue of format alone (squad based + hex based + isometric + modding tools)

In the last 20 years, Grimoire, Underrail and KotC stand above everything else

Mortmal

Arcane
It's not mainstream and never will be. Lowering prices will hardly attract anyone, and new players will likely ask for a refund within the first hour. At least that was true for the original release version—it should be much better now. However, you only get one chance to release and make a first impression. For something so niche, you have to pay the same prices as niche wargames you can find on sites like Slitherine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom