Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Plants don't die(I think) if the lamp goes out. They just have 0% growth when it is dark or cold (I think). A single solar generator powering a heater and a sunlamp will slowly but eventually allow you to grow healroot and hops. They will just take 3-4x as long to grow of it's only powered a few hours every day. Just make sure it sits on its own power circuit

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Plants don't die(I think) if the lamp goes out.

They kind of do. All plants have a maximum period of growth, so to say. If you don't harvest them before this period expires, they will die. I tried to grow potatoes using only hydroponics and regular lamps, they were growing at smth like 50% speed. Each time they died before reaching harvestable condition.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hm... Crap. And you can't harvest 75% grown plants at a decreased yield?
I still think 1 solar generator, a battery, a sun lamp and a hydroponics thingie for healroot might be a sound investment. Medicine is awful scarce.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And you can't harvest 75% grown plants at a decreased yield?

Sometimes you can (chance of success depends on Growing skill), but my regular-lamp-potatoes didn't reach even 50%. I guess solar lamp connected to a single solar generator might be enough. But I'd rather focus on building a badass fort than think about how to feed my people.

Ashery

Prophet
And you can't harvest 75% grown plants at a decreased yield?

Sometimes you can (chance of success depends on Growing skill), but my regular-lamp-potatoes didn't reach even 50%. I guess solar lamp connected to a single solar generator might be enough. But I'd rather focus on building a badass fort than think about how to feed my people.

Potatoes don't really benefit much from hydroponics/rich soil, though. Just double checked growth rates in a hydroponics basin under a standard lamp, and potatoes were growing at 30%, with rice up at 46%. Not sure if that's enough of a boost to get anything harvestable, though, if potatoes died sub-50%.

Alternatively, you could skip the hydroponics and just go for an enclosed room with a heater and sunlamp over basic soil. That'd also open you up to growing corn instead of just rice. Gives you some resistance against solar flares, too, provided you can spare the wood for a campfire to keep temps from dropping too far.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hey shut the fuck up about your plants and post an update already! I keep checking the thread thinking it's sexy time just to get cucked by a fuggin jute sperging about green houses. Shit ain't right!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Who cares about hops and healing plants? All we need is potatos. HUEG amounts of potatos. They will feed us, make us happy, and if shit hits the fan we can power our defenses with them! Well, maybe not the last one, but a KommuKolony without potatojuice is doomed. DOOMED!
:outrage:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Don't forget that Comrade Potato is responsible for defeating famine in Yurop AND doubling her population. Every country should have a giant statue to honor that.
:salute::outrage::salute:
And what happens if there is lack of potatos? Irishmen will emmigrate to some other continent and lay the foundation of Kommunism's archnemesis. Learn from history.

Potatojuice also heals radation, so yes, technically it's even medicine. By Lenin's hairy balls, is there anything this marvelous invention of ancient 'murican Kommunists cannot do?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
lW0ir7U.png
Look alive, men! What is wrong with you?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Why do we have to attend to this stupid gathering in the middle of the night?

XFoezMl.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I don't mind, personally. I'd rather take a nap during the day, when it will be warmer. Hopefully.

Tr76ic8.png
Shall we wait for Dreaad, Kommissar?

lW0ir7U.png
No. Where is the lactose woman?

OLHbguZ.jpg
Happy to see you too, Kommissar. Good morning, komrades.

4drRWUj.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
And yeah, it's lacgirl. LAC. GIRL.

lW0ir7U.png
Work hard, respect your Kommissar, abide the law. And then you'll become a fine komsomolka, lacgirl. Yes. A fine one indeed. If only you were a bit more... bulky.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Ahem. Shall we begin already?

lW0ir7U.png
M? Oh. *clears throat* AHAHRMRRHHRHRM, komrades and bottle brothers, we have gathered here today in order to--

i8FmYMg.jpg
For the love of god, Grimwulf, cut it before I cut you!

lW0ir7U.png
Our currently operating power generators ain't producing enough to support our glorious Kolony. We should build more, but we only have so much steel for expensive projects. Besides, turrets are needed.

LEqIuDq.jpg
We need to fix that power. Turrets would be useless without power as well.

lW0ir7U.png
They will be working during daytime. And if we turn off some lights, heaters, freezer and whatnot...

i8FmYMg.jpg
I say get powah first, need my heat damn it. Could make indoor campfires, but knowing you fucks you'd burn the place down.

OLHbguZ.jpg
*chewing in silence*

lW0ir7U.png
I'll take it as abstaining. Where is corporal Greenball?

Tr76ic8.png
*voice from the freezer* If we can't keep the lights on it will reflect badly on the kkkolony, and by extension communism. You wouldn't want that, would you? Because we're all comrades here, right? Right?

i8FmYMg.jpg
YOU STAY QUIET THERE, OR I SWEAR I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR ASS!

LEqIuDq.jpg
Honestly though, we need more chairs. The population of Kolony is growing.

lW0ir7U.png
Yeah, sure. One day. SO, I've consulted the many communistic voices inside my head - they want dat power flowing too. You have my vote, men.

LEqIuDq.jpg
That makes it four in total: Grim, Kalin, hello friend, and me. Lacgirl and Dreaad abstained.

lW0ir7U.png
It's decided then. Now, for the new prisoner...

OLHbguZ.jpg
Cryocrypt.

LEqIuDq.jpg
That's just rude.

OLHbguZ.jpg
No food to try to feed and recruit. I've checked your food stores - they are not as vast as you think.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Why even bother with freezing her? For what purpose? Kimmy's old and used. Release her. Now. Otherwise we risk her dying here. She's not as strong as Kalin, so I doubt she'll survive the infection.

OLHbguZ.jpg
No need to recover the foreign relation. Might as well test the facility.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I agree, for once. Need to test those things, if we get them working we can store slaves there, or use them in case of another infection!

Tr76ic8.png
*voice from the freezer* We need to test those cryocoffins now in case we need them urgently later on.

i8FmYMg.jpg
WHAT DID I TELL YOU?!

lW0ir7U.png
Enough! THE VOICES say heal and release!

i8FmYMg.jpg
I don't care how many voices live inside that fucked up mind of yours, but you only get one vote, like the rest of us. EQUALITY, bitch!

LEqIuDq.jpg
That makes it 2 votes for releasing, 3 for cryofreezing. Dreaad abstained.

i8FmYMg.jpg
FUCK YEAH, I'll do it personally. And enjoy every bit of the process.

OLHbguZ.jpg
Over my dead body, you freak. I'll do it myself.

4NGYcxB.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
In order to fix the power shortage, we need more generators. Another wind turbine here...

2C5Lvlg.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Second solar generator there...

SIqINgj.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
And two more batteries tops. Which means we need to dig the battery room a bit deeper.

LEqIuDq.jpg
And somehow find a ton of steel real quick. How much do we have right now?

lW0ir7U.png

GWyW0dW.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
That infection is here to stay, Kimmy.

ZW7ya4z.jpg

XQiJnaa.jpg
*moans* Just give me some antibiotics, stupid.

OLHbguZ.jpg
Medicine? Here? *chuckles* But don't you worry. I know exactly how to solve your little problem. *strips Kimmy*

XQiJnaa.jpg
What are you doing? Let go!

MoSSDdV.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
Do you mind looking elsewhere, komrades? She's naked. Show some manners.

i8FmYMg.jpg
That's a fine piece of body.

lW0ir7U.png
Too thin for my liking. A true komsomol woman must be spacious. To keep you warm during cold winter nights.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Why would you need a woman if you already have a heater?

e3VH5x9.jpg

XQiJnaa.jpg
You animals. My fellow citizens of District will come and save me. You'll see! *coughs*

OLHbguZ.jpg
Shhh.

c6pc3NU.jpg

XQiJnaa.jpg
Why are you doing this? *weeps* You're not like the others. Let me go! Please?

OLHbguZ.jpg
Of course I'm nothing like these kommies. I'm only here for one man.

I6XXIMB.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
As for you, love... Don't take it personal. But I don't want any competition.

XQiJnaa.jpg
WAIT!!!

OLHbguZ.jpg
*closes the cryosleep casket*

6IbWVWs.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
Dreaad is mine.

8th of Winter, 5501

i8FmYMg.jpg
Oooohhh, baby. That shit is BAD ASS!

rw7pBe5.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Am I good or what? There will be no unrest on my watch. Peacekeeper mk.2, you and I gonna have tons of fun!

hlW07mD.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Shall we bash the shit out of that self-proclaimed woman first? She has probably commited a crime lately, rite? Hell, just looking like that is a crime by itself, so-- Wait, what's that?

1Jq7gpr.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Cargo pods!

zs1sjmD.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
*pshhh* Grimwulf, come in. Let's send somebody to grab the goodies from cargo pods. There's gotta be something useful, I'm sure!

Pxwx5PP.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
*pshh* Grimwulf? Damn. Hey, you!

5EOALcX.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Huh? Me?

i8FmYMg.jpg
Go find Grimwulf and tell him to contact me pronto. He's probably building some shit nearby, or maybe dragging corpses around for no reason.

Meanwhile.

nP8ZUr1.jpg

UDsFVfZ.png
*snores in deep sleep*

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Your doubts are many. But you must choose wisely.

UDsFVfZ.png
hrmrhm... Go away... Where is Trudy...

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Smaller power plant. Little energy. No defenses. Bigger power plant. Hundreds of units of power. You get power.

UDsFVfZ.png
hrhmm... Bigger. Hundreds. Power. Power...

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Recruit more bodies. Be careful, there are traitors.... in the darkness. They long for power and female companionship, they do not love the Machine and the People

UDsFVfZ.png
mmhrhrh... Female bodies... Recruit more traitors...

CEDDJ4G.jpg
We will.... watch you, Kommissar. Sacrifice what you need.

FqkUPQB.jpg
*ppsshhh* GRIMWULF, HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WHERE ARE YOU?! WE NEED THOSE GENERATORS UP AND RUNNING ASAP!! Also, cargo pods. Over.

lW0ir7U.png
*yawns* Give me a damn break.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh, look. Grim doors are finally opening.

7cXxcrx.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
Kalin's screaming could wake up Lenin himself. MORNIN', Kommissar!

lW0ir7U.png
*grumbles* Git back to work, all of you.

ecXCOb3.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Would kill for a coffee right now. Let's see... That power cable needs to go.

WwmCrin.jpg

i8FmYMg.jpg
Great. Just great. *psshh* THANK YOU, GRIMWULF YOU FUCK! THAT REALLY FIXED THE ISSUE!

lW0ir7U.png
*psshh* Shuddup, Kalin. I got this. But first, gotta get myself a snack.

i8FmYMg.jpg
A SNACK?! Fine, you come here and I'll--

OLHbguZ.jpg
Remember that you have no balls and cry?

ABqnJlW.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Awright, cut it off! Last time we had a fight, the whole Kolony was paralized for an entire day. Can't afford that anymore. PROGRESS, damn you!

Later that day.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Grimwulf. You should really change that synth jacket. Just pick a fancy parka from the storage - there are plenty.

fCScSSE.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Hypothermia is a thing.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
You know what else is a thing? Torturing people to death. How can you be so blind, Grimwulf? This man is making decisions of his own.

UDsFVfZ.png
Shut up.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Okaaay. Always nice to have a chat with you.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
That cursed hypocrite. Pretending to be friendly and loyal, only to reveal his sadistic bloodlust in the end. He is a cold blooded murderer.

FlNHrKH.jpg
Stop it, Sparkles. My brother is a good man.

UDsFVfZ.png
I don't care! Go discuss it somewhere else!

FlNHrKH.jpg
We're stuck in this place, Grimwulf. Let me explain...

One hour later.

7qVATqL.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
Thus, I can have my final rest only after you build a proper home for your people. For my brother. And I want you to bury the corpses, of course.

Ndu8S6z.jpg
I want vengeance, Grimwulf. I did not deserve to die like this.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
I want to kill Germans.

UDsFVfZ.png
Newsflash!

0xTqygM.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I don't care what you want.

Later that evening.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psshhh* Grimwulf, what are you doing right now?

lW0ir7U.png
*psshhh* We've ran out of steel, so I thought I might as well start another Prosperwall.

D8bmlFZ.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
A better question is... OI! DREAAD! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOIN'?!

9eVBkX5.png
Grimwulf? Just taking a stroll, хаха... Oh, have you heard this sick joke about a Russian, a German and an Italian who crash-landed on an unkown island...

lW0ir7U.png
Dis better b gud.

9eVBkX5.png
Years pass by as the three men struggle to survive. Constant hunger, diseases, injuries, hardships. And then a JINN appears! And tells 'em that each has three wishes.

lW0ir7U.png
Jinn? Really?

9eVBkX5.png
So, the German steps forward and says, "I want a keg of cold beer, a billion euros, and to return home". Granted! The German instantly dissapears, cold beer and cash waiting for him back home. The Italian says, "I want a bottle of wine, a gorgeous woman, and to return home". Granted! The Italian dissapears too! And the Russian says...

lW0ir7U.png
"A crate of vodka and those guys back". That's a bearded joke, and you got it all wrong. Are you even a slav?

i8FmYMg.jpg
*psshhh* Grimwulf, you buttplug. Send someone over to help us mining.

t7eJ9gu.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*psshhh* Negative. Everyone's busy. Too busy to chit-chat on the radio, if you catch my drift. Over and out.

Later that night.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Phew. What a day. At least the steel shortage has been dealt with.

xFMkYRS.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Evenin', men. Bon appetit.

0E6iYB0.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
We were discussing that considering the sheer amount of stuff we have in the storage... And since we're all equals...

i8FmYMg.jpg
Dreaad wants his "share". I would laugh if I wasn't so tired.

Meanwhile.

lW0ir7U.png
Good enough for today.

OYIGPA5.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Time to eat and sleep.

HwMjL4U.jpg

FlNHrKH.jpg
NO!!! I'M TIRED OF WAITING PATIENTLY!

UDsFVfZ.png
Hurrr

FlNHrKH.jpg
You will bury those corpses even if I have to possess your mind and force you to do it!

wQaFaof.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
*psshhh* Grimwulf, you a'righ? Over... Not responding again.

Tr76ic8.png
I haven't seen Kommissar Wulf this whole evening.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Boo-fucking-hoo. Shuddup and sleep everyone. First one to snore will get a club to his head, I swear.

tn3YuD7.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Not that I'm worried about Grimwulf. But still.

i8FmYMg.jpg
I bet he's gone berserk and doing something inane again. Like, i don't know, searching for the king of all deers.

OOgWrZ6.jpg

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, that's right! It's weekend now! Time to work on the Kolony.

Nothing beats burying dead bodies, in the middle of the night, digging holes in -20 degrees weather, right?

Ashery

Prophet
Nothing beats burying dead bodies, in the middle of the night, digging holes in -20 degrees weather, right?

Would you rather dig when it's -20C or 65C?

Though I'm amused at just how effective wool dusters are at keeping colonists cool.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why lacgirl have personal room and personal heater?:rpgcodex:
You can move Azira closer to Dreaad and there will be enough room for one more bed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom