Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Gandalf

Arbiter
I agree that his fixation with the horrendous 3d models is stupid.
It's Baldur's Gate 2 inspired, as I understand. Same story with AI voice overs, I persume.

stephensmall

Literate
I personally had a blast with AoC(up until chapter 4) but got bored of Hearkenwold very quickly, though I played them back to back which might have been an additional factor

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Still gotta play Gandalf's mod, but yeah, for the price of a game you're getting three modules, and Hearkenwold is up to par with the best of the GB era.

It's Baldur's Gate 2 inspired, as I understand. Same story with AI voice overs, I persume.
The worst part is how fixated he is also in including AI backgrounds and music, neither good in the slightest.
I believe if he factored the amount of hours he spends generating and fixing ugly shit, and instead used those to work, he would be able to pay an actual artist to produce something decent, or at the very least get someone with a modicum of taste to buy and assemble assets for him.

tbh I can't blame it on him, it seems to be an entirely French thing. They're always doing weird shit like calculating if they'll save 2 cents more by working from home vs driving to the office and using the company's electricity and then blow their entire salary eating every meal in McDonald's.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
This being Pierre, I believe he may have become fixated on the graphics after so many people laughed/complained about the tokens when the game was released.

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
The true reason to get KotC2 is not Augury of Chaos and associated Pierresploitation.

It's Hearkenwold.
how long is it, shill me
Playthroughs seem to range from 30 to 50 hours. But it's open-ended and also takes a more oldschool approach with a focus on nonlinear exploration.
so just hearkenwold alone is 30 to 50 hours, and then the base game is like 30 hours as well, hmm, that isn't that bad

Mortmal

Arcane
Still gotta play Gandalf's mod, but yeah, for the price of a game you're getting three modules, and Hearkenwold is up to par with the best of the GB era.

The worst part is how fixated he is also in including AI backgrounds and music, neither good in the slightest.
I believe if he factored the amount of hours he spends generating and fixing ugly shit, and instead used those to work, he would be able to pay an actual artist to produce something decent, or at the very least get someone with a modicum of taste to buy and assemble assets for him.

tbh I can't blame it on him, it seems to be an entirely French thing. They're always doing weird shit like calculating if they'll save 2 cents more by working from home vs driving to the office and using the company's electricity and then blow their entire salary eating every meal in McDonald's.
It's not a French thing, it's just him. My guess is that he didn't simply replace the abominable tokens with better ones because he didn't want to bruise a friend's ego. So instead, he switched to 3D. But what’s really infuriating is that some of us paid for three adventure packs, and he’s wasting time fooling around with experiments , remaking the base game while we’ve paid and received nothing. So I’m about to say, if you can't afford it, just feel free to pirate it. I've already paid far more than the price of one copy, and I'm not getting the product delivered.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter

so there are 3 good modules

out of the steam reviews I saw people say there was only 1 good fan module

I'm assuming you're saying that currently the base game is good and there are 2 modules that are basically full games that are also good made by fans

AdolfSatan

Arcane
It's not a French thing, it's just him.
I've travelled and lived abroad, and been here for three years. Apart from some hand-picked exceptions I could make, The French are the biggest radins I've ever known bar none.

Can empathize with your frustrations about the modules, I only backed for one because I didn't trust him to deliver on the others any time soon.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's not a French thing, it's just him.
I've travelled and lived abroad, and been here for three years. Apart from some hand-picked exceptions I could make, The French are the biggest radins I've ever known bar none.

Can empathize with your frustrations about the modules, I only backed for one because I didn't trust him to deliver on the others any time soon.
Well, maybe it's because we earn less compared to other developed countries, pay double for things like fuel, and are heavily taxed. With the current level of deindustrialization, someday people in Poland might be better off than us.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I think it's tough for many codexers to understand that the types of games we enjoy just will never be that popular or that profitable.
lolwot
nigga, just look at codex goty. codex is not some monocled niche community. it's mainstream shithole with occasional "nigger!" posts.

Certainly the codex is over run by popamolists/fans of more casual games but also is home to many gentlemen of more distinguished taste.

Gandalf

Arbiter
No, only 2. The one I've made is more like a RPG-like than a proper cRPG. It has poor handmade backgrounds and music, and few of prosperian references. The only quality in there is maybe a couple (more than 1, I think) of combat encounters [nerfed of course, because P***** proposed to me to nerf the module and make it casual friendly, as I understand ( I admit, it was too hard in many places, but now is pretty much cakewalk if one pay attention)]. It also has a quest to collect over 100 stones just to mock fetch quest in games as well as some other stuff I already forgot about.

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron

I'm assuming you're saying that currently the base game is good and there are 2 modules that are basically full games that are also good made by fans
Aside from Augury of Chaos there are two more modules planned, made by Pierre.

jakkis

Educated

Never go full retard!

It's a combat-centric arrpeegee with full party creation. You gonna play that shit once and fuggeddaboutit, or replay it to death with different party compositions? A campaign with 20-30 hours of quality though out content is much much more preferable here that 100h+ of copy-paste filler trash combat.

Plus other modules.

That said, I'm not buying it at that price. Travelling with the family, those costs seem to have doubled over the past 10 years. Have had to tighten the belt already, we're down to just two streaming services at the moment!

Last edited:

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter

Aside from Augury of Chaos there are two more modules planned, made by Pierre.
included with kotc2, or separate cash injections

let's be real, nothing is free

AdolfSatan

Arcane
The two new modules designed by Pierre will be sold separately. That's why Mortmal is so pissed, he's already paid for them in the KS and Piere ain't delivering.

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I think it's tough for many codexers to understand that the types of games we enjoy just will never be that popular or that profitable.
lolwot
nigga, just look at codex goty. codex is not some monocled niche community. it's mainstream shithole with occasional "nigger!" posts.

Fair enough.

Also, if you can't pay 40€ for a game, you are a nigger.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom