Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Lack of a party is the true core problem with Bethesda games

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
i wasn't talking about adding party TB to a game already made but start with that premise.
I'll be surprised if we'll see any radical changes in TESVI at all, other than Denuvo that will probably make it unmoddable.

Doktor Best

Arcane
In the meantime, play Bethesda's remake of Ultima 8

This is so quintessencially Bethesda. Run up to an enemy, spam fucking attack button and look at moronic animations until enemy drops.

This is the fucking problem of Bethesda games, there is no gameplay in the game, no interesting form of player input. There are no meaningful choices in dialogue, there are no meaningful choices in exploration (everything is scaled bruh! total freedom bruh!!!), no meaningful choice in combat.

Usually, even mediocre rpgs atleast get one of those keypoints of rpg gameplay sufficiently done while severely lacking in other regards. Bethesda does not have those severly lacking mechanics, but there is just also nothing the game is worth playing for really. Its like a zombie rpg, made for zombie players.

mondblut

Arcane
I mean, was there any other game that had a party, free movement and TB combat other than Wizardry 8 and Wizards & Warriors?

:what:

Thunderscape, M&M6-9, Realms of Arkania 3, even fucking Frayed Knights. Everyone tried to jump on free movement bandwagon in second half of 90s.

mondblut

Arcane
The Quest is almost a good game, but yeah, 1 character is dumb, especially for a turn based game. It would be a lot better if it was real time, or if they let you have a party of 4.

They already did The Quest with a party, it's called Legacy.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I mean, was there any other game that had a party, free movement and TB combat other than Wizardry 8 and Wizards & Warriors?

Thunderscape, M&M6-9, Realms of Arkania 3, even fucking Frayed Knights. Everyone tried to jump on free movement bandwagon in second half of 90s.

Well, the question should have been: Any game that came out after Wizardry 8 and Wizards & Warriors? Only Frayed Knights?

mondblut

Arcane

Well, the question should have been: Any game that came out after Wizardry 8 and Wizards & Warriors? Only Frayed Knights?

After Wzardry 8 the second half of 90s was over, and with it so were blobbers.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Lack of party has absolutely nothing to do with Bethesda's problems. In fact, with its retarded AI, lack of a party is actually a positive.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
the fucking problem of Bethesda games, there is no gameplay in the game Its like a zombie rpg, made for zombie players.
That is why it sells 20 zillion copies and never improves. They don't want to improve it because the braindead fans love it as it is.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Mond can you get a demo of that? It looks promising but so obscure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom