Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

oscar

Arcane
Jick_Magger_101 said:
Caphias is going to walk in on us one day eating his boyfriend-free girl and not react too well?

Then we eat Ciaphas :twisted:

BA

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'd say BA. The Tyrantine Cabal needs to be put in its place, there are higher authorities in this sector than them and they should be reminded of it. As for feeding, we're pretty much walking the path of damnation already and it's too late to turn from it now. Maybe he shouldn't feed on Spehs Marines and the like though, less powerful sustenance is still sustenance, no?

Bros we don't have to feed every time you know? At least now there's no need. So far feeding has worked as a pretty immediate fix for abstinence-related troubles, so if shit gets bad we can just pop a neck and drink some blood. Until then we should be a bit more conservative.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Reject_666_6 said:
But how does not feeding aid us in feeding?
This man speaks with the wisdom of a thousand farseers working in unison with the emperor himself.

Luigi

Barely Literate
Must become Alpha Class Psyker! Call to the Warp! Sanity is for the Weak!

lightbane

Arcane
SO let me get this straight:

Zerbe did not like our reply and thus became very butthurt about this. In response he sends that mad/consoletard inquisitor to troll us. Right?

Also, now that I think about it, these "angry marines" look like they were a parody of the Black Templars (just like it was our Chapter), if they're so zealous, how is it that they have Librarians? For the same reason, for being a psyker Biggus should automatically fail the "test" (and probably sentenced to be burned alive for being a mutant), no?

Anyways, I vote for BB, we don't need to feed... Yet.

I am almost certain that the outcome of this vote will be C...

But, I wish there were another option: Ask the creature for some sort of proof.

lightbane

Arcane
C, devour it, and then everyone!! Go full retard!!!

Actually, I would vote D: Say we'll think about it, we need more data.

From the Lexicanum:
The Oracle knows the answer to all questions; but only one head will always answer the truth, while the other simultaneously delivers a contradictory answer, which is false but equally believable.
So we have a clue!

Let us divide the answers into groups, one per head:
First head said:
"A Lord of Change comes in good faith? I find that hard to believe."

"Well, naturally. You would be a fool if you thought otherwise. Nevertheless, my Lord is concerned by the developments in your Sector. He's afraid that you might be an unwitting pawn in a scheme that will do nothing to save this Sector you are so fond of. I'm sure the Deceiver has told you otherwise, but alas, he is the Deceiver."
------------------------------------------
"So I am to forsake the Imperial Creed and believe that Chaos is in fact our little imaginary friend? Spare me, daemon."

"No. I meant nothing of the sort. Chaos is and always will be your enemy. There is no denying this. But it is the enemy you know. The enemy that is created from your own dreams, and thus, an enemy that mirrors you. An enemy that you can control, to a certain extent. The Deceiver is nothing of the sort, nor are any of the star gods. They are mindless hunger, born with the universe, they have nothing human in them. They are as alien to mankind as they are alien to the warp. If you help the Deceiver in his plan, than you would be giving birth to a new god, a true God whose powers would extend beyond even the Materium. A God that you cannot control, that you cannot even know. An alien God. That is why I have come here."
-----------------------------------------------------
"The Deceiver has helped me maintain stability in the sector. Indeed, he has even saved my life. Why would Tzeentch be any better? His ultimate goal is to have the warp entirely devour the materium, is it not? I fail to see how that is of benefit to anyone."

"I'm afraid you are not well-versed in the Changer of Ways' designs, Lord Calixis. Though some of his less thoughtful servants might wish for such a thing, Tzeentch does not. Erasing the materium would make the warp stagnant, unchanging. Without new minds, new hopes, new aspirations, the warp would become simply oblivion. But your little friend does not care for that; He would make the entire universe his playground. I assure you, that would be far worse than anything that Chaos could do."
---------------------------------------------------------
"And what if I say no?"

"Then you will go on you way, and I will leave you. I have no intention of killing a Sector Lord in the middle of Hive Sibellus. Tzeentch is wise; even if you deny him, your actions will further his designs."
--------------------------------------------------------

Second head said:
Indeed. So would I be correct in guessing that your master has a counter-proposal?"

"Yes. You see, Chaos and humanity have existed side by side since the dawn of man. You might hate us, and with good reason, but there is a balance in this coexistence. Many fall to Chaos, and many more find their faith renewed by defeating Chaos. There is an harmony in that. Indeed, if among humans there were no faithful, no zealots, Chaos would weaken or cease to exist altogether. The warp is the realm of the mind; and the stronger the emotion the mind experiences, the stronger the warp becomes. The Changer of Ways creates Change born of Hope. There is a compact in this, you see."
--------------------------------------------
"So I am to choose the lesser evil? The darkness within our hearts, as you so eloquently put it, or the darkness born out of the fires of creation?"

"Yes."
-----------------------------------------
"And so what do you offer?"

"I offer the help of Lord Tzeentch in your quest. We shall aid you in unlocking the Secret of the Tyrant Star before Ahriman or the Deceiver gets their hands on it. We shall aid you in bringing back stability to the sector. You cannot fight a hive fleet alone. And indeed, if the Changer of Ways sees fit, we might even aid you in forging the Imperium anew. If the Laughing God is not stopped, there will be nothing left to salvage."
--------------------------------------------

I would like to point out that both heads claims that the Deceiver will destroy/mortally maim the universe. Thus this must be true, if root is following WH40k lore to the letter.

lightbane

Arcane
That's why I said we need more time and ask more questions to determine which head says the truth and which one doesn't.

desocupado

Magister
Shit guys, stop wanting to devour everything.

As to the choice, I don't know.

I'm kinda in the dark here, but I vote A. For now. I assume the opportunity will show itself again, right?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
desocupado said:
Shit guys, stop wanting to devour everything.

Yes, stop eating everything and everyone goddamn. It's bad enough that Marius is going full retard now not thinking twice about feeding the device, But hell, I'm sure you will try to eat the fiend even though root had said you cannot consume higher demons, and certainly not without wounding them first.

Anyway, normally, I would vote A seeing such a thin veiled attampt at persuasion, but since I'm always pro-Tzeentch :smug: I cast my vote for B!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
As if we actually have a chance of devouring a demon that strong. I just want to see the attempt. The demon doesn't want to kill Hax anyway, so it's just a fancy way of saying "No!".

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Option C is quite possibly the most pants-on-head stupid decision we've ever been given outside of "Do you want to blow up the space hulk?" Near the beginning.
I'll go B .
No matter what decision we make, we'll end up allied with a god who's infamous for being a lying bastard. Might as well get as close to a chaos option that we'll probably ever get.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I agree with the sentiment that trying to devour the Fatekeeper is stupid. We have no need, and will probably fail horribly, and all this in public view.

I say we pick option B, looking forward to a Tzeentchian conversation, and would love to spite the Deceiver. :thumbsup:

10:54 PM - mafeking_root: :love:
10:54 PM - Occasionally Fatal: haha
10:59 PM - mafeking_root: we miss your vote, OF :/
11:00 PM - Occasionally Fatal: bah your choices are too good
11:00 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i am having trouble deciding
11:00 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i blame my wh40k noobness
11:00 PM - mafeking_root: all you need to know
11:00 PM - mafeking_root: is this
11:01 PM - mafeking_root: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fateweaver
11:03 PM - Occasionally Fatal: hmm
11:03 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well i have a natural dislike for chaos
Call from mafeking_root started.
Call with mafeking_root ended.
Voice connection to remote end disconnected unexpectedly.
11:03 PM - Occasionally Fatal: however
11:03 PM - Occasionally Fatal: o.0
11:03 PM - mafeking_root: wrong button mate
11:03 PM - Occasionally Fatal: lol
11:03 PM - mafeking_root: don't worry
11:04 PM - Occasionally Fatal: hax is no immune to chaos, is he not?
11:04 PM - Occasionally Fatal: now*
11:04 PM - mafeking_root: he is immune to normal chaos
11:04 PM - mafeking_root: he's not immune to a chaos god
11:04 PM - Occasionally Fatal: still
11:05 PM - Occasionally Fatal: hes not immune to anything about the deceiver
11:05 PM - mafeking_root: deceiver hasn't any sort of corruption
11:05 PM - mafeking_root: he just has his words and his contacts
11:05 PM - mafeking_root: tzeentch does have warp-influence
11:07 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i was going to assume that given hax's immunity, it might indeed be better to roll chaos, but i guess hes always been at least very resistant to chaos
11:07 PM - Occasionally Fatal: so i would expect tzeentch to account for that
11:07 PM - mafeking_root: he's only immune to normal chaos, as I said
11:07 PM - mafeking_root: if the influence comes from tzeentch himself, he isn't
11:08 PM - Occasionally Fatal: so if we go down that path, will we be serving him or just... cooperating?
11:08 PM - mafeking_root: depends
11:09 PM - mafeking_root: on your chocies, obviously
11:09 PM - Occasionally Fatal: on future choices, presumably
11:09 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yeah
11:09 PM - mafeking_root: but while the deceiver can only try to manipulate you (which he does best than tzeentch)
11:09 PM - mafeking_root: tzeentch can certainly try to corrupt
11:09 PM - mafeking_root: you
11:09 PM - Occasionally Fatal: seems that path would possibly lead to becoming a greater daemon
11:09 PM - Occasionally Fatal: which would be kind of cool
11:10 PM - mafeking_root: true.
11:11 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i dont know if the codex will go extreme evuhl tho
11:11 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i expect not
11:11 PM - mafeking_root: neither deceiver nor tzeentch is extreme evulh
11:11 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well if we went greater daemon
11:11 PM - Occasionally Fatal: that would be pretty extreme
11:11 PM - mafeking_root: if you try to devour him?
11:11 PM - mafeking_root: yes
11:11 PM - mafeking_root: that would be
11:12 PM - Occasionally Fatal: nah, i mean, if we served tzeentch
11:12 PM - mafeking_root: that's as evil as serving the deceiver i think
11:12 PM - mafeking_root: and if fateweaver is to be believed
11:12 PM - mafeking_root: it's less evil
11:12 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well obviously HE would say that
11:12 PM - Occasionally Fatal: haha
11:12 PM - mafeking_root: indeed
11:13 PM - mafeking_root: but of course, even if he lies
11:13 PM - mafeking_root: one thing is obvious
11:13 PM - mafeking_root: chaos is the enemy you know
11:13 PM - mafeking_root: the problem with that
11:13 PM - mafeking_root: is that you're the enemy chaos knows, too
11:13 PM - Occasionally Fatal: they probably know about the ring, too, since we spotted the illusion
11:14 PM - mafeking_root: well
11:14 PM - mafeking_root: not really. you've spotted the illusion, and that's that
11:14 PM - mafeking_root: they may know about it, but just simply dispelling an illusion isn't = OMG halo device
11:15 PM - Occasionally Fatal: hm, ok
11:15 PM - mafeking_root: btw, the device should be pretty clearly a third party at this point
11:15 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yes
11:15 PM - mafeking_root: not chaos, not c'tan
11:15 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i read about it
11:15 PM - Occasionally Fatal: xenos
11:15 PM - Occasionally Fatal: very nice
11:15 PM - mafeking_root: possibly, yes
11:16 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i was reading a review of the rulebook that part was in
11:16 PM - mafeking_root: that description of the device creeped the fuck out of me
11:16 PM - mafeking_root: when I read it the first time
11:17 PM - Occasionally Fatal: the reviewer was arguing that halo device's weren't all that odd, and that the imperium was fucked up enough that people do similar kinds of things with imperial sanction for various reasons
11:21 PM - mafeking_root: that's
11:21 PM - mafeking_root: p much accurate I guess
11:21 PM - mafeking_root: the 'oddness' comes less from 'HERP I AM A VAMPIRE'
11:21 PM - mafeking_root: than from 'where did it come from? what's its purpose?'
11:22 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yes that is the interesting part
11:23 PM - Occasionally Fatal: and what was the deceiver's ploy at giving it to us?
11:23 PM - Occasionally Fatal: at first it seemed like his symbol, a way to summon him
11:23 PM - Occasionally Fatal: which it is
11:23 PM - Occasionally Fatal: ... minorly
11:24 PM - Occasionally Fatal: it could have been a means of leverage for him
11:24 PM - Occasionally Fatal: or simply a way to keep us off balance
11:24 PM - mafeking_root: or, unlikely as it sounds, he actually does want you to get powerful
11:25 PM - mafeking_root: it's not like you're a threat to him, anyway
11:25 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yes, i remember that part about him thinking about his protege
11:26 PM - mafeking_root: as i've hinted (and outright said) numerous times, the deceiver isn't your average c'tan
11:26 PM - mafeking_root: apart from his death note schemes
11:26 PM - mafeking_root: he's actually pretty decent
11:27 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well the average c'tan would have devoured us by now or something i guess
11:27 PM - mafeking_root: yeap
11:27 PM - mafeking_root: dunno if it isn't obvious by now
11:27 PM - mafeking_root: but the BIG BAD [CENSORED]
11:28 PM - Occasionally Fatal: oh
11:28 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i kind of thought it was [CENSORED]
11:28 PM - Occasionally Fatal: did you have a background update about [CENSORED]
11:29 PM - mafeking_root: [CENSORED] is the most powerful
11:29 PM - mafeking_root: [CENSORED] most dumb
11:29 PM - mafeking_root: eh? [CENSORED] guardians? as far as I know [CENSORED] cult [CENSORED] are his guardians
11:30 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i thought i read something where this one person that keeps watch, and when this person becomes tired, they pass their duties on to the next person
11:30 PM - mafeking_root: yeah
11:30 PM - Occasionally Fatal: dont remember the details
11:30 PM - mafeking_root: [CENSORED]
11:30 PM - mafeking_root: [CENSORED]
11:30 PM - mafeking_root: the [CENSORED] order is
11:31 PM - mafeking_root: [CENSORED] (weakest, [CENSORED] ) -> [CENSORED] (strong,[CENSORED] -> [CENSORED] ([CENSORED] powerful [CENSORED] chaos god, [CENSORED] dumb)
11:31 PM - mafeking_root: and the [CENSORED]
11:31 PM - mafeking_root: which is
11:31 PM - mafeking_root: uh, outside
11:31 PM - Occasionally Fatal: lol
11:32 PM - Occasionally Fatal: [CENSORED] actually sounds like a [CENSORED]
11:32 PM - mafeking_root: :)
11:32 PM - Occasionally Fatal: or that could just be chalked up to the way everything in the universe causes death and insanity
11:33 PM - mafeking_root: it could, it could.
11:33 PM - mafeking_root: but fear not, [CENSORED]
11:33 PM - Occasionally Fatal: aha!
11:33 PM - mafeking_root: oh lettuce be honest here
11:34 PM - mafeking_root: it was obvious, wasn't it
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: once i read [CENSORED]
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i was like
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: huh
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: that sounds familiar
11:34 PM - mafeking_root: just as planned.
11:34 PM - Occasionally Fatal: :thumbsup:
11:35 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i think this sways me to staying with the deceiver
11:35 PM - mafeking_root: four gods of chaos, four gods of matter
11:35 PM - mafeking_root: yeah?
11:35 PM - mafeking_root: well
11:35 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i c what you did there
11:35 PM - mafeking_root: y'know, i'd stay with the deceiver (as a GM) because it'd be easier for me
11:36 PM - mafeking_root: but tzeentch would be cool 'cuz it'd change the gameplay
11:36 PM - Occasionally Fatal: true
11:36 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i wanted originally act 2 to be the dark eldar small party adventure route
11:36 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i think i was the only one ;(
11:36 PM - mafeking_root: so did I :/
11:36 PM - Occasionally Fatal: :bro:
11:36 PM - mafeking_root: it'd be a lot more interesting
11:37 PM - mafeking_root: especially because it'd explain a shitload of stuff
11:37 PM - mafeking_root: and it's a lot easier to maange
11:37 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yeah its easier to play too
11:37 PM - Occasionally Fatal: the grand sweeping sector lord stuff is difficult
11:37 PM - mafeking_root: yeah
11:37 PM - mafeking_root: i was actually kinda 'oh shit' when people chose marius
11:37 PM - Occasionally Fatal: haha
11:37 PM - mafeking_root: because dark eldar are codexian as fuck
11:38 PM - Occasionally Fatal: you advertised tasteful rape
11:38 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i dont know how it didnt get more than just my vote
11:38 PM - mafeking_root: jaedar voted for them too
11:38 PM - Occasionally Fatal: ah ok
11:38 PM - mafeking_root: but he flip-flopped if no other votes were incoming
11:38 PM - mafeking_root: i think people just wanted to stick to the IMperium
11:38 PM - mafeking_root: fags
11:38 PM - Occasionally Fatal: should have died with his boots on
11:39 PM - Occasionally Fatal: JUST LIKE OUR BLACK TEMPLAR RENEGADES
11:39 PM - Occasionally Fatal: :SINGLETEAR:
11:39 PM - Occasionally Fatal: its that way with any game with a human and alien element
11:39 PM - Occasionally Fatal: people pick human at first, then later on go to aliens
11:40 PM - Occasionally Fatal: although i think it was the imperial guard that most people wanted
11:40 PM - Occasionally Fatal: after the sphece mahreen fiasco
11:40 PM - mafeking_root: yeah but I think i made it quite clear that PURE IG wasn't a choice
11:41 PM - mafeking_root: it would've been in act 1
11:41 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yes, but people dont read everything
11:41 PM - mafeking_root: but tbh, in act2 i need to get the story going
11:41 PM - mafeking_root: yeah
11:41 PM - mafeking_root: :/
11:41 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i think i've read everything
11:41 PM - Occasionally Fatal: at least, definitely in act 2
11:41 PM - Occasionally Fatal: and most of act 1
11:42 PM - mafeking_root: you did? there's insane amounts of hints scattered all among the updates actually
11:42 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yeah i suck at putting them all together though
11:42 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i would have to read them all at once
11:42 PM - Occasionally Fatal: and take notes, possibly
11:42 PM - mafeking_root: well
11:42 PM - mafeking_root: it's a text adventure
11:42 PM - Occasionally Fatal: not that that's a bad thing
11:42 PM - Occasionally Fatal: dont dumb it down
11:42 PM - mafeking_root: better takings notes than rolling dice, I guess
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: i didn't
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: though there are times when i need to remind people
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: that they're being way too dum
11:43 PM - Occasionally Fatal: heh
11:43 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well i think you have people coming in and out of the thread
11:43 PM - Occasionally Fatal: so that makes it hard
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: yeah
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: true
11:43 PM - mafeking_root: but the core votes
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: voters*
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: p. much remain
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: what bugs me most, tho
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: is core voters
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: voting shitty decisions
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: 'cuz they want 'X or Y happening KAYOSS!"
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: i mean
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: it's fun
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: but it bugs me
11:45 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yeah thats why i tried to actually tried to write my votes like i was trying to convince other people
11:45 PM - Occasionally Fatal: there was a lot of trying in that last sentence
11:45 PM - mafeking_root: sure was
11:45 PM - mafeking_root: trying is good, I gues
11:45 PM - mafeking_root: huh
11:45 PM - Occasionally Fatal: i try
11:45 PM - mafeking_root: another vote for tzeentch
11:46 PM - Occasionally Fatal: hrm
11:46 PM - mafeking_root: i guess people just don't like deceivs
11:47 PM - Occasionally Fatal: its interesting because he says hes looking forward to a tzeentchian conversation
11:47 PM - Occasionally Fatal: but obviously much more than that
11:47 PM - Occasionally Fatal: goes into that choice
11:47 PM - Occasionally Fatal: although i guess spiting the deceiver
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: tzeentch gets a lot more love than the deceiver mostly because GW's depiction of the deceiver is a jerk-ass fuckhole
11:48 PM - Occasionally Fatal: does most of the work there
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: while tzeentch is ubermanipualtor
11:48 PM - Occasionally Fatal: ah
11:48 PM - Occasionally Fatal: but you are playing the deceiver as the uber-uber manipulator
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: kinda
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: i'm playing the deceiver as a bon vivant
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: crap im going to have to look that up
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: ah yes
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: that makes sense
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: he's not as nearly as farseering as tzeentch
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: but he likes whores and shit
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: well
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: whore's souls, anyway
11:50 PM - Occasionally Fatal: :smug:
11:50 PM - mafeking_root: he's not as chaotic (herp) as tzeentch
11:50 PM - mafeking_root: he just wants to live the high life and rule over the little people
11:50 PM - mafeking_root: actually, he said that in BIG BOLD LETTERS a few updates ago
11:50 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yes, but i guess i didn
11:51 PM - Occasionally Fatal: 't know how much stock to put in that
11:51 PM - Occasionally Fatal: seeing as how he's the deceiver
11:51 PM - mafeking_root: true
11:51 PM - mafeking_root: you're wise
11:51 PM - Occasionally Fatal: nah
11:51 PM - Occasionally Fatal: just paranoid
11:51 PM - mafeking_root: paranoia just means you have all the facts
11:52 PM - Occasionally Fatal: its um, the dunning-kruger effect
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: yeap
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: p much
11:55 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well, there's some pretty gud info in this chat, should i post it on the codex?
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: that would be telling
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: :wink wink:
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: but yeah, post it if you want to
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: i haven't reveleaed any spoilers anyway
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: besides the CLUMSILY OBVIOUS ONE
11:57 PM - Occasionally Fatal: im postin it cuz you said im wise
11:57 PM - Occasionally Fatal: need to improve my forum cred
11:57 PM - mafeking_root: :yoda blessing:

^ interesting "implications." Will analyze and clean it up later but I gots to bed. And I made a decision! To be expanded upon in the morning (it's for sticking with the Deceiver).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom