Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Citizen

Somewhere on a secret russian govt forum, VVP is doing a hilarious Let's Rule Russia LP
Trump: "if there is any male kwa president in new wave of recruits i'll take it"

"Ughh, so whoever is responsible for firefighting and shit, let's roll a d6 to see what you're going to do with the current situation in siberia"

6 - Critical success, you are given all the resources available to extinguish the fires in a minimal amount of time
5/4 - Succeess, you get enough resources and army provides you with manpower to organize firefighting
3/2 - Failure, you get my support, but get the money elsewhere
1 - "EStiMaTEd ExPENsES wOulD ExCeEd tHe pROgnoSed HaRM"

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Die are an invention of the bourgeoisie to spoil workers of their wages through gambling. Thus die and all other gambling apparatus are non-kommunist, tools of oppression of the proletariat by the bourgeoisie and forbidden on pain of Gulag.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Die are an invention of the bourgeoisie to spoil workers of their wages through gambling. Thus die and all other gambling apparatus are non-kommunist, tools of oppression of the proletariat by the bourgeoisie and forbidden on pain of Gulag.

We could spin dreidels instead?
:troll:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
2nd Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Central Square

oOcort3.png

2UdVrLA.png
Throwing my support behind Grimwulf, for what little it's worth.

PV80FJy.png
*takes up position behind Kalin, poised to BASH him if Helly triumphs*

nvv7rfL.png
Moh boy and I will stand with Grim. He tok us in and gave us a new home.

4o6H0Qw.png
My vote is for Grimwulf of course. Could have it no other way.

1tkud7F.png
*looks in frustration as the dwarves position themselves behind Grimwulf*

siSaJv9.png
*stands firmly by Helly's side*

1tkud7F.png
Lizzurd!

0UY8kAw.png
HELLY IS THE ROOT OF EVIL! Emperor of dwarfkind is our leader! I vote for Grimwulf!

1tkud7F.png
Cowards, cowards everywhere. You know what is wrong with this place, and yet you persist.

lLtAqSI.png
It's OVER, Helly! Put down your axe before I order my dwarves to behead you with it!

1tkud7F.png
*throws her copper axe on the floor*

PV80FJy.png
SGvQrRn.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
XySctEP.png
hblLrIX.png
*step in, putting makeshift shackles on Helly and Wayward Son*

1tkud7F.png
*doesn't resist* I am so, so disappointed with all of you.

lLtAqSI.png
What did you fucking expect, you monster? MY LOYAL SUBORDINATES voting for KALIN of all dwarves? Look at him! LOOK!

TWOnKLq.png

lLtAqSI.png
It was HIS fault we lost TWO KOMRADES during the werebeast attack! It was HIS poor performance as the first manager that dragged us down into the ass we're currently in! You were supposed to FIX the goddamn situation which KALIN created, and THAT is your solution? To put KALIN in charge?! KALIN! FUCKING KALIN!

RfBAqzQ.png
*tries hard not to lose his shit*

1tkud7F.png
Well played, Grimwulf. Always finding someone to blame for your own failures.

4o6H0Qw.png
Grim might be misrepresenting some facts, but the point still stands. You've made it worse for everyone, Helly. You. Not Grimwulf, not the others.

lLtAqSI.png
TODAY is the WORST day my fortress has ever, and WILL EVER see! This means that starting from now all I want to see is PROGRESS! And since all of you are gathered here, IGNORING THE GODDAMN WORK YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO, I want EVERYONE to cast their votes! We're holding elections AND voting for important decisions! Namely Spigot's punishment, and the gates situation.

Hours later

KuUlcLF.png
Sukhavati, I urge you to reconsider your choice. To stand by and watch an innocent dwarf be sentenced to death by mining - I am old, weary, in the early stage of boneitis - and do nothing? It would be shameful. Help me, my friend.

XHw0wrF.png

lLtAqSI.png
Kommunistic Konsensus has spoken, Spigot. You are sentenced to one year of working in the mines.

KuUlcLF.png
Once these foreign agents have removed me from the safety of the brewery it is clear I won't last long. Don't think for a second I'll be the last to go.

4o6H0Qw.png
A year in the mines will do you good. But opening those gates will be our downfall.

lLtAqSI.png
Maybe. Now CAST YOUR VOTES for appointments! The previous team proved to be COMPLETELY incompetent, so this time I want ONLY THE BEST!

More hours later

CbNurbC.png
Are you out of your goddamn mind?! Appointing the TRAITOR as an administrator of Angèrith?!

2UdVrLA.png
I will not waste my time defending myself against old charges. My abilities speak for themselves - I have the best skills for the job.

2c3ryeE.png
Forget about the broker, why are we putting the least safety-concerned dwarf, and a woman to add, on the manager's position?!

lLtAqSI.png
DEBATES ARE OVER! Super Vatnik is the manager from now on.

XHw0wrF.png
I never asked for this.

lLtAqSI.png
Your desires are irrelevant when Redlabored is at stake!

XHw0wrF.png
In that case, I'll use the Managerial Power of Veto to override the votes on Spigot's punishment so we can produce booze at maximum efficiency.

TWOnKLq.png
Muh new BRO SPIGOT is muh new sekond in kommand!

XHw0wrF.png
The Kommander's edict of conscription is inviolable, the Kommander's position, however, is not.

TWOnKLq.png
U WOT?! Awrigh, DAS IT--

An hour of violent verbal fighting later

KuUlcLF.png
So first, our new manager abstains like a bitch during the vote for Spigot's punishment, and at the time I thought she was just proving herself a coward who would desert a dying man, but now she's trying some legalese nonsense to usurp Kalin's orders and keep me chained to the still!

TWOnKLq.png
If Sucky wants Spiggy she can FITE ME!

XHw0wrF.png
Well, threatening one's superior is an out-and-out declaration of treason.

TWOnKLq.png
Yer NUT MAH SUPERIAH, dedbrains, yer AN ADMINISTRATU, jes like me!

KuUlcLF.png
It is clear to me now that she has been acting out of jealousy of my sweet pet lion tamarin. You're going to the top of the list motherfucker!

TWOnKLq.png
Here's wut wat: Tamburin? Dat kritter is now offishul militia mascot, a DEEP reprusentaishun of glorious KKK dominating elven possi! If you sell it - militia GOES ON STRIKE! Gud luk defending ur own sheit without KKK MILISHU!

2UdVrLA.png
Now the militia striking over a fucking monkey is not something I am going to be responsible for. I am selling the tamarin and if the militia decides to strike over it then they can explain their decision - and how it wasn't blatant treason - to the Kommissar.

lLtAqSI.png
ENOOOOUUUUUUGH!! That's a WHOLE NEW LEVEL of Low! Fighting between yourselves in front of the whole fortress! Great dwarven leaders, my arse!!

c9XcSR9.png
jUUDMXQ.png
4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
punqU5x.png
44fJDgQ.png
KuUlcLF.png
o44H4SR.png
CbNurbC.png
G51kElb.png
ccuaZQP.png
OprlNpv.png
0UY8kAw.png
PV80FJy.png
SGvQrRn.png
061EwNk.png
3xGOOtN.png
sG7GS0v.png
qT4LDO9.png
XySctEP.png
hblLrIX.png
XHw0wrF.png
2UdVrLA.png
CUcEB7R.png
H34MOqw.png
25Ot6SJ.png
CrmPVDL.png
kCv2T60.png
siSaJv9.png
1tkud7F.png
sU7cUKl.png
*everyone is still gathered on the central square, screaming and debating between themselves*

lLtAqSI.png
GIT BACK TO WORK, ALL OF YOU! Administrators, meet me in my office! Speaking of which, Gimli!

jUUDMXQ.png
Givi.

lLtAqSI.png
Carry my glorious armored body to my private quarters!

jUUDMXQ.png
Umm, why me?

lLtAqSI.png
I need someone STRAIGHT to do it! You are the least gay komrade of KKK. Also, SOMEBODY PULL THAT LEVER already!

loMNdRf.png

lLtAqSI.png
I heard the Queen's liaison is waiting outside. I imagine he'd want to have a talk. Besides, new migrants need to be KKKommission'd. So again, I want each and every one of my administrators in the office.

4o6H0Qw.png
Psst. Grim. *whispers* You might wanna wait with opening the gates. Let's talk it over in private first.

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf. Fine. *gestures to Givi*

jUUDMXQ.png
*struggles to lift Grimwulf* HHHHHNNNNGGGG

lLtAqSI.png
HEY! NO HUGGING!

I had to drop the armor.

:negative:

cDhjsXn.png

Otherwise, I would die of hunger, thirst, dehydration and muscle pain.

Late Night
Redlabored, Kommissar's Quarters

TWOnKLq.png
4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
2UdVrLA.png
*enter Grimwulf's Office*

lLtAqSI.png
I assume you gave the necessary orders before coming here? Don't want my fortress loitering while we discuss your incompetence.

TWOnKLq.png
Did sum' persunell chunges in mah squad.

Zayx7vT.png

TWOnKLq.png
From now on, KKK MILITIA is ELITE UNIT!

BbWAA5e.png

TWOnKLq.png
Wepunz-wise we're gud. Still no armur tho.

What you see below is Prolebasher's current equipment. Everyone, with a notable exception of Lagole, has a real weapon and a wooden shield. The squad currently sports:
- 2 Hammerdwarves (Kalin and Spigot)
- 3 Axedwarves (Kalarion, Brother Frank, Storyfag)
- 1 Speardwarf (Stukos)
- 1 Marksdwarf (Smart Cheetah)
- 1 Lagole Lon

A thing to remember is we have no archery range, neither do we plan to build one in the foreseen future. Any marksdwarves recruited by Kalin will be training in bashing their opponents with crossbows in melee.

FgVpo4o.png

ypd4m46.png

8A8sCJc.png

6KTabEt.png

0LAgsor.png

97CmzNd.png

yg30LxL.png

sSKE3RR.png

lLtAqSI.png
What about Helly?

TWOnKLq.png
Wot about her? CHAIND UP in mah barrucks, protektad by da Prolebushus.

4o6H0Qw.png
I thought you were friends. *mumbles* If not lovers.

TWOnKLq.png
I am KALIN, SON OF KALIN! Mah only friend is MAH WAR HAMMAH!

2UdVrLA.png
I'm curious. Aren't you insulted that not a single dwarf voted for you being the new Kommissar ? Not even your own soldiers?

TWOnKLq.png
Feh. Ah wuz just waitin for moar dorfs to dicklare traitur to smash em all! Kalin ain't no traitur, TRAITUR!

2UdVrLA.png
Here we go again with "traitor" accusations.

4o6H0Qw.png
He has a point, though.

DUelvJM.png
Yep. We all read the latest issue of Angèrith Examiner.

lLtAqSI.png
Fucking DROP IT already, all of you! Where is the manager?

DUelvJM.png
Ummm, we thought she was here..?

Meanwhile in Sukhavati's Office

XHw0wrF.png
*scribbles some notes, looks at them in frustration, then picks another sheet and starts again*

PV80FJy.png
*enters the room* May I?

XHw0wrF.png
*gestures Merc to sit down without even looking at him*

PV80FJy.png
Kalin fired me from the squad. Even mumbled something about me doing "gud". That caverns encounter really changed him.

XHw0wrF.png
I'm busy. What do you want?

PV80FJy.png
Hrmpf. That's cold. Well, I came by to let you know that the best carpenter of Redlabored is fully at your service.

XHw0wrF.png
Noted.

PV80FJy.png
Oh, come on! I know you're not the type to make friends or trust others, but it's me! We are both from the original expedition. We're friends!

keX9GB0.png

PV80FJy.png
Tindrli and I are the only original settler-dwarves not involved in politics. You need to talk to someone, Sukhavati! Unless you don't want to chat with ever-indifferent Tindrli, I suggest you make use of my ears and my counsel.

XHw0wrF.png

PV80FJy.png
Just spit it out. What's the problem?

XHw0wrF.png
Everything. The whole fortress is one massive chunk of problems.

PV80FJy.png
Let's start with the most pressing matter.

XHw0wrF.png
Booze.

PV80FJy.png
Booze.

XHw0wrF.png
According to Sqeecoo's latest report, we still have brewable ingredients.

Qmcz9xF.png

XHw0wrF.png
If my calculations are right, this will be enough to last us through the entire Winter.

PV80FJy.png
Our stocks of cave wheat and sweet pods alone should be enough.

XHw0wrF.png
However, they took away our best brewer.

PV80FJy.png
Eryfkrad and Nut-Kin are both talented brewers, if not quite at Spigot's level. No need to worry about that.

XHw0wrF.png
I normally wouldn't, but it is my intention to open a tavern where the dining room used to be.

Naming in DF is done through an intricate name generation process.

A player can input nicknames, profession names, squad names and assorted labels on levers, stockpiles, workshops freely.

But location names must be dwarven.

rRZhAzG.png

Sukhavati's new tavern is called Tinothmostod Idgag, which translates to "The Equal Shame of Subordinates". Don't ask.

Those of you who have DF installed (the game is free, btw) may run the game and fuck around with names generator. If you come up with something better - post your suggestion in the thread. I'll rename the tavern if your suggestion amuses me enough.

This tavern is a temporary measure anyway. We'll need a proper Grand Hall at some point.

1pz0Far.png

PV80FJy.png
That will improve the mood. As well as increase booze consumption.

XHw0wrF.png
I know.

PV80FJy.png
We'll need more ingredients to brew.

XHw0wrF.png
I know.

PV80FJy.png
Back to foraging then?

XHw0wrF.png
Too dangerous. Setting up surface farms somewhere close to the outpost is safer and more reliable in the long run.

PV80FJy.png
With Helly turning her back on us, our most experienced growers are Sqeecoo and Reinhardt.

XHw0wrF.png
They are too valuable. Working on the surface is dangerous, thus I will assign someone more...

PV80FJy.png

XHw0wrF.png
... expendable.

PV80FJy.png
Good Gods, Sukhavati!

XHw0wrF.png
I don't want another Baud situation.

PV80FJy.png
So now you're dividing us into first-class and second-class citizens? And what's your criteria, if I may inquire?

XHw0wrF.png
Simple. Those who didn't vote will be sent to the surface farms.

PV80FJy.png
Aren't you a hypocrite! You barely ever vote for anything yourself!

XHw0wrF.png
I only abstain from political votings.

PV80FJy.png
Bullshit. You said nothing when we were deciding Baud's fate!

XHw0wrF.png

PV80FJy.png
You were silent when we sent Spigot to the mines!

XHw0wrF.png
You were among those who voted for it.

PV80FJy.png
Because I believed it was right. One year of hard work would break his overblown pride. I have an opinion, and I stand by it. You, on the other hand, prefer to go with the flow.

XHw0wrF.png
If you're here to support me, you're not doing a good job.

PV80FJy.png
I'm here because you are my friend.

R2gNlAk.png

PV80FJy.png
That's what friends do. Tell the truth, no matter how repellent it is.

XHw0wrF.png
Your truth doesn't help the current situation one bit.

PV80FJy.png
Dwarves will hate you for making them work on the surface. No tavern will change this.

punqU5x.png
*knocks on the door*

XHw0wrF.png
WHAT?!

punqU5x.png
Umm, the Kommissar demands your presence in his Quarters. "Right fucking NOW", he said.

A bit later

XHw0wrF.png
*Enters Kommissar's Quarters*

TWOnKLq.png
Farkin' finally.

DUelvJM.png
Where have you been? We have a Kounsil, you know?

XHw0wrF.png
I'd rather do my job than waste my breath.

lLtAqSI.png
That's not how Kommunism works. We talk. We listen. We make decisions.

4o6H0Qw.png
Tell me you didn't pull that lever yet.

XHw0wrF.png
Not yet.

4o6H0Qw.png
Shoduk be praised. Komrades, as the Kommanding Physician of Redlabored, I strongly suggest we delay pulling the lever until our brewers produce enough booze to sate everyone's thirst.

XHw0wrF.png
With all due respect doctor, seventy dwarves are dying of thirst as we speak. You can't make them wait for booze.

2UdVrLA.png
They will fight each other for every barrel and goblet of ale.

DUelvJM.png
Hell, even I am ready to drink water at this point.

TWOnKLq.png
Ye. My throut is dry as Citizun's pussi.

4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
2UdVrLA.png
XHw0wrF.png
lLtAqSI.png

TWOnKLq.png
Wot..? WOT, NO!! I-I mean she's OLD, ok? I didun mean-- OH, FUKK YOU! ALL OF YOU!

4o6H0Qw.png
... Anyway, if you open the gates now, everyone will drink from the river. Or worse.

lLtAqSI.png
Aye. So?

4o6H0Qw.png
*sigh* Look, I understand, no self-respecting dwarf knows anything about water. But I, as a doctor, ensure you - not every water is drinkable. The water in the rivers and ponds is foul. It will damage your mood and, quite possibly, your health.

2UdVrLA.png
Somehow I'm sure that not-drinking-at-all will kill us faster than drinking bad water.

4o6H0Qw.png
Your opinion is highly dismissable as always.

XHw0wrF.png
Grimwulf, it's not just about water. We have to open the gates and send Kalin's squad outside. Something isn't right there - we all heard sounds of battle.

DUelvJM.png
We know for a fact that Tekkud the liaison is outside. He's been banging on the gates for weeks now. Apparently, he was fighting with someone. Or something.

yksE2pd.png

2UdVrLA.png
I've also heard child screams.

3cmK1jg.png

lLtAqSI.png
Well, what are we waiting for? KALIN, gather your glorified cocksuckers you call ELITE SQUAD and get your sassy butts outside! Make sure the komrades stay underground until you clear the area!

TWOnKLq.png
*walks outside grumbling* I'd better git a bonaz.

lLtAqSI.png
And while the Kommander struggles to bash some rodents, I want to hear our new manager.

XHw0wrF.png
What do you want to hear exactly?

lLtAqSI.png
Solutions.

XHw0wrF.png
*inhales sharply* We'll set up surface farms to grow more stuff we can brew. It's safer than foraging.

DUelvJM.png
AHEM! I say we focus completely on collecting brewable plants from the surface.

XHw0wrF.png
Good thing you are not the manager of Redlabored.

DUelvJM.png
Maybe not. But I am the creator of Artobvod. Combinedsound.

KKOI7gF.png

DUelvJM.png
This is a life or death situation for our fort and I'll stop at nothing to try to focus all our efforts on this, which should include pausing all other work that may distract from it and giving it all the dwarfpower it needs.

XHw0wrF.png
Dwarves will DIE, Sqeecoo!

DUelvJM.png
We must provide the masses with BARRELS of booze, or the masses will lose faith in Kommunism. It is as simple as that. Kommissar! For old time's sake!

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf. Sasquatch is right.

XHw0wrF.png
About losing faith in Kommunism? Seriously?

lLtAqSI.png
No. She's right about being the creator of Combinedsound. I overrule your decision, Suka Vata. Send as many foragers as you can to gather brewable plants. And order Mark to make some stepladders so we can gather fruits from trees.

XHw0wrF.png
This is ridiculous. Fine! I'll send our less... valuable dwarves.

lLtAqSI.png
We're all equals here.

XHw0wrF.png
*looks around Grimwulf's royal room* Sure.

lLtAqSI.png
What about the fortress construction?

XHw0wrF.png
I've appointed Tindrli as the Head Miner. Was thinking about Givi, he might be a better leader overall, but the fortress needs a dedicated mining force. I will also take the pick as soon as you let me go.

4o6H0Qw.png
You are the manager now, Sukhavati. Wasting your time on mining is plain silly.

XHw0wrF.png
Don't care. The sooner we're done with digging out this layer, the better.

lLtAqSI.png
What about the industries?

XHw0wrF.png
We'll focus on processing stone and metal ores. I ordered to clear up some storage space and set up additional smelters and masonries.

axa7K5g.png

XHw0wrF.png
A temporary measure to speed up the workflow. I've also ordered to rebuild our dining room into a proper tavern.

lLtAqSI.png
So that we stop working completely?

XHw0wrF.png
So that we vent off the steam. Redlabored suffers, Grimwulf.

Nobody freaked out at Unib's corpse as much as Fedora Master. He experienced panic attacks (which means stopping whatever useless shit he was doing and starting to cry instead) at least four times, even after she was long buried.

Unib's wife wasn't as horrified at her death as Fedora Master.

dtTbLRo.png

4o6H0Qw.png
I'm with Sukhavati on this one. Had a chat with Mediant recently, he told me that the most stressed-out dwarf in Redlabored is Kalin.

Sad, but true. Kalin is the closest to mental break among all of us. Although all members of the original expedition are at risk of losing it, apart from Tindrli - he is quite happy doing what he does.

As a rule of thumb, when forced to live in shitty conditions, those who've been in the fortress the longest are the ones who carry the greatest risk of suffering a meltdown. Azira, Grimwulf, Sukhavati, Kalin, Sqeecoo, Merc - none of us is stable.

B5RUkX9.png

4o6H0Qw.png
We can all imagine what will happen if Kalin goes berserk.

DUelvJM.png
He will kill us all.

4o6H0Qw.png
Exactly.

lLtAqSI.png
Then why did you all vote for Kalin to retain the Kommander position?

4o6H0Qw.png
DUelvJM.png
2UdVrLA.png

XHw0wrF.png
I didn't.

lLtAqSI.png
You never vote for anything, ye passive-arsed kommunism-hating piece of

XHw0wrF.png
Are we done yet? There is a fortress waiting to be constructed.

lLtAqSI.png
Aye, about that. I want you to start with this *shows a hastily scribbled scheme*

310p4z4.png

XHw0wrF.png
You want to build a temple before we finish the Food District? A temple to Ecum Fairrighteous of all Gods?

lLtAqSI.png
Of course not. Who cares about Ecum Fairrighteous? I only need you to dig a tunnel to the downward stairs right here:

SfYUOD4.png

lLtAqSI.png
And dig out a small section below the temple.

68uDXIV.png

XHw0wrF.png
Why?

lLtAqSI.png
This is the Hall of Shame, which will be expanded if needed. I need it RIGHT NAW, so we can place statues of Helly and her husband there.

XHw0wrF.png

lLtAqSI.png
Statues, engraved stone slabs, engravings on the walls - in other words, everything we come up with to make sure their transgression will NOT be forgotten. Or forgiven.

XHw0wrF.png
... Can I go now?

lLtAqSI.png
Go. And take this order list with you.

y0znI3k.png

XHw0wrF.png
What the hell is this thing?

lLtAqSI.png
Your goddamn job, sorted by priority.

XHw0wrF.png

lLtAqSI.png
On the top is a few pieces of furniture I need for my quarters. Not happy with them at the moment.

P5AyuwD.png

lLtAqSI.png
Then there is the copper ore. I need it all smelted into copper bars.

NCRbzH0.png

lLtAqSI.png
Then we have stepladders, buckets, and hunting equipment, which we sorely lack. Armor for our military, along with a few additional picks, just in case. Barrels.

XHw0wrF.png
One hundred barrels?

lLtAqSI.png
Blame General Secretary, she insisted.

DUelvJM.png
BARRELS. We can never have enough BARRELS, and we'll eventually need more than the 98 BARRELS we have.

XHw0wrF.png
What the f--

lLtAqSI.png
NEXT, we have stone slabs for the upcoming Hall of Shame, and gneiss cabinets for Kommunalka. Because that bastard Spigot sold all the cabinets we had.

XHw0wrF.png
Should I even ask about gold chains?

lLtAqSI.png
We'll need them eventually. For the prison.

XHw0wrF.png
Gold. Chains.

lLtAqSI.png
Aye. A proper Kommunistic Prison.

4o6H0Qw.png
Ahem. A minor addition, if I may?

mUNSLt0.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Need a traction bench for my hospital, you see.

0xjPRqH.jpg

4o6H0Qw.png
My patients twitch during routine procedures, making my work a lot harder. This bench will help a lot.

XHw0wrF.png
... I'll just go. *grabs the order list and goes away*

lLtAqSI.png
That's the spirit. AWRIGHT, Ludicrous Fever!

2UdVrLA.png
... Are you talking to me?

lLtAqSI.png
Let's discuss our trading policies.

5th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
The Outpost, Dining Room

Sew6RfF.png

CrmPVDL.png
*looks at Bliblablubb in sadness*

c9XcSR9.png
What's wrong? Confused.

CrmPVDL.png
You are not my Rith anymore, are you?

c9XcSR9.png

CrmPVDL.png
Is she dead?

c9XcSR9.png
Of course not. She is happy. Silly.

CrmPVDL.png
Will she ever come back?

c9XcSR9.png
*shrugs and looks around the Dining Room*

sU7cUKl.png
G51kElb.png
oovs6Cs.png
*arguing about something in the opposite corner*

c9XcSR9.png
I recognize Tobul and Chaosdwarft. Who is the third one?

CrmPVDL.png
Onul Earthenmaroon. A rather... straight-forward dwarf, came here with Andnjord's group. I'm keeping a close eye on her since the day she arrived.

c9XcSR9.png
Why?

CrmPVDL.png
She has "troublemaker" written all over her head.

zUcLVXB.png

c9XcSR9.png
Her face looks strangely familiar...

CrmPVDL.png
No surprise here. Onul is Brother Frank's younger sister.

SBus1Sb.png

c9XcSR9.png
They kinda do look alike! Touching.

o44H4SR.png
oovs6Cs.png

XDelaU2.png

CrmPVDL.png
Shhh. Let's listen. Sounds like there is a conflict...

oovs6Cs.png
Well, FUCK Sukhavati, and FUCK you too!

sU7cUKl.png
Onul, please, calm down.

oovs6Cs.png
Tobul, with all respect to your loss, I will NOT tolerate this shit any longer!

G51kElb.png
You're being a bit over-dramatic.

oovs6Cs.png
Oh, oh, EXCUSE ME, Your Highness, I seem to forget my manners sometimes. How could I, a second-class citizen, ever think of speaking so FUCKING RUDE in your presence?!

G51kElb.png

oovs6Cs.png
What's the matter? Our farmer-turned-furnace-operator has nothing more to say? How about farewell to the second-class citizen sent ON THE FUCKING SURFACE to gather plants that we don't even need? HUH?!

CrmPVDL.png
She's about to lose it. We should step in.

c9XcSR9.png
You go. I'll watch. Curious.

CrmPVDL.png
*approaches Onul*

oovs6Cs.png
Get outta here. I don't need no brainwashing. Why don't you go to Her Majesty Sukhavati and tell her to open those gates already? Dwarves are dying.

sKHgzsG.png

CrmPVDL.png
I overheard you arguing. Look. It's not like you're the only one sent on the surf--

oovs6Cs.png
Oh, FUCK YOU, Mediant! You know what's the worst part? My sister gets a position in the military. Yeah. The bitch who voted against her Kommander, carrying a newborn baby. I have ALWAYS been a better fighter than her!

YrlpJXz.png

oovs6Cs.png
I fought elves, monsters, and elven monsters.

VcIuC2q.png

oovs6Cs.png
While my sister was making glass and being crazy. But do I get my well-deserved position among the Prolebashers? NO! My cursed sister does! FUCK!

CrmPVDL.png
Why don't we sit down and talk it over?

oovs6Cs.png
I'm done talking. If they don't open those gates right now, I'll go on a killing spree.

G51kElb.png
The Prolebashers are equipping themselves as we speak. As soon as they deal with whatever threats are present outside--

oovs6Cs.png
I AM THE THREAT here, Chaosdwarft! And I'm going to prove it! *heads straight to Sukhavati's Office*

CrmPVDL.png
Onul! ONUL, WAIT!

c9XcSR9.png
Psychology doesn't work, mmm? *steps forward* Onul, listen to me.

oovs6Cs.png
FUCK OFF!

c9XcSR9.png
Listen to me.

oovs6Cs.png
FF-- f. Mm.

c9XcSR9.png
Let me guide you.

oovs6Cs.png
Guide. Me.

CrmPVDL.png
By Olon's pregnant beard. What are you doing to her?

NEQEUsi.png

c9XcSR9.png
You'll see.

Meanwhile in the Barracks

TWOnKLq.png
CUM ON!! WOS TAKEN SU LONK?!

o44H4SR.png
Huff-puff, almost--

The Prolebasers re-equipped themselves almost instantly. Everyone was ready to clear the surface.

Except Brother Frank. For SOME REASON THAT IS BEYOND ME, when Kalin dragged her back to the squad, she decided it's THE BEST TIME to GRAB A HUGE CHUNK OF GALENA ORE with her.

cpbUd3L.jpg

And now we see her trying to hold a copper battle axe, a wooden shield, A BABY, and this FUCKING CHUNK OF ORE that makes her slower than Grimwuf in his golden armor.

Elite squad, my ass.

uw0OJF0.png

TWOnKLq.png
Wamen. WAMEN! :x

o44H4SR.png
*kisses the chunk of ore and puts it down* I'll miss you, Scrubby.

TWOnKLq.png
Everyun came up wid call signs? Wos yours, Spiggy?

KuUlcLF.png
Curmudgeon.

TWOnKLq.png
NOICE.

3xGOOtN.png
I wanna be Spetsnazovchik.

TWOnKLq.png
NUBUDY CARES!

qT4LDO9.png
Penitent. Speaks for itself, I guess.

o44H4SR.png
BMF!!

3xGOOtN.png
Brother Mother Frank?

o44H4SR.png
BANG ME, FUCKER!!

3xGOOtN.png
Umm, okay.

o44H4SR.png
Not you, idiot. I'm talking to Scrubby.

3xGOOtN.png

XySctEP.png
Mercykiller.

KuUlcLF.png
Hrmpf. Because you killed that troglodyte out of mercy?

8KSYFHf.png

XySctEP.png
No. Because I'm trying to kill mercy in myself.

0FvuhZE.png

TWOnKLq.png
Boo-fucking-hoo.

CUcEB7R.png
Sniperdorf.

TWOnKLq.png
See? Manly AN' on point!

061EwNk.png
Bloodhammer of Woe.

TWOnKLq.png
*grunts* Ye'll be LITTUL FAGGUT KRY PUSSI KUNTFACE!

ona3Ov6.png

061EwNk.png
Oh, I'll have me revenge. The delay will only make it sweeter.

TWOnKLq.png
Yer FACE is delayed! *spits* SQUAD, MUV AUT!

6th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
The Surface

J4PV8Kx.png

TWOnKLq.png
KuUlcLF.png
qT4LDO9.png
o44H4SR.png
XySctEP.png
CUcEB7R.png
061EwNk.png
25fCX9L.png
fEGHlHb.png
*The Prolebasher's and Cheetah's war dogs come up to the surface, struggling to see anything due to the blinding rays of sun*

qT4LDO9.png
BRRRRAAAAAAGH, FACE ME, DAMNABLE CREATURES! WHERE ARE YOU?! SHOW YOURSE--

TWOnKLq.png
SHUDDUP!

KzrskTB.png
*approaches Kalin* Let me guess. It was just a prank, huh?

TWOnKLq.png
Tukkut? I thot ye died of old age.

KzrskTB.png
Month, Kalin. One whole month I was waiting outside those gates, banging and screaming for you to open.

v6t46ll.png

TWOnKLq.png
Ye ye, been busi. Rightin' wrongs, lookin' gud, ye know how it is.

KuUlcLF.png
Where is your caravan?

KzrskTB.png
Left. Long time ago, actually. Along with the goods you requested.

XySctEP.png
Gods, that's a lot of monkey corpses laying around.

Ignore the troglodytes. They are roaming the caverns, and the caverns are sealed.

8w9kcDA.png

The troglo group appeared right after Kalin returned to the fortress. They are seeking revenge, I imagine.

vJ92pwn.png

KzrskTB.png
The cursed monkeys went insane, attacking us out of the blue.

XySctEP.png
"Us"?

KzrskTB.png
*points his finger to the south* There is a group of migrants and several monster hunters: Besmar, Vukar, and Litast. They did most of the killing.

The dwarves you see below are monster hunters. They came to Redlabored because we dug deep enough and revealed the first cavern layer. They will not join the fortress ever, but they might petition to stay permanently, working as mercenaries, you could say. Still, they will act however they please, it's impossible to assign labors to them, and thus I won't assign them to anybody unless you specifically ask for it. Think of them as side-kicks.

No real downside of having them around, apart from the need to feed them and keep them drunk. A sacrifice I'm willing to take, considering their superior gear and skills.

qR3fCzp.jpg

eZA4ff0.jpg

FO8SE8G.jpg

NkLLPDM.png
LgM6oR7.png
u8xu1S4.png
*approaching Kalin*

LgM6oR7.png
Well, well. If it isn't the brave kommunists, finally coming out from their hiding hole.

TWOnKLq.png
Got a problum, fuckhead?

LgM6oR7.png
Problem? HAH! Look around and see what happens to my "problems". Now, how about a drink before we get too intimate?

NkLLPDM.png
Protecting your migrants makes a dwarf thirsty, soft-butt. You should try it sometime.

u8xu1S4.png
*descends to the Outpost*

NkLLPDM.png
LgM6oR7.png
*follow Besmar*

TWOnKLq.png
Pricks.

KzrskTB.png
I will show the way to the migrants. Besides, I really need to exchange words with the Kommissar myself. Kalin, do me a favor - finish off the remaining monkeys, will you?

4smD40e.png

KzrskTB.png
And badger boars as well. These critters were also attacking us, but we fought back. Hard.

Z2kEWXj.png

KzrskTB.png
Can't imagine what made the animals go frenzy.

TWOnKLq.png
FEH! Waste of mah fuggin' time!

qT4LDO9.png
*CHARGES at the nearest langur*

TWOnKLq.png
Oh, for fug's sake. PRULBUSHUS, FORWURD!

exD7Wtr.png

ADKR6CA.png
*makes monkey sounds and flips off Kalin*

TWOnKLq.png
U WOT MATE *CHARGES*

m4rF8se.png

ADKR6CA.png
Kkkkhhh

TWOnKLq.png
U R NOT TAMBURIN!! *obliterates the little monkey with a singular strike*

rmQJLiN.png

061EwNk.png
*tries to catch a badger boar*

GdjlVhF.png

x5gDROx.png
*runs away*

061EwNk.png
Pffft. This is stupid.

KuUlcLF.png
The fuck are you doing, lass?

061EwNk.png
I don't have a weapon, genius.

KuUlcLF.png
So what? *intercepts the badger boar*

s1eL4a8.png

061EwNk.png
Poser.

Some minutes later

TWOnKLq.png
Das it. Nu more annoyin' critturs.

ocHqrAr.png

TWOnKLq.png
Gud job, Spiggy.

KuUlcLF.png
Arrrr.

JNysoAl.png

TWOnKLq.png
Da rest of ya SUCK! As always! DUBUL DETH DRILLS!

8th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Kommissar's Quarters

01rU0lV.png

KzrskTB.png

lLtAqSI.png
*snores like a glorious mammoth*

KzrskTB.png
Ahem.

lLtAqSI.png
*snores even louder*

KzrskTB.png
KOMMISSAR GRIMWULF!

lLtAqSI.png
*mumbles* Fuck off, Trudy

KzrskTB.png
WAKE UP!

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf? The hell are you doin' in me bedroom?

KzrskTB.png
We need to talk. Now.

2CCR6R6.png

lLtAqSI.png
I've had a bad day. Scratch that, a bad YEAR. Gotta rest, gather my thoughts.

KzrskTB.png
What happened here? Didn't you hear us calling to open the gates?

lLtAqSI.png
One devious hellspawn decided to sabotage my fortress and end my rulership. Didn't go well for her, as well as for Redlabored.

KzrskTB.png
Tell me more.

lLtAqSI.png
Not in the mood for chattin'. It's over now, so no point in dwelling on it.

KzrskTB.png
I see. Well, my caravan left - the Queen's merchants are working on tight schedule. But I will stay to keep an eye on you. One thing you should know: the world is no longer a peaceful and tranquil place it used to be.

c3AiAaS.png

lLtAqSI.png
Aye, heard about that already. Elves fighting dwarves or sumthin'.

KzrskTB.png
No, you're talking about our dwarven neighbors, The Triangular Diamonds. They are currently at war with elves and goblins, and their elven war is pure disaster.

ExfbrNQ.png

KzrskTB.png
While this is troublesome, a greater concern is our own wars.

lLtAqSI.png
Your wars are not my concern, Threepwood.

KzrskTB.png
Tekkud. And you're wrong if you think the goblins will spare your fortress just because you're not a sworn subject of Queen Bomrek. We've been raided by the Hideous Malice nine times already.

glj5ttn.png

KzrskTB.png
So far we haven't lost a single battle, but the goblins are only growing stronger. Angrier. While we cannot muster a proper army to go on the offensive.

lLtAqSI.png
How hard can it be to outsmart a goddamn GOBLIN, old fart?

KzrskTB.png
*sigh*

lLtAqSI.png
What?

KzrskTB.png
You know nothing about Kingdomstole and their leaders, do you..? Goblins themselves are primitive, vile creatures, barely a civilization at all. But they follow the Master's orders with outmost zeal. The Master of the Hideous Malice is none other than Emo Grimrust the Poisoned Fright.

FY0Zrqz.png

KzrskTB.png
The most horrible demon this world has ever seen.

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf. Doesn't ring a bell.

KzrskTB.png
I'm sure you have worshippers of Dumed here in Redlabored. Why don't you ask them for details?

NT0LmkM.png

lLtAqSI.png
I need them to WORK, not TALK!

KzrskTB.png
Look. It's not even Grimrust you should be worried about. It's his lieutenants, who make most of the decisions in Kingdomstole.

WVVxFd0.png

KzrskTB.png
Busla Diebones, human general responsible for the destruction of Girderjoyous. And Smunstu Guileghouls... *whispers* Legally speaking, the rightful heir of Plankplunged's Throne.

lLtAqSI.png
I got NO TIME OR PATIENCE for your stories, old geezer! Redlabored demands my goddamn attention!

Both Smunstu Guileghoules (already mentioned in previous updates) and Busla Diebones have rich backgrounds, as those of you with save files can clearly see. Both of them are of royal lineages, both are connected to numerous storylines intertwined with many characters of this LP. Maybe I'll post out-of-context story of Kingdomstole at some point, if anyone is interested.

KzrskTB.png
Steady as always, I see. Well then. Any particular orders for the next caravan? Which I can only hope you will let inside next time. More deer hearts?

lLtAqSI.png
Never hurts to have more. But also, metals. Need good metals here.

The Courageous Crafts doesn't trade iron bars. And we don't have flux stone to refine iron into steel. Thus a MANLY decision has been made by YOUR GODDAMN KOMMISSAR to order steel bars and steel anvils.

VJaPvlt.png

We can smelt anvils into more steel.

vV72fvG.png

KzrskTB.png
Noted. Do you want to know what the Queen is willing to buy from Redlabored?

lLtAqSI.png
No.

KzrskTB.png
... I'll just leave the documents on the table then.

Pr3OMpg.png

4o6H0Qw.png
2UdVrLA.png
TWOnKLq.png
DUelvJM.png
XHw0wrF.png
*enter the room*

2UdVrLA.png
The migrants are waiting, Kommissar.

KzrskTB.png
YOU!!! *points his bony finger at Lithium Flower*

2UdVrLA.png
Hello, Tekkud. It's been a while.

KzrskTB.png
WHAT--

TWOnKLq.png
Ye, we've been dere befor, OK? GIT OUT!!

KzrskTB.png
I--

TWOnKLq.png
OUT!! *threatens Tekkud with his war hammer*

KzrskTB.png
*looks at Lithium Flower with burning hatred* Even an old dwarf like me, who spent half of his life among elves, would never betray my own race to defend them. *spits at Lithium Flower's feet* The dwarves never forget.

2UdVrLA.png

KzrskTB.png
I am disappointed with you, Grimwulf. *goes away*

DUelvJM.png
Hm. Rude.

4o6H0Qw.png
But justified. Shall we begin?

XHw0wrF.png
*still covered in sweat after mining* Let's get this over with.

4o6H0Qw.png
NEXT!

HYEEVws.png
*enters the room*

lLtAqSI.png
Name.

HYEEVws.png
Mafol Gildblaze. My colleagues used to call me Inspectah.

DUelvJM.png
Sounds cool! What do you inspect?

HYEEVws.png
Machines. Like to keep them well-oiled.

mjn444b.png

lLtAqSI.png
Occupation.

HYEEVws.png
Mechanic. Engineer. Oil Presser.

lLtAqSI.png
Purpo--

HYEEVws.png
Writer. Student. Comedian.

lLtAqSI.png
ENOUGH! Purpose of visit.

HYEEVws.png
Came to join my sisters. Lovely lasses.

8qQ6OEz.png

lLtAqSI.png
Political views.

HYEEVws.png
Science.

lLtAqSI.png

XHw0wrF.png
Really, Grimwulf? Are those the questions you've been asking new arrivals all that time?

lLtAqSI.png
You got a better one? Shoot.

XHw0wrF.png
Give us one reason to accept you in Redlabored.

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf. *mumbles* Never thought of that...

HYEEVws.png
*grabs something from his pocket* How about this?

OZWViBS.png

XHw0wrF.png
*takes the screw and examines it closely*

HYEEVws.png
My own invention.

0nzBZXZ.png

HYEEVws.png
I came from Dentraded, you see.

Dentraded is the brain center of the world, you could say. A place where scholars of all races are gathering to make progress and do SCIENCE! It sports an enormous library, the Mansion of Paper, that holds an insane amount of (mostly scientific) books.

Inspectah is not the only scholar of Dentraded who came to Redlabored. Some of you may remember that Citizen also made her discoveries there.

fdS3NFh.png

As well as Dayyalu.

C0n9LY9.png

JVu2fYW.png

HYEEVws.png
Surely you've heard of Dentraded?

4o6H0Qw.png

fl5Ru0T.png
You are the worst student I had in my 80 years of practice. You will never be a surgeon, Azira. Nobody can teach you! Get out of my sight! You are banished from Dentraded!

XHw0wrF.png
*still holding the screw* I see... If you apply a crest-shapen object--

HYEEVws.png
I call it a screwdriver. A fellow engineer, eh?

XHw0wrF.png
*nods* This invention could be useful.

HYEEVws.png
Useful? The amount of applications is unimaginable!

TWOnKLq.png
Can it BASH?

HYEEVws.png
What? No!

4o6H0Qw.png
We could use it for tortu-- medical arts, I mean.

2UdVrLA.png
Or trading.

HYEEVws.png
My technologies are not for sale. My talents, however, are at your service.

BIN8kXu.png

lLtAqSI.png
Deal.

HYEEVws.png
I came here with my wife and kids--

lLtAqSI.png
All accepted, now SCRAM and call next!

HYEEVws.png
A pleasure. *nods to Sukhavati and exits the room*

XHw0wrF.png
A shame we don't have any use for mechanics at this point.

4o6H0Qw.png
Not true. Some mechanics can be decent managers.

XHw0wrF.png
*blushes a little, keeping a straight face nonetheless*

4o6H0Qw.png
NEXT!

mWu02P9.png
*enters the room*

TWOnKLq.png
Yet ANUTHA ugly dorf. Wha cun't ya all be STRIKIN' HOT like KALIN?!

lLtAqSI.png
Name.

mWu02P9.png
Domas. Domas Obeyeddike.

4o6H0Qw.png
Obeyeddike... Obeyed... Dike... Hmmm.

lLtAqSI.png
Occupation.

mWu02P9.png
... Just a soldier.

uG4Jada.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Why does your name sound so familiar..?

lLtAqSI.png
Purpose of visit.

mWu02P9.png
Work. Fight your enemies. Do whatever you need me to do.

DUelvJM.png
I definitely heard your name before. And recently!

lLtAqSI.png
Political views.

mWu02P9.png
Indifferent. Are you the leader? Then you have my full support.

DUelvJM.png
WAIT! I REMEMBER NOW! Anir, help me-- *RUNS out of the room*

4o6H0Qw.png
What was that all about?

lLtAqSI.png
Not convinced about you, Tomaso.

2UdVrLA.png
We need seasoned soldiers, Kommissar. Tell me, Domas, have you killed anyone?

mWu02P9.png
No. I used to be a guard in Singedshields. Didn't see much action, apart from an occasional werebeast attack.

K83GND2.png

XHw0wrF.png
Any reason we should accept you?

mWu02P9.png
... Guess not.

DUelvJM.png
kCv2T60.png
*enter the room*

DUelvJM.png
Well? Is it him?

kCv2T60.png
*almost takes off his helmet, but stops at the last moment* It cannot be.

mWu02P9.png
Andnjord..?

kCv2T60.png
Oso?

mWu02P9.png
kCv2T60.png

mWu02P9.png
Didn't expect to see you here, little brother.

wXorabJ.png

kCv2T60.png
I thought you were dead!

2UdVrLA.png
Ahh, another sweet family reunion here in Redlabored. Still not enough of a reason to keep him.

kCv2T60.png
Are you out of your mind, traitor?! It's Oso! THE Oso!

4o6H0Qw.png
Of course! I remember now. The most legendary bowyer of dwarven race!

Bowyer, not bowman. As in, a dwarf who crafts bows and crossbows, not the one who uses them.

Ad76VYP.png

2UdVrLA.png
Never heard of him.

kCv2T60.png
Of course you didn't! You only know elven history, completely ignorant of your own! Before I was even born, Oso created The Crossbow to surpass them all! Unmatched to this very day!

XHw0wrF.png
Vetek Rigoth.

4o6H0Qw.png
"The Targets of Craft"

kCv2T60.png
Show them, Oso. Surely you brought it with you?

mWu02P9.png
I don't have it.

kCv2T60.png
What?? Why? Did somebody rob you? Did you leave it in a safe place? Tell me you did.

mWu02P9.png
I destroyed it.

kCv2T60.png
4o6H0Qw.png
XHw0wrF.png
2UdVrLA.png
DUelvJM.png
lLtAqSI.png

TWOnKLq.png
Wot a KUNT!!

5OEXFCr.png

lLtAqSI.png
That makes you one of us. Unremarkable. Worthless. Completely useless. With nothing to be proud of.

SYimwBG.jpg

lLtAqSI.png
Welcome to Angèrith.

mWu02P9.png
... Thank you. *turns around and walks away*

kCv2T60.png
My parents told me he died. Still can't believe he's here. Oso, wait! *follows Oso outside*

4o6H0Qw.png
What a waste. I would kill to see the legendary Vetek Rigoth.

TWOnKLq.png
I kuld shoot Lago wid a LEGUNDUR crossbo!

4o6H0Qw.png
*sigh* Oh, well. NEXT!

IPC6oSw.png
*enters the room*

DUelvJM.png
Heh. Sorry, we don't accept humans here.

IPC6oSw.png
I'm a dwarf.

DUelvJM.png
*chuckles*

TWOnKLq.png
Ye, rite. Call next.

IPC6oSw.png
But I'm a dwarf.

2UdVrLA.png
I'm a dragon then.

4o6H0Qw.png
Colleagues, please. Sometimes humans call other humans "dwarves" when those others are naturally shorter than--

IPC6oSw.png
I'm a dwarf!

4o6H0Qw.png
2UdVrLA.png
TWOnKLq.png
DUelvJM.png
lLtAqSI.png
XHw0wrF.png

XHw0wrF.png
Are you a she-dwarf..? With facial hair?

TWOnKLq.png
*mumbles* Shouldn'a b surprusd aftah Helly and Most Closter, but still.

IPC6oSw.png
I'm a male dwarf.

lLtAqSI.png
You have no beard.

IPC6oSw.png
I shave. :smug:

4o6H0Qw.png
2UdVrLA.png
TWOnKLq.png
DUelvJM.png
lLtAqSI.png
XHw0wrF.png

TWOnKLq.png
DAS IT. *swings his war hammer at the beardless dwarf*

IPC6oSw.png
*ducks at the last moment*

XHw0wrF.png
Calm down, Kalin.

TWOnKLq.png
BITCH, ya ain't tellin' KALIN to kalm daun!!

XHw0wrF.png
Why do you shave?

IPC6oSw.png
I'm quite fond of elves, you see.

RfBAqzQ.png

IPC6oSw.png
Elven culture is so much superior to our own. Ahhh, the beauty of trees. The smell of leaves. The colors of Spring and Autumn.

RfBAqzQ.png
*KIKS the door and power-walks outside*

2UdVrLA.png
Friend, your perception of elves might be a little... naive. You can trust me on that.

4o6H0Qw.png
What next, Grim? Shall we exile the dwarves and populate Redlabored with elves and elf-lovers?

lLtAqSI.png
Name.

4o6H0Qw.png
Seriously?

IPC6oSw.png
Imagine.

lLtAqSI.png
Imagine what? Your head on a stake?

IPC6oSw.png
My name. Imagine.

lLtAqSI.png
I am NOT gonna IMAGINE your name, I fffffucking DEMAND you to name yourself!

IPC6oSw.png
*sigh*

XHw0wrF.png
Grimwulf. I think it wants to be called "Imagine".

DUelvJM.png
What a weird one.

lLtAqSI.png
Occupation.

IPC6oSw.png
Dancer. And trapper.

O1eRRP5.png

2UdVrLA.png
What a strange combination of talents.

XHw0wrF.png
Indeed. Do you trap your victims just so you can dance before them?

lLtAqSI.png
Purpose of visit.

IPC6oSw.png
Planting trees. Spreading culture. That sort of thing.

4o6H0Qw.png

jjyLc9E.png
I am ze oldest goblin gypzy in ze realm. If ye want to be my apprentiz, here is ze firzt lezzon: zome patientz dezerve exzecution inzted of treatment.

lLtAqSI.png
Political views.

IPC6oSw.png
Elven Matriarchy.

lLtAqSI.png

4o6H0Qw.png
I think we're done here. Better luck next t--

lLtAqSI.png
You're accepted.

4o6H0Qw.png
Oh, come on!

lLtAqSI.png
I can see potential in this one.

IPC6oSw.png
How nice of you.

lLtAqSI.png
Emergency meat.

IPC6oSw.png
... Oh.

dpfLjot.png

lLtAqSI.png
Now git to work. Chop-chop.

IPC6oSw.png
*makes a curtsy and goes outside*

4o6H0Qw.png
*mumbles* This one might actually like my candle treatment. Oh, the pain and suffering doctor Azira has to endure... NEXT!

vLqtdCv.png
*enters the room*

lLtAqSI.png
Name.

vLqtdCv.png
Onol.

2UdVrLA.png
Your full name.

vLqtdCv.png
Onol Squaregirders.

lLtAqSI.png
Occupation.

vLqtdCv.png
Bard.

2UdVrLA.png
Bard? You?

vLqtdCv.png

4o6H0Qw.png
I always thought bards are cheerful and chatty. The social types.

vLqtdCv.png
I'm a skald. We sing of death, blood, and the grim reality surrounding us.

DUelvJM.png
Can you sing something now?

vLqtdCv.png
No.

DUelvJM.png
Please?

vLqtdCv.png
*heavy sigh* If I must. This one's called "Death of Starvation in Northern Mountains"

2UdVrLA.png
*whispers* What..?

vLqtdCv.png
Deler, Deler.

DUelvJM.png

vLqtdCv.png
Deler, Deler.

DUelvJM.png

vLqtdCv.png
Deliver Us.

DUelvJM.png

vLqtdCv.png
What? That was it.

DUelvJM.png
*clasps twice*

2UdVrLA.png
That's not a song. You didn't sing, you've just spoken some words monotonously. They didn't even rhyme.

4o6H0Qw.png
Dwarven poetry is different from the elven one.

2UdVrLA.png
I know, doctor. I am a poet myself.

lLtAqSI.png
Why do you worthless word-rapers come to my laborious fortress? I have NO USE for poets, bards, singers, dancers - I need MASONS, MINERS, BUILDERS - hard-working BEASTS, ready to spill SWEAT AND BLOOD in equal measure!

4o6H0Qw.png

jjyLc9E.png
Blood iz good. Blood meanz ze patient iz ztill alive. If you are not zure about patientz condition - zpill zome blood.

DUelvJM.png
Azira? Everything's all right?

4o6H0Qw.png
... Yes. Don't get much sleep lately.

2UdVrLA.png
Onol, friend, if you are a bard, how come we've never heard of you?

vLqtdCv.png
Some dwarves know me as Matalarata.

2UdVrLA.png
Hmm. Still doesn't ring a bell.

lLtAqSI.png
Purpose of visit.

vLqtdCv.png
Work.

lLtAqSI.png
Political views.

vLqtdCv.png
Kommunist.

lLtAqSI.png
Welcome to R--

XHw0wrF.png
Why do we need a bard again?

vLqtdCv.png
I have some experience handling animals too. Can skin them. Cut the balls.

OeZ1AOG.png

lLtAqSI.png
We really need gelders. Something has to be done about the baby situation.

Such an adult/chid ratio is a rare sight in DF, at least in my experience. One-third of our population is pedo-bait. Ffs.

iECldwt.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Are you sure, though? There is something... off... about this dwarf.

vLqtdCv.png

DUelvJM.png
What?

4o6H0Qw.png

jjyLc9E.png
Khe khe khe, yer zuch a ztupid pieze of zhit, Azira! Zat is a ZOCK, not a bandage! Khe khe khe, ye are ze worzt!

4o6H0Qw.png
... Must be my imagination.

Meanwhile on the Surface

KUla2ww.png

2c3ryeE.png
*drinks from the river voraciously*

G51kElb.png
*takes a sip and almost throws up*

2c3ryeE.png
Wuss.

G51kElb.png
It's like drinking someone's saliva.

2c3ryeE.png
Back in Dentraded, we used to drink tea.

G51kElb.png
Eeeewwww.

2c3ryeE.png
Yes. I'm not afraid of pain and tortures after what I've been through.

11th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Wood District

ouLGIZo.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Bliblablubb? BLIBS! Where are you, damn it?

c9XcSR9.png
Right here, doctor! In the workshop!

4o6H0Qw.png
*approaches Bliblablubb*

CrmPVDL.png
c9XcSR9.png
oovs6Cs.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Am I... interrupting something?

CrmPVDL.png
*watching Blibablubb*

c9XcSR9.png
*watching Onul*

oovs6Cs.png
*crafting something with great vigor, and a disturbing expression on her face*

c9XcSR9.png
Not at all, doctor. Can I help you with anything?

4o6H0Qw.png
I've been having these dreams ever since you became my apprentice. Hard to describe...

c9XcSR9.png
Let me guess. A dream about crashed spaceship, and being stranded on a distant planet.

4o6H0Qw.png
Whatever is a "spaceship" and "planet", no. Something darker. Something... bloody.

oovs6Cs.png
*keeps crafting, oblivious of the dwarves chatting around her*

CrmPVDL.png
The dreams often indicate our repressed sexual desires.

c9XcSR9.png
And sometimes they are visions of our counter-parts from other worlds. Other lives. Multiverse!

4o6H0Qw.png
What is your wife talking about, Mediant?

CrmPVDL.png
No idea, doctor. *mumbles* This thing is not my wife anymore...

c9XcSR9.png
*whispers a sonorous tune in Onul's ear*

CrmPVDL.png
Have you seen the recent issue of the Angèrith Examiner?

4o6H0Qw.png
Not yet.

CrmPVDL.png
Here, take a look.

kXDyaG0.jpg

4o6H0Qw.png
... Disgusting. *tears the newspaper apart*

CrmPVDL.png
Are you sure you're all right, doctor Azira?

4o6H0Qw.png
This thing is the reason of our problems. We need proper propaganda, not some pitiful articles about tamarins and our own disagreements. This kind of "information" creates the atmosphere for revolutions and treason.

CrmPVDL.png
Making propaganda is a difficult task.

4o6H0Qw.png
Nonsense. Give me a sheet of paper and whatever they use to print text--

c9XcSR9.png
A typewriter. Silly.

4o6H0Qw.png
Yes, a typewriter. Whatever it is.

c9XcSR9.png
I can make one for you. Eager!

4o6H0Qw.png
Please do. And leave it at the hospital, along with instructions.

CrmPVDL.png
Are you going to start your own newspaper?

4o6H0Qw.png
If only I had paper.

CrmPVDL.png
Maybe sometime in the future then.

c9XcSR9.png
Onul. Stop.

oovs6Cs.png
*stops*

c9XcSR9.png
You did it. Happy.

hlUtTsh.png

4o6H0Qw.png
What is this?

c9XcSR9.png
A tribute. A dark tribute.

4o6H0Qw.png
Tribute to what..?

c9XcSR9.png
To you.

art by RoBoBOBR

fryk2z2.png

KHW0ZYs.jpg

17th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Hall of Shame

ZFZyv3V.png

44fJDgQ.png
My back hurts. Come on, Tindrli! Can't we have a break?

3xknlxr.png
*thud, thud, thud* No.

44fJDgQ.png
*grumbles* Curse you. And Sukhavati.

CX0AjSm.png

XHw0wrF.png
*comes down*

SGvQrRn.png
kCv2T60.png
jUUDMXQ.png
*follow Sukhavati*

kCv2T60.png
Are you listening? I'm telling you, there is now way I can complete this order on my own, not in the shcedule you've--

XHw0wrF.png
Not now.

SGvQrRn.png
Can you just say if we should cut the trees, or leave them for the gathering fruits?

XHw0wrF.png
Later, Bobr.

kCv2T60.png
Sukhavati, with all due resp--

XHw0wrF.png
*starts mining*

SGvQrRn.png
It's a simple question.

kCv2T60.png
This is prepostorous! You are throwing orders left and right, while completely ig--

XHw0wrF.png
AAAARGH! NOT! NOW!! LEAVE ME ALONE!

fLOH8eT.png

kCv2T60.png

SGvQrRn.png
kCv2T60.png
*walk away to their workstations*

jUUDMXQ.png
*looks at Sukhavati wth concern*

XHw0wrF.png
What do YOU want, Givi?

jUUDMXQ.png
Nothing. I am a miner. *shows his pickaxe*

XHw0wrF.png
... Right.

3xknlxr.png
We're done here. There was no need to come.

XHw0wrF.png
To the Food District then. Go, Tindrli. Lead the way.

3xknlxr.png
... We can dig out the fortress without you. You're needed elsewhere.

XHw0wrF.png
I'll make decisions for myself. Now go!

20th Timber, 126, Late Autumn
Redlabored, Barracks

hGUPViI.png

qT4LDO9.png
3xGOOtN.png
*spar with each other*

GxRdEUz.png

TWOnKLq.png
*watches Kalarion and nods approvingly* Gud enuff.

3xGOOtN.png
R-really?

TWOnKLq.png
Nut yu, FAG! TRIPUL DETH DRILLS FER YU!!

3xGOOtN.png

qT4LDO9.png
Send me to the caverns, Kommandorf! I'm ready!

4coxi6S.png

TWOnKLq.png
Nah. I ain't gettan paid enuff ta send mah boiz to da cavurns.

lLtAqSI.png
*enters the barracks* Kalin.

TWOnKLq.png
Grimbitch.

lLtAqSI.png
Where is Helly?

TWOnKLq.png
*shakes his head towards the armory*

lLtAqSI.png
*GLORIOUSLY opens the door* HELLYYY!

1tkud7F.png
siSaJv9.png
Ysx6aew.png
*chained and covered in dirt, all three raise their eyes at Grimwulf*

lLtAqSI.png
I hereby BANISH all of you to the Surface! To the prison I named Gulag. Your task will be--

1tkud7F.png
Spare me your speeches, Grimwulf. Let my family go away, or kill us - I don't care anymore. But don't think for a second I will work for you ever again.

Ysx6aew.png
*spits*

lLtAqSI.png
Hrmpf.

1tkud7F.png
siSaJv9.png
Ysx6aew.png

lLtAqSI.png
I should execute you and your family for what you've done to Redlabored. You're lucky I don't execute children. Yet.

1tkud7F.png
If this is the case, what are we waiting for? Unchain us.

As you can see, we cannot expel Helly and leave Wayward Son / Melbil / Kel the dog. It's either all of them or none of them. That's how families work.

IPHYAOq.png

siSaJv9.png
*coughs violently*

lLtAqSI.png
What's up with him?

1tkud7F.png
My husband isn't known for perfect health. Appointing him as a coalmaker only made it worse for him.

lLtAqSI.png
KALIN!

TWOnKLq.png
WOT?!

lLtAqSI.png
Lead Helly's retarded husband to the hospital. Tell Azira I ordered to treat his cough.

1tkud7F.png
A parting gift..? How very unexpected.

TWOnKLq.png
Oh, ffs - IMMA NOT A NURSE! Laggy, go do wot Kommussar Gaywolf said!

061EwNk.png
*rolls eye and kicks Wayward Son* Get up.

siSaJv9.png
061EwNk.png
*leave the Barracks*

lLtAqSI.png
*unshackles Helly and Melbil* Walk with me, Helly. I'll see you to the surface.

A bit later
The Suface

szcY0f2.png

1tkud7F.png
*breathes fresh air*

lLtAqSI.png
This didn't have to end like this.

1tkud7F.png
I'm glad it's over.

lLtAqSI.png
You are a shitty manager, that's a fact. But you might have been a better Kommander than Kalin.

1tkud7F.png
I've been leading others my whole life. Passive, stupid, incompetent - I've seen them all. I'm tired. Wayward Son is enough of a burden for me.

lLtAqSI.png
*nods* Incompetence is hard to deal with indeed.

1tkud7F.png
... Redlabored is doomed. You know that, right?

lLtAqSI.png
I am the ship. You are the goddamn anchor.

1tkud7F.png
Phah. We'll see what happens to the ship without an anchor. *turns around and starts walking*

lLtAqSI.png
Aren't you gonna wait for your husband?

1tkud7F.png
I'm sure he'll catch up. He always does.

lLtAqSI.png
*nods* Off you go then.

1tkud7F.png
Farewell... Kommissar.

Meanwhile in the Hospital

c9XcSR9.png
Poor thing.

siSaJv9.png
*coughing his lungs off*

4o6H0Qw.png
*sigh* Why am I wasting candles on someone like him?

c9XcSR9.png
Kommissar's orders. Silly.

4o6H0Qw.png
I know, but-- Forget it. Put him on the traction bench, face down. *opens the bag and starts searching for the rougher-cut candles*

c9XcSR9.png
*chains Wayward son to the traction bench*

4o6H0Qw.png
*mumbles* Where were they..? I'm sure we had some left... Aha! No, that's not it. *holds an obsidian figurine of Shoduk in his hand*

c9XcSR9.png
The patient is ready, doctor.

4o6H0Qw.png
*twists the figurine, contemplating on memories*

jjyLc9E.png
Ze godz? Dwarven godz? Khe khe khe, patzetik. I zpit on yer godz. Bring me more wine!

c9XcSR9.png
Doctor?

4o6H0Qw.png

jjyLc9E.png
Back already? Wait. Wai are ya holding a zkalpel? W-w-- Azira..?

c9XcSR9.png
Doctor!

4o6H0Qw.png
... Yes. Yes, sorry. Could you bring more candles from my stash? I'm all out.

c9XcSR9.png
Of course. *exists the hospital*

siSaJv9.png
*still coughing*

4o6H0Qw.png
*sigh* I'd never think I'll end up in a place like this, treating common cold for the dwarves I don't even like.

siSaJv9.png
*coughs, sweats, and stinks*

4o6H0Qw.png
But I'm trying. Like every other komrade who comes here to start a new life. I'm doing my part. Voting for every decision. Caring for this community. I'm ready to do whatever it takes for the sake of Angèrith. And what about you, Wayward Son?

siSaJv9.png
*gasps for air*

4o6H0Qw.png
This fortress invited you. Gave you work. Made you a father. What was your way of repayment? Oh, that's right. Treason.

siSaJv9.png
Pl-pl-- *tries to break free from the straps to no avail*

4o6H0Qw.png
*locks the door from the inside*

siSaJv9.png
... Wound-tender Azira..?

4o6H0Qw.png
Most dwarves are so ungrateful to be alive.

4o6H0Qw.png
*picks up a scalpel*

siSaJv9.png
*starts shaking and twitching*

4o6H0Qw.png
This might... sting. *starts cutting Wayward Son's back*

siSaJv9.png
WAAAAAAAGH!!

4o6H0Qw.png
*cuts all the way down*

jjyLc9E.png
ZZZTAAAAAAHP!!

siSaJv9.png
STAAAAHP!!

4o6H0Qw.png

eD4lZqL.png
AZZZZIIIRAAA--

4o6H0Qw.png
*throws away the scalpel and picks a butcher knife*

wEicBRN.png
*doorhandle is shaking repeatedly*

c9XcSR9.png
Kommanding Physician? Azira!

CrmPVDL.png
*rushes to the closed hospital* What happened?

c9XcSR9.png
I don't know! H-he locked himself with Wayward Son! Horrified!

CrmPVDL.png
Can't you do your... thing?

c9XcSR9.png
Azira's mind... It's not here.

CrmPVDL.png
Stand aside! *begins SLAMMING the door*

c9XcSR9.png
Quick!

CrmPVDL.png
*after what felt like an eternity, takes down the door*

c9XcSR9.png
CrmPVDL.png
*rush inside*

siSaJv9.png
*laying down on the bench, passed out; his back is completely stripped of skin*

CrmPVDL.png
What have you done?

4o6H0Qw.png
What was necessary.

c9XcSR9.png
*looks at the horrible THING Azira is holding in his blood-covered hands*

4o6H0Qw.png
Nail it to the wall inside the tavern. That will teach them a lesson.

j8tsfNX.png

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Before you start throwing rotten tomatoes at me, I know we barely made any progress (one in-game month, to be precise). It was a busy week for me. I can usually write a draft in a single day, and edit images / proofread during another day. This time around every single fuckery in RL was bent on distracting me from KKK. And it seems like my weekend will be even busier.

But starting from next week, gonna SPEED THINGS UP a bit. Stand by for the follow-up mini-key choices and some hard numbers.

And yes, our dwarves are slowly going insane.

And so am I

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Both Smunstu Guileghoules (already mentioned in previous updates) and Busla Diebones have rich backgrounds, as those of you with save files can clearly see. Both of them are of royal lineages, both are connected to numerous storylines intertwined with many characters of this LP. Maybe I'll post out-of-context story of Kingdomstole at some point, if anyone is interested.
suntzu.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Please do. S'gonna be gud, I bet.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
vLqtdCv.png
I'm a skald. We sing of death, blood, and the grim reality surrounding us.

A true charmer! He's already grown on me! I will now grow sideburns IRL and tie my manbun high and proud. Facial tattoos could be problematic tho, maybe I could get by with a square root on my forehead but I fear the end result wouldn't be the same!
vLqtdCv.png
What? That was it.

DUelvJM.png
*clasps twice*

That's sqeecoo without any doubt! I'm pretty sure he'd clap at least twice to avoid hurting anyone's feeling!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

It's... beautiful!

Grimwulf did you fabricate the story of Blib mindcontrolling Ónul while the crafting was going on? Or did Blib really stay with Ónul during the process?

It's still so goddamn beautiful though. Never had an artifact made with my likeness before.

I was laughing hard when reading it. Couldn't believe what was going on.

Oh, and the propaganda is top notch. Yep. Flaying isn't beneath me. Nothing says "take this seriously!" like a message written on fresh skin.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Grimwulf did you fabricate the story of Blib mindcontrolling Ónul while the crafting was going on? Or did Blib really stay with Ónul during the process?

Well, Onul was possessed. This one here:

NEQEUsi.png

It's an actual game mechanic. The game says she was "possessed by unknown forces."

But we know who it was. :M

Then she claimed a workshop. Then she ran around the fortress, gathering materials and stuff. You found her at the moment she was nearly done. Needless to say, everything regarding this artifact was completely under DF's design. The choice of materials, type of artifact, design, images, name - all that follow certain behind-the-scenes rules, algorithms, different RNG's, etc., based on particular dwarf's personality, preferences, background, current situation.

This game is pure magic, really.

It's still so goddamn beautiful though. Never had an artifact made with my likeness before.

Yes, I can't stop looking at the thing too. RoBoBOBR posted the image in less than three hours after the update.

HOW??

Maybe he's undercover Kruggsmash. Or the man who taught Kruggsmash how to draw.

Piece of goddamn art, I say.

Oh, and the propaganda is top notch. Yep. Flaying isn't beneath me. Nothing says "take this seriously!" like a message written on fresh skin.

It was your idea originally, after all.

Might we even call it

"Tissue 1"?

:troll:

Five years passed since then.

Goddamit, time flies so fast.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom