Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex GOTY 2021

GOTY

• Total voters

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Proudly voted for Dark Alliance. It seems there's one more person who did that :lol:

What a shitty year all around.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
You have to be a special kind of retard to vote for King's Bounty 2. :D

Sunri

Liturgist
Merry Christmas, bro. I just don't like Wrath.

>is not fair you should use newer titles as example
Depends on how recent we can go? I played Age of Decadence and thought its flavorful writing was as good as Planescape.

I played it 2 and hated that I was forced to take certain options to progress story with my build otherwise I was getting fucked.
However this is not writing per se but gameplay. Originally this exchange was about writing.

I can't appreciate writing if I can't experience it.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
poll can be closed, 2021 didnt host any competition. maybe if GOTY would split into OSKAR categories like Best Story, Best Companions, Best Combat, or The Ascent would have had more content than a gameplay demo...

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pathfinder can't be that bad. It's improved combat system and no kingdom management, right? Haven't played it.

I'd like to try Atom, but it runs like crap on my potato.

Nevada might be nice. Mods suck though. The first 15 minutes of Archolos are so amateurish in every way I had to turn the "game" off and I'm yet to come back to it.

Nevertheless, this thread is a source of inspiration.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Pathfinder can't be that bad. It's improved combat system and no kingdom management, right? Haven't played it.
Kingdom management is replaced with the crusade. Imo the crusade is much more enjoyable than Kingdom Management but it still distracts from the standard CRPG aspects. I would say the combat is better but some people heavily disagree.

gogis

Scholar
I've only played Urtuk. I liked it. I am gonna check KotC2, I had no idea it existed, I loved first. Otherwise I pretty much stopped playing RPGs because all of it was shit for a decade. I am getting too old...

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I've only played Urtuk. I liked it. I am gonna check KotC2, I had no idea it existed, I loved first. Otherwise I pretty much stopped playing RPGs because all of it was shit for a decade. I am getting too old...
Most not all. Within 10 years you have Underrail (really good), Age of Decadence (less good but interesting) and a few others. Not to mention some tactical games with very strong crpg elements like Legless Battle Simulator (really good). And a few others. If you told me "last 5 years" instead of "decade" then you'd be closer to the truth.

hackncrazy

Savant
I just wish you'd place Aeterna Noctis on the list. Since it's not there, I voted for the second best that is Ender Lilies.

Sunri

Liturgist
The only thing that is even close to Pathfinder in the poll is not even a game damm

hat-hat-kid.gif

Sunri

Liturgist
I can't appreciate writing if I can't experience it.
W-w-wh-what?

If wanted to truly experience writing in that game I would need to finish multiple play trough with different builds I played AoD twice the first time i didn't know that you need to hyper specialize, so I got soft locked quite fast second time with a guy that was focusing on talking and skipped all combat to be honest I don't remember almost anything from that game except that combat was unfun and there were weird aliens at the end lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom