Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

vazha

Arcane
Andnjord With all due respect, sirrah, wrestling (and subsequent field reporting) > mining, if I have any say in the matter.

Andnjord

Arcane
Andnjord With all due respect, sirrah, wrestling (and subsequent field journalism) > mining, if I have any say in the matter.
You don't, that's why I asked Kalin :love:
You can always argue your case with him, I'm sure knowing your preferences will have a positive impact on his decision.
And consider this, what's better for the good of the fortress? Inquisitive suspicious journalism or honest mining labor? Are you even a real Kommunist? :smug:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
YES! Gimme da snazzy shit, big bonaz baby! Gotta gib me da silver hammer first thang do - no bamboozling! Miners can hab pozha forever, ah can draft Dayyo's waifu Suckzy as replaysment. Bettah fighta anuway.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In honour of baud:

A weregecko bit my neck,
I'd be a dead ass wreck,
But because I'm a dorf,
All I did was barf,
And the bins I went to check.

Last edited:

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
I will NOT use DFHack designation-priority system
Heh, i'll try to be less of a DF bore (or hide that shit in spoilers).
DFHack priority does not work with construction of stuff IIRC, it's for mining, treecutting and stuff like that.

getting attacked by a werebeast after a year in the game was quite unlikely
In my games it's sort of the norm, first year and a half is prime time for werebeasts. They frequently arrive before any other aggressors (sieges and such). I might just be unlucky, plus i tend to run the world gen for 300 years or more.

wrestling (and subsequent field reporting) > mining
Minig can then translate to battle, for if you arm your soldier with a pick (and pick is a good weapon, it's like a battle axe with less contact area) mining skill will determine the effectiveness of that soldier's strikes.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
SmartCheetah, I was wrong. We don't any unassigned male dwarves, only children.

Here is the oldest kid:

Dayyalu's son who has the potential of becoming a great fighter one day.

He is only 11, though. I suggest you wait for the next migrant wave, which is bound to happen sooner than this child growing up.

OZJheRv.png

Now, Kommissar, what I attmepted to say is: maybe it is a good idea to seal off the fortress for every full moon?

I see. Well, that would be overly-paranoid even by my standards. Ordering all our hunters, foragers, fishermen, woodcutters, surface farmers, haulers and whatever other random dorfs outside to git underground and close the gates every time the full moon rises? Nah. This world is populated by 28 000+ civilized creatures, and only 94 of them are werebeast. Well, probably 95 now.

Honestly, getting attacked by one of them is a Klassic Kase of KKK's bad luck.

Miners can hab pozha forever, ah can draft Dayyo's waifu Suckzy as replaysment. Bettah fighta anuway.

She is unassigned, so you should pick a preferred weapon for her.

4zgOyNp.png

Also note that

We will only be able to make you a silver war hammer if we get actual silver from smelting tetrahedrite. We have 4 chunks in total. I quote the wiki:

Smelting tetrahedrite will produce 4 copper bars and 0-4 silver bars (with a 20% chance of each silver bar being produced). On average, each nugget of tetrahedrite will produce less than one bar of silver when smelted.

You can do the math yourself.

Heh, i'll try to be less of a DF bore (or hide that shit in spoilers).

Nah, it's cool. Gibs me major giggles.

DFHack priority does not work with construction of stuff IIRC, it's for mining, treecutting and stuff like that.

I STAND CORRECTED.

In my games it's sort of the norm, first year and a half is prime time for werebeasts. They frequently arrive before any other aggressors (sieges and such). I might just be unlucky, plus i tend to run the world gen for 300 years or more.

Older worlds have more werebeasts. If you check your world via Legends Viewer and set filter like this:

J8gVRq2.png

I'm sure you'll see WAY more than 94 living werebeasts.

Andnjord

Arcane
Also note that

We will only be able to make you a silver war hammer if we get actual silver from smelting tetrahedrite. We have 4 chunks in total. I quote the wiki:

Smelting tetrahedrite will produce 4 copper bars and 0-4 silver bars (with a 20% chance of each silver bar being produced). On average, each nugget of tetrahedrite will produce less than one bar of silver when smelted.

You can do the math yourself.

It only takes one bar to craft a war hammer so I should be pretty safe.

I STAND CORRECTED.

Older worlds have more werebeasts. If you check your world via Legends Viewer and set filter like this:

Show Spoiler
J8gVRq2.png

I'm sure you'll see WAY more than 94 living werebeasts.

FUN fact: My very first fortress was destroyed by a weresquirrel. Having no idea what I was doing at the time, I felt pretty proud of myself when I managed to kill it while suffering no casualties and only a few minor scratches and bites. THEN the full moon came.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is Baud even capable of infecting anyone with a bite, considering that most of his teeth are serving as our tasteful new decoration now?

Anyway, Baud is a hero of the motherland motherfortress who upheld the values of KKKommunism when everyone else was an epic failure. He was the hero we got when we did not deserve it in the slightest. No way we just leave him to die like a bankrupt capitalist. :salute:

Option 2: fight for his life till the bitter end.
Need some clarification first tho: is it save to feed him until day x, after which his transformation would be confirmed by rapid wound healing or something?

In that case send someone expendable like Reinhardt Spigot to water his roots and keep the prolebashers ready. When push comes to shove, Kalin can do what he does best and bash him. Well, "best" because nobody else has a weapon. Winner by lack of competion.
TWOnKLq.png
Das rite da best! Wait wut???

In case he dies, we will create a proper sarcophagus for him, that will also serve as an inspiration for Azira.
Oh and a little stone box for the remains of that other dwarf too. She may have been unasigned, but was still a more worthy KKKommudwarf than most of our leadership together. Excluding the KKKommisar of course.

Also:
c9XcSR9.png
Go to sleep, doctor.

4o6H0Qw.png
Sleep. *walks outside*
I still got it. :obviously:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Heheheh silver warhammah can't wait!

(ah don do maths maths do me)

Stukaz can use SPEAR we need a spear-chucker.

Also waddafuk it sayz krossabow melee depens on dorfhamma skill did u boozle me with dat unable to smash a dyke pitch?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Also waddafuk it sayz krossabow melee depens on dorfhamma skill did u boozle me with dat unable to smash a dyke pitch?

Crossbow is a pathetic melee weapon. Another excerpt from the wiki:

Nonetheless, marksdwarves that are approached by enemies will engage in melee combat with them, using the butt of their crossbows like hammers. Because of this it is useful to cross-train your dwarves with hammering skill, so that they will be better able to stand their ground in a fight, but a marksdwarf fighting a similarly armed and armored enemy with a melee weapon will usually lose either way. Focusing their training in defensive skills such as Blocking and Dodging is much more convenient, since it lets them at least hold off the enemy long enough to give a soldier more suited for melee combat a chance to surprise the enemy and dispatch them quickly.

The denser the material, the more damage a crossbow butt-strike will do in melee combat. Metal, specifically copper with its SOLID_DENSITY of 8930, performs the best and feather tree wood the worst.

Need some clarification first tho: is it save to feed him until day x, after which his transformation would be confirmed by rapid wound healing or something?

Instant wound healing. Although I don't know if he regains consciousness immediately

In that case send someone expendable like Reinhardt Spigot to water his roots and keep the prolebashers ready. When push comes to shove, Kalin can do what he does best and bash him. Well, "best" because nobody else has a weapon. Winner by lack of competion.

If we settle on option 2 (feeding and healing Baud regardless of his werebeast nature), I plan to keep the Prolebashers inside the hospital during the full moon. If he turns, they will be ready.

Is Baud even capable of infecting anyone with a bite, considering that most of his teeth are serving as our tasteful new decoration now?

No, he--

Unles we--

Hrmpf. If we beat the rest of Baud's teeth... Maybe he will no longer be contagious?

:philosoraptor:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
1tkud7F.png

Hummm, that little dwarf had a fair point. The fortress needs to be able to defend itself against attacks if my baby is to be safe. And we cannot fulfill our *goal* without safe access to the surface... We need weapons, and for that, we need ore. Metallurgy is, after all, one of the main current of craftdwarfship, and we will need both industry and resources to make it possible.
And now that I think about it, wooden crossbow without pointy metals won't be very efficient, neither will wooden arms and armours...
Also, considering how many refugees we just got, our food situation needs to be addressed a bit more seriously. Let's change things around.

Very well then:
Activities in the following order of priority for a total of 14 working dwarves. If more are available, then add them, keeping the same proportion.
1. Masonry. 4 dwarves
5. Metalworks. Tools, THEN weapons, THEN armor. 2 dwarves
2. Food and Booze. 2 dwarves
4. Farming. 2 dwarves
6. Textiles. 2 dwarves
7. Clothing. 2 dwarves

Mining Direction
2. Let's DIG. Put our 2 best dwarves on it and make them our Skouts of the DEEP.

Citizen

Hrmpf. If we beat the rest of Baud's teeth... Maybe he will no longer be contagious?

But would teeth regenerate when he shapeshifts? If no, then it would be wise to remove them for the safety of the kastle.

If yes... Then he can serve as an endless source of dorf teeth for trade? Just saying...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Wall him in.

Oh, and it seems my intern was drafted.
I should pick another one then. Blibablubb seems interested. I'll set her to work straight away.
It'd be super if she made medical supplies when she's not assisting me (as in most of the time). :obviously:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Remember how deadly those are!
Three pages of battle. IT GOES ON FOR 15 PAGES MORE. Just the fucking weregecko whipping the shit out of Baud with a SOCK. And not in a "gently touching" kind of way. Werebeasts are supernaturally strong. You can see that each time Baud's skin was torn, and his neck bent by the sheer force. However, if at some point the gecko decided to use his teeth, legs, claws OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN BAUD'S SOCK, I estimate his chances of survival as non-existent.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Voting.
Wall him in. Nut-kin wants his ass safe, even if its all about being Kalin's kicktoy right now.
If he's not contagious, dig him out. Then, when he won't survive the treatment, wall him back again. The sacrifices have been made, its time for an unknown soldier's grave now.

(Grimwulf, I won't be able to participate meaningfully for about a week or so, so act for Nutkin in most egoistic way possible. Kolony's glory is second priority.)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

No, he--

Unles we--

:philosoraptor:

Discovery requires... experimentation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom