Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Nice! I'm down with some kind of fever so a nice vidya LP is just what I need! Which one would you recommend from the dude to start with?

I think the general consensus is Honeystoker to be the best Kruggsmash so far. Personally, I liked Monsterkiller more than anything.

You might wanna start with any of his Short Fort videos, though. Both Honeystoker and Mosterkiller are long series, they are more enjoyable once you get used to the guy and his style. He also does a lot of high-quality art (he draws, his wife color-paints). I wish he was doing text LPs, but they would be harder to monetize, I guess.

Edit: Also, get better. Muh fortress needs General Secretary in good health.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Thanks man, Monsterkiller thing is really hitting the spot for me. The guy does a great job of moving along fast and not showing all of the micro in a tedious fashion (something Dominions LPs also suffer from often).

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm surprised you never heard of Kruggsmash. Guess you didn't get that reference from the very first update.

DUelvJM.png
I thought you'd never ask. I was working as a cook in Krugg Boarblood's tavern before leaving Plankplunged.

"Boarbloods" was his main squad's name in Honeystoker series.

Makes me wonder how many more references in this LP went over your heads.

:deathclaw:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I'm surprised you never heard of Kruggsmash. Guess you didn't get that reference from the very first update.

DUelvJM.png
I thought you'd never ask. I was working as a cook in Krugg Boarblood's tavern before leaving Plankplunged.

"Boarbloods" was his main squad's name in Honeystoker series.

Makes me wonder how many more references in this LP went over your heads.

:deathclaw:

I, for one, am a complete newb in regards to DF, if you discount reading the Virgintarded LP here on the 'dex.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Easy, all of them.

I don't mean DF references, I mean references in general. OH, COME ON!

From the top of my head, since I can't be arsed to re-read my own thread:

TWOnKLq.png
*kicks Merc again* Y U NO TUUUURN?!

PV80FJy.png
Dammit, Kalin! What do you want from me?!

TWOnKLq.png
TURN! TUUUURN! I WANT TUUUUUUUURN!!

A reference to all SMAC threads, SMAC players, and their constant hunger for TURN. I used to be a competitive Dominions player, so I know how it feelz. :salute:

o44H4SR.png
My dog is sexually attracted to Merc. You can beat Storyfag all you want, but you can't stop TRUE LOVE!

TWOnKLq.png
Bitch, I know TRU LUV, ok?

A reference to Kalin's True Love LP. His best piece of work since Mines of Titan.

And don't even start me on the old Rimworld thread references. I'm honestly trying to prevent myself from doing this, but the URGE is too stronk.

lLtAqSI.png
Deadfall traps don't really work against deers.

2c3ryeE.png
Depends on the weight and angle. If you apply the force properly--

lLtAqSI.png
It's not about force or angle. You simply don't know how clever those manhunting fuckers really are.

2c3ryeE.png
We can do spikes. Better yet, dwarven shotguns.

lLtAqSI.png
Want to know my idea? Flaming bolts.

2c3ryeE.png
Hmm.

Reference to my cunning idea of going deer-hunting with flaming bolts in Season 2. Which resulted in raging fire and almost burning down the colony.

4xTOtVt.png
Oh, fuck me. Look alive, Kalin - we got more fires to kill!

EwhgysV.jpg
FUCK YOU!! :rage:

4xTOtVt.png
AREN'T YOU ENTERTAINED?!
WlM9u4n.jpg

c9XcSR9.png
*voice became higher all of a sudden* Azira.

4o6H0Qw.png
How do you know my name?

c9XcSR9.png
Do you have a sarcophagus yet?

4o6H0Qw.png
What..? No. Why?

c9XcSR9.png
Sad.

A reference to Bliblablubb's disturbing obsession with Azira's sacophagus in Season 2.

wRNVYNa.jpg

At some point I had to put her bed inside his crypt.

rsZZddA.jpg
Why is she sleeping outside..?

cVYYjYh.png
Why indeed, Azira?

rsZZddA.jpg
Grimwulf? What in nine hells are you doing, Grimwulf?

vows81Y.jpg

rsZZddA.jpg
Not funny. Stop! GRIMWULF, NO!!!
YowLM97.jpg

rsZZddA.jpg
DON'T YOU DARE, GRIM! I WILL HAUNT YOU FOREVER!

EnlwBOQ.png
There you go, Blibs. Your new home.
aJeBDms.jpg

rsZZddA.jpg
:negative:

4o6H0Qw.png
How are you feeling, Ryan-- I mean, Friend?

dICp8jZ.png
*moans in pain*

4o6H0Qw.png
*mumbles to himself* Ryan..? Where did that come from?

It came from Season 1.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Damn. You are a mess.
07Y74zX.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
That's a lot of work. I didn't catch your name, friend.

Tr76ic8.png
hello friend

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hello to you too! So what's your name?

Tr76ic8.png
hello friend

LEqIuDq.jpg
... Yes. Hello. You must be in shock, I guess. I will call you Ryan, how about that? I had a friend named Ryan once. He died during surgery. Hold still...

There's a lot more, but can't be arsed to remember them now. Gotta finish dat update.

And stop referencing my own shit already. Get a goddamn grip.

Last edited:

Inspectah

Savant
This fortress both repell and attract
What dorf could resist the temptation to take part in building the base upon which the legend shall endure?

(Very moorcockian of you, with the characters living through different universes. The rimworld LPs are the best LPs in this fookin site so shame on those that nevar read them)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Gods above and below! Finally I managed to catch up! See Grim? Toldya I would eventually...
Congratulations my friend, this thing here? It's epic.

Obviously I want to be part of this, are you still accepting volunteers? Looking over the list you posted on p. 36 (if I understand it correctly it should be relatively recent), what can you tell me about dis here dorf:

JcB9r3a.png

Still available? Not a citizen? Ded?

Anyway, Kruggsmash is one of my favourite channels ever, and one of the very few I bother being subscribed to.

For those that are new to his channel, here's an
incline.png
playlist with all his intros:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXX7Rp0iXj0k4eokw2CseKWS-K1K90wwM

Although my favourite is still his short fort one:

edit: fuck... how did I miss the CDDA one?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Dayum, I've started watching the Monsterkiller series too and I gotta agree, it's pretty awesome.

Also

DazzlingOpulentCygnet-small.gif
? :love:

Busy week, but ITZ COMING, dammit! :argh: It's a huge update, with many new recruits, and lot of shit going on. Already 100+ pics.

Also, I'm not in my best writing shape due to the lack of alcohol. Again, busy week, not many opportunities to EMPOWER myself for tasteful writing.

Gods above and below! Finally I managed to catch up! See Grim? Toldya I would eventually...

The Man himself. :salute:

Matalarata was the cause of this thread in the first place. He's the best GM I know, hosted a Call of Chtulhu session for some Codexers on roll20, it's still ongoing (for more than a year now). I am among the lucky few players. I guess Matalarata is my unwilling mentor - he never intended to become one, but I learned from his GM'ing regardless. So if you like the GM part of KKK (key choices, dice roll, reactivity to any player input, including the outright inane ones) - that's him. If you don't like this aspect of KKK, you can also blame him.

what can you tell me about dis here dorf:

You have a sharp eye.

:shredder:

Assigned him to you.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Busy week
Yeah, you are never bored when working with russian government. Which post are you aiming?

I heard they'll be looking for a President soon?

Busy week
Yeah, you are never bored when working with russian government. Which post are you aiming?
I cannot help but notice that Vladimir Vladimirovich was influenced by this LP and has given the russian people a few HARD CHOICES in his last update yesterday morning.

The day Russian Trolls(tm) became so influential they not only elect Murica's President and cause global warming, but also bring down Russia's cabinet :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom