Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

AdolfSatan

Arcane
lol at plebs who can't deal with Pierre's superior root-based reading logic

1.jpg

2.jpg

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Man this guy really needs help with anything related to visuals. The video is atrocious

Or he's aware his token visuals are anti-climatic for many people and he wanted to overflow the audience and make them forget about it by throwing the new classes window on the top left corner.
For a solo dev making the best cRPG since ToEE KotC in a basement treehouse, i think it's not that bad.
It's amazing for a solo dev , from the gameplay video it seems clearly superior to vogel games and other indies looks like faithfull D&D something extremely rare ,even if i play all kind of games, that's what i really want to play... And at the same time absolutely catastrophic the presentation so bad i cant possibly get into that.The hard part is done but he's so studborn its completely ruined.Damnit even i can produce better art.

As someone who played many games of D&D board games (Wrath of Ashardalon, Ravenloft, etc.), the token style is so reminiscent of those great memories, but nicely animated with some very clever mechanics.

The way fog of war is implemented and the way rooms are lit/revealed as you cross the precipice is reminiscent of rogue-likes and the way encounters are handled on D&D tabletop. Encounters are revealed through entering space or rooms while dispensing with the KoTC "check the door" mechanics to determine ambush/flat-footedness. Having the next room not even visible until you enter or light it is a rogue-like mechanic which adds mystery. He knows exactly what he is doing IMO.

Alchemist

Arcane
Modding will fix the visuals anyway. The exciting thing about this is the game mechanics engine / custom adventure potential. Honestly I wouldn't mind if it was 100% ASCII, as long as it delivers the true turn-based D&D experience.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You have to pay attention to the details. How many elements are those images I showed you comprised of?

I've made a series of five short travel videos

We'll have to wait for him to show us the full picture before its meaning unravels. For now all we can do is sit back and enjoy this carnival of magic.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess sprite is just harder to do or something?

With token he can buy some stock fantasy image and convert them into tokens instead of actually making the sprites.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Is Pierre the artist for the game, too? If I didn't already know the name of the game, I wouldn't guess it from this image. I really want this game to succeed, but stuff like this makes me worry.

1.png
1) i want to give him money
2) just looking at that lower half font against the background makes my eyes re-focus epilleptically in an infinite loop and causes nausea
3) how does he manage to do it? :lol:

Tigranes

Arcane
All this time we thought Pierre & Cleve would be the developer team fantasy to win video games forever

Only now do we realise that in that team, Pierre would be the artist

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting news from the forums.

Quick post for a good news: GOG.com has contacted me, so I expect to be able to have KotC and KotC 2 on GOG as well as Steam!

GOG said that the community has been more and more interested in getting KotC on their platform. Thank you guys, you're awesome!

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
what does exactly mean that "people who back in the first 24 hours will receive their download details first"?

HeroicFantasyGames.ComCreatorabout 4 hours ago
Hello Valelarch, thank you for your post and great support! You have a cool RPG name. I will add it to the KotC 2 random name selector!
To answer your question, I've created a system for sending out emails containing the download details.
It can take quite a while to send out emails to hundreds or thousands of recipients.
I will make sure to give priority to the people who pledged in the first 24 hours by inputting their email addresses into the system first.
I hope that clarifies things. Cheers! :)

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
In before everyone who pledged gets nothing because his system just eats their information and deletes it forever. Not out of malice or greed, but just sheer incompetence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom