Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotC 2 is amazing

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
Then people tried to help Pierre with better art and stuff.
The result?
He bought a bunch of low quality isometric asset packs :lol:

Is he a turbo autist or something, that he is hard to work with or just refuses to listen to good advice?

Geckabor

Savant
Daily reminder that many codexers were outraged about it even making top 3 in the GOTY vote.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
- come from communism
- see kotc2!!! on kickstarter
- sell sister

eVtYPVt.png

- pierre spends the money on shitty sprites

:despair:

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Daily reminder that many codexers were outraged about it even making top 3 in the GOTY vote.

It was pretty shit at "launch". Hearkenworld was the only thing it had going for it in the first year or so.

Dorateen

Arcane
- incredible AI in this game (badly wounded giant spider retreats while spewing web everywhere, roots my party and calls for help)
- encounter design is incredible already in the opening minutes (goblin arches on unreachable ridges, giant frog leaps out of the pond in the middle of my formation)
This is all true. I also enjoy how the game provides the tools to counter these terrain effects. Web and grease can be burned away, clouds can be removed through gust of wind. Combat is very adaptive, that's what makes it interesting.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is he a turbo autist or something
1696422806675.png

Have a guess.

It was pretty shit at "launch".

And it's still not very good now either. Curiously enough the people who sing the game's praises usually tend to stop posting about it altogether after leaving chapter 2
RetardedDancingDonut.gif
The second dungeon level is the best, the third has some annoying filler combat against slimes that I find annoying, and chapter 4 is just filled with bullshit that's true.

But I did play all the way to the end:
2023-10-04 14_35_59-Steam.png

Overall Gleegold Keep is the weakest of all areas in the game, but the journey to get there is great.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The tokens and top-down dungeons looked great once you got used to them. Very readable, great for gameplay.

Then people tried to help Pierre with better art and stuff.
The result?
He bought a bunch of low quality isometric asset packs :lol:
This is exactly what happened

I actually grew to like the tokens, like you said very readable

It's almost like chess

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This reminds me, I never bothered to get the game on steam/GOG. Let me guess, I have to email Pierre directly to make that happen.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

You first have to understand *who* passes for a codexer nowadays

People who want to be animals, or people who fap to Japanese cartoons (we even have a thread about it). You even have people on this forum who literally changed their gender. I am not joking btw

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
- incredible AI in this game (badly wounded giant spider retreats while spewing web everywhere, roots my party and calls for help)
- encounter design is incredible already in the opening minutes (goblin arches on unreachable ridges, giant frog leaps out of the pond in the middle of my formation)
This is all true. I also enjoy how the game provides the tools to counter these terrain effects. Web and grease can be burned away, clouds can be removed through gust of wind. Combat is very adaptive, that's what makes it interesting.

I also love rest restrictions and the fact you're forced to regularly use up potions/scrolls/consumables because it's so challenging

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I didn't even back this game

In fact I waited for the GOG release, and even longer (for patches/modules) before trying it

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I asked r/Gaming what the best RPGs of the past decade were. I got a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition, Disco Elysium, and Baldur's Gate 3. One person said Elden Ring, but he was mass downvoted for trying to gatekeep by choosing a difficult game.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I asked r/Gaming what the best RPGs of the past decade were. I got a lot of Dragon Age: Inquisition, Disco Elysium, and Baldur's Gate 3. One person said Elden Ring, but he was mass downvoted for trying to gatekeep by choosing a difficult game.
hey, just like codex!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom