Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
THE ONE IS KEY THE ONE IS GATEKEEPER THE ONE IS GATE

THIS IS LIKE FALLOUT 2 ALL OVER AGAIN.

Also, B!!!11111 It's flip-floppin' time :M

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A

I have no love for the Deceiver but we shall not consort with Chaos. We might have doomed our body and our mind to an alien device, let's not loose our soul to chaos.

Feeding on such powerful entity is stupid IMO: one, we might get hurt, two, there's now way it won't make a giant psychic ripple and alerting many psykers.

Can we ask the oracle whether Tzeentch can remove the halo device from us after everything is done?

Also, voting B. It is only a promise, it's not like we have to follow up on it and as far as I know, the Deceiver doesn't have to even know :M In either case we will keep our options open.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If we want to know which head tells the truth we could try Knights and Knaves approach... However if the demon doesn't really know the real plans of Tzeentch there is no point. And there is no way something less than a god would be able to comprehend, or even remember, the changer of ways plans.

So I wouldn't bother at interrogating the oracle at all. And remember this: A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. So no dealing with chaos.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: p. much remain
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: what bugs me most, tho
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: is core voters
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: voting shitty decisions
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: 'cuz they want 'X or Y happening KAYOSS!"

11:44 PM - mafeking_root: i mean
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: it's fun
11:44 PM - mafeking_root: but it bugs me
11:45 PM - Occasionally Fatal: yeah thats why i tried to actually tried to write my votes like i was trying to convince other people
11:45 PM - Occasionally Fatal: there was a lot of trying in that last sentence

Well bro, what can I say. It's democracy and democracy is shit. People will vote what sounds most fun when presented with opportunity instead of what strikes as reasonable course of action. My decision to succumb to Chaos notwithstanding :smug:

Also from your ealier descriptions it seemed that the device would prevent Chaotic influence it seemed common sense that it should reduce the impact even of a Chaos God on your mind. In other words I expected Tzeentch to be able to weave the events around us so that we follow his desired goals, but not affect our mental state to the degree of going full chaos scared zealot nuts.

11:48 PM - Occasionally Fatal: but you are playing the deceiver as the uber-uber manipulator
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: kinda
11:48 PM - mafeking_root: i'm playing the deceiver as a bon vivant
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: crap im going to have to look that up
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: ah yes
11:49 PM - Occasionally Fatal: that makes sense
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: he's not as nearly as farseering as tzeentch
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: but he likes whores and shit
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: well
11:49 PM - mafeking_root: whore's souls, anyway

While reading earlier conversation with Deceiver I got that feeling that he was lying through his teeth claiming he has no desire to destroy life or lie waste to mankind. Maybe it's my paranoia (or the warp overtaking me ;)) but I don't trust anything that feasts on all life - not even Marius now :/

Don't be chaos fanboys! Don't be like this:
Cultist-chan-capture.jpg

Stay away from dealing with warp entities. Vote AAAAAA!

desocupado

Magister
What is the BIG OBVIOUS spoiler, in that talk with Ocasionally Fatal?

I'm kinda dense sometimes...

root said:
"If the Laughing God is not stopped, there will be nothing left to salvage" does not mean that the laughing god will be the cause of this destruction, however. it merely implies.

IMO this is it. Very tzeentchian not to lie outright but say only half-truths and skip on the details and let the human mind fabricate the rest. Let the mortals dig their own graves and stuff like that. And of course, "just as planned".

I'm assuming that the second head speaks the truth, and he does promise us that "I offer the help of Lord Tzeentch in your quest. We shall aid you in unlocking the Secret of the Tyrant Star before Ahriman or the Deceiver gets their hands on it. We shall aid you in bringing back stability to the sector. You cannot fight a hive fleet alone. "

That's some pretty explicit promises right there, and it is exactly what we need. If it turns out the deceiver is able to match the offer, we can always ditch Tzeentch, it is not like we are obliged to do anything. And given the deceivers weakness to the warp, he probably doesn't know we have consorted with chaos at all. Saying yes to Tzeentch simply opens up new possibilities.

Yes, new possibilities of DAMNATION. Each of those sentences may be false.

"I offer the help of Lord Tzeentch in your quest" - no guarantees that the help offered is actual help or only an illusion of such.

"We shall aid you in unlocking the Secret of the Tyrant Star before Ahriman or the Deceiver gets their hands on it." - once again, the aid might be illusionary. And there might be more than one secret and we get no guarantee we will get the stuff we need.

"We shall aid you in bringing back stability to the sector." - Tzeentch and stability. Yeah, right.

"You cannot fight a hive fleet alone." - That is an outright lie that only sounds like truth to our feeble minds. You can fight the fleet alone, you just can't win.

Do not listen to Chaos. I think that the sector is pretty much fucked but hope that it will be less fucked if we stick to our whore-soul-loving "friend".

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Let me try to sway you fools on to a better path.

We are caught in between some major powers and we have the strength to defeat neither. Chaos, C'tan and tyranids alike all come to lay siege to the last bastion of the Imperium, and they will find us wanting. I believe our only hope of survival playing these powers against one another until we have the strength to stand on our own.

So what best serves this purpose? The Deceiver or Tzeentch? Well, if Tzeentch's messenger is to be believed he will survive as long as there is emotion and that will always be unless humanity is destroyed, or the warp is. Both of these alternatives are unacceptable, so we must accept that chaos will always exist barring some cataclysmic event. There is however, no guarantee that I know of for the existence of the c'tan. They seemingly cannot replace their losses. To me, this means we should not ally with Tzeentch as it is more likely to disrupt the balance of power in the favor of something that isn't us.

And since we aren't going to ally with Tzeentch, there is no drawback to attempting to devour his daemon, but the potential benefits are immeasurable. I doubt we will succeed completely, but we might be able to siphon something off and we may very well disrupt his illusion. This will naturally cause great disruptions for the ][ who have let a greater deamon walk the streets of the hive unchallenged thus distracting them from us which is what I originally wanted.

tl;dr: Vote C you filthy flip-floppers.

Before you get swayed by Jaedars sweet words think about what happened to us last time we tried to consume something chaos-related.

Luigi

Barely Literate
I dont think taht there is even a chance for success at feeding.

Jaedar said:
And since we aren't going to ally with Tzeentch, there is no drawback to attempting to devour his daemon
There's the chance that someone with psychic affinity will notice something...Trying to devour a greater deamon will unleash some powerful energies. And of course, there's a chance that we will succeed enough to disrupt his illusion and force him into combat-mode, and level the entire city.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
root said:
btw what is that conversation with OF doing here? i was drunk last night. if would you be so kind as to remove that, OF?

11:55 PM - Occasionally Fatal: well, there's some pretty gud info in this chat, should i post it on the codex?
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: that would be telling
11:55 PM - mafeking_root: :wink wink:
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: but yeah, post it if you want to
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: i haven't reveleaed any spoilers anyway
11:56 PM - mafeking_root: besides the CLUMSILY OBVIOUS ONE
11:57 PM - Occasionally Fatal: im postin it cuz you said im wise
11:57 PM - Occasionally Fatal: need to improve my forum cred
11:57 PM - mafeking_root: :yoda blessing:

You gave him your blessing. Case closed. :smug:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
herostratus said:
Jaedar said:
And since we aren't going to ally with Tzeentch, there is no drawback to attempting to devour his daemon
There's the chance that someone with psychic affinity will notice something...Trying to devour a greater deamon will unleash some powerful energies. And of course, there's a chance that we will succeed enough to disrupt his illusion and force him into combat-mode, and level the entire city.
I'm sure the deceiver would happily aid us in killing it.

Repent fools, it is not yet too late! And I want to cast summon Deceiver if we decide to devour.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
If the glorious and reasonable alternative C cannot win, which is how it seems right now, I'm changing my vote to A

The treasonous dogs who would ally with Chaos deserve only redemption through sword and fire.

the deceiver will know, and he will abandon you the moment you do so.
I think you should've said that initially. I mean, otherwise I would assume that a greater deamon of Tzeentsch acting on his direct orders would be able to shield himself from an entity that's weak against the warp.

Not changing my vote though. The deceiver is probably trying to cut off the materium from the immaterium, which would effectively mean that we lose our souls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom